collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 257 times)

lejays17

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi there
« on: October 23, 2016, 06:50:06 AM »
I feel rather weird posting an introduction as I don't actually collect ponies  :blink:

But I love looking at what people do with their toys - taking photos, displaying them, customising in whatever way - so decided to join to admire that side of things.

A bit about me:

Work with numbers in a small not-for-profit in the disability sector
Married with no kids or pets
Have a houseful of books, mostly fantasy / historical / school stories
Have a growing number of EAH dolls, a couple of MH, and 3 Pullips, which are my newest love.
I cross stitch and knit as my creative hobby, just starting to make, clothes for the dolls

I hope this is enough to start, will try to think of other things to add later

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
Re: Hi there
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 03:16:35 PM »
Hello and welcome! There is a doll section to the forums here as well, so you can always share your EAH and MH collection there even though you don't collect ponies yourself. Who is your favorite? I always quite liked Ghoulia, but there are a lot of great characters in the doll line and the movies.  ^.^ For EAH, I think Raven and Cerise Hood are probably tied for my favorite, and my 6yo niece is Cerise this year for Hallowe'en, so that's fun  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 12:24:39 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :)

You certainly don't have to collect ponies to be able to enjoy the forum (although almost all of us own at least one :silly: )  I too love to see how collectors display ponies, members toy photography generally and many of the customs of ponies from members here are amazing pieces of art.

Enjoy your time here on the forum. :lovey:

lejays17

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 02:14:35 AM »
Thanks for the welcome!

I lurked for a while but as one can't see the photos without joining...

I'm really going to enjoying looking at all the photos - and being inspired to take my own from them.

In regards to my dolls - I have all of the sig EAHs up until Justine & Jillian - my last one was Meshell for my anniversary.  I also have a variety of non-Sig if I can find the ones I like at a decent price.  I've got the 2 Dragon Games girls, all the Spring Unsprung, 2 Fairest on Ice and a Epic Winter Apple.  I also have a Getting Fairest Maddie who is my main "play" doll  :biggrin:
I have 4 dressed MH, 2 Rochelles, Sweet Screams Frankie (who technically belongs to my husband as he adores that version of her), and Kjersti.  And a bunch of nude ones who get donated to my nieces after I've stolen their clothes for my EAH girls  :whistle:
I also have a growing collection of the MH minis as they are inexpensive and line up nicely along the top of the TV.  So my husband will get one for me "just because" if he's out and wants to get me a treat.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 12:53:52 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, lejays17!

This forum is for everyone, and you may just find that there's one pony here you like so much you'll have to get it. As others said, you'll enjoy our doll forum and there's always off topic or the toy box for other discussions! Enjoy the forums!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal