collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cumulative brag! All gens! Finds, mail and grails!  (Read 841 times)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
Cumulative brag! All gens! Finds, mail and grails!
« on: October 23, 2016, 09:19:26 AM »
ve acquired several ponies over the past few months, both in the wild and online. I've gotten much closer to catching up on all G4 releases that I want so far - I've only got 3 brushables and 1 FS left! (Not counting MIB brushables I want, or the many blindbags, or the playsets I'm behind on, etc etc... but still! Progress!)

First, not a new pony, but one I've had since Christmas 2 years ago. I received a few lots of g1s, including a very poor condition Moondancer that I decided to sell as a bait. After over a year of her not selling, I realized that her hair was actually really pretty, and that her worst flaw was how yellowed she was. I decided to sunfade her in the spring. Several months later, here she is!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She's still covered in stains and her symbols are very faded, but she has no cancer, and she's much whiter than she was before. Compared to a white G4 she's still pretty yellow, but I think for something 30 years old, she's pretty good! Here's her with her sisters, the other white g1 unicorns I've sunfaded.

Next is 6 g2s that I got a few months ago; Merry Moments, Princess Fuschia, and the lovely Baby Rumba and Samba, as well as Floral and Baby Petal! They're all in such fantastic condition! Especially Floral and Petal - that rich shade of red! And Merry Moments - her hair is SO soft and silky!

Next is my most recent flea market haul. It's the smallest I've ever had, just 4 g3s (1 of which I will be selling) and 3 G4 animal friends, but I'm very happy with what I did find!

Next is the 6 most recent G4 Fashion Styles, plus Shining Armor. I only need Cadence, and I'll be caught up with all FS released so far!

Next, my pearlized G4 brushables arrived! Their hair is horrible, but I think it looks alright on display.

And here they are with their Explore Equestria sisters, the headband ponies.

And now for the GRAILS!

One of my most exciting purchases has already been put away among by blindbags. I got several blindbags, including the remaining wave 11 ponies I didn't have, which was in stores in my area only very verify and which I mostly missed out on, all except for 2. Super exciting! I also got a few other blindbags, including... SNOWCATCHER! I'm still so excited!

Story time: way back when I first decided to try and acquire at least one version of every pony ever, I thought that the early G4 brushable waves - Blossomforth's wave and Feathermay's wave, respectively - were out of my budget, so instead I figured I'd go for their blindbags. Turns out the blindbags were even MORE out of my budget, and I spent several years hunting them down for a price I could justify. I got all but Snowcatcher a while back, and I'd been looking everywhere for her, to no avail. But now she's finally back with her friends!

Ironically enough, I got the full set of 10 brushables long before I completed the blindbags, which were supposed to be my cheaper and easier to find alternative to the brushables. Not that I'm complaining - I've got them all now!

It's probably pretty weird that I consider a blindbag one of my grails. Well, then the next one is even weirder:

Ponyville Magic Marigold! Also Blossomforth, and a Rainbow Dash upgrade whose hair doesn't constantly fall off.

I found Fair Weather at the flea market a while back, but I could never find Magic Marigold anywhere, until eBay recommended a lot to me. Only $5, including shipping, for the 3 above, as well as 2 duplicate McPonies that will be going up for sale/trade.

Next is a more understandable grail:

G4 Star Swirl! My photo doesn't do her justice; she's GORGEOUS in person. I can see why she's so sought after, besides just scarcity.

And finally... my most coveted grail of all...

THE CALICO CRITTERS OAKWOOD HOME'S 3RD FLOOR!

The figures, furniture, and house aren't new - just the 3rd floor. I found the house at the flea market a while back for only $7 (!!!!) but it was missing the ladders and removable platform that served as both the 3rd floor and garden, if you flipped it around. I spent seemingly forever scouring for that floor, and then finally scored it on eBay! The house is still only half furnished, but now I could start buying more furniture sets for it again, as I actually have a place to put them now.

Anyway, that's it! Thanks to Flitter, Sugar and Miss_Pompom (eBay won't let me leave feedback for you for some reason)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Cumulative brag! All gens! Finds, mail and grails!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 09:29:16 AM »
I love them, they're all gorgeous!

Great job on sunfading.

The Pearly are Headbands are cute.

Great FS ponies.

Aww the Calico Critter stuff is positively adorable!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 12:10:47 PM »
Moon dancer looks amazing!!!  Good job :).
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 12:23:35 PM »
Love your pearly ones!

pinkity

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 12:38:08 PM »
Daaaang! Star Swirl?? Don't tell me she was an irl find? @_@

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 02:09:19 PM »
Daaaang! Star Swirl?? Don't tell me she was an irl find? @_@

Nope, I'm not that lucky haha. I bought her from Miss_Pompom on eBay. She's in fantastic condition!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 02:37:16 PM »
 BEAUTIFUL EVERYTHING!!!!!

Great work on the sunfades

I had no idea we had so much nice new G4...FSs are where it's at for Exp[lore Equestria it seems, they look so good all together!

Nothing weird about g3.5s once you get addicted...i like the all-vinyl hair ones too

I think you have a mouse infestation in that little house, tee hee

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 12:31:23 AM »
So many wonderful ponies!  I squealed out loud seeing your G2's.  Thanks for sharing so many gorgeous little faces :)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 04:13:33 AM »
Congratulations on finding so many grails.  I love that some of your grails are unusual.  I also love the G3 blind bags and like them with some of the smaller play sets as well.  Your pearlised brushables look amazing together! So pretty :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 11:06:39 PM »
Your ponies look so good and fresh^^ Nice finds :)

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 07:14:11 AM »
Those G2's are stunning!
They look brand new!  ^.^

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 10:16:06 AM »
Congrats on your finds! :D

That Glory is gorgeous!  :drunk: And you did a fantastic job sunfading her and her sisters!

The calico critters are so stinky cute! I like their set up so far! :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 12:55:47 PM »
Your pics are so lovely and bright.  They make me want to reach right into the screen and touch your new ponies!  Moondancer is lovely and white.  It's amazing what a few months in the sun can do.  Congrats on your new additions :D

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 11:31:31 AM »
Such lovely photos!  Congrats on the sunfading. 

Your collection looks so vibrant and happy. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal