collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello there :)  (Read 396 times)

Dethdust

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello there :)
« on: October 22, 2016, 04:40:51 PM »
Hello, everyone! I'm part of the tumblr pony community, but a lot of great info seems to come from here, so I though I'd join. :)

I am 21, I live in really close to Portland, Oregon, USA.

I grew up in a strict household and non-natural coloured ponies were ""demonic"" because they were magical, but as I got a little older my family loosened up a little in time for me to be into ponies very briefly while I was 10-12 years old. I collect all gens sans g3.5, I cannot say they are my favorite. I am most fond of G3 toys, G1 2D media, and G2 as an overall package.

I have just recently been able to do-away with my guilt around collecting toys, so my collection is pretty small at the moment, with G4 comprising most of it. I tend to focus around specific ponies rather than specific gens, my current favorites from each gen being Bride, Ivy, Minty, and Fluttershy/Minty again. I am so unbelievably stoked for the Build-a-Bear Minty coming out soon!

cannibalism

Re: Hello there :)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 06:41:59 PM »
welcome to the arena! we are so happy you've come to join us and start up collecting! I know i still struggle with collector's guilt. i feel so weird telling my family about it or trying to talk to my friends about it... but it makes me happy!
we think the same way! I pick certain ponies that i LOVE rather than just one certain generation.
I hope to see you around on the forums!

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 01:41:47 AM »
Welcome to the arena.
I guess pony guilt in any form must be quite common, I am a bit older, well yes, much more older, and I just dealed with it last year. Before that I just hid that love for ponies, even if I was lucky enough to have had some of them when I was little. For me it was "they are girl stuff" and even now, a friend of mine made fun of me when I told him. "So you comb them?" Hahaha.
Well here you'll see many of us who share the same hobbies around ponies and you'll surely find yourself a little bit more at home ^^
So once again, welcome! :lol:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:57:09 PM by Khayman81 »
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 06:27:35 AM »
I understand that in some households anything magical is "evil", oftentimes its overprotectiveness, or just not knowing one magic from the other. Luckily my parents were loose enogh to let me watch shows with make believe magic, and the toys that went along with them. But some other people i knew were not so lucky.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 12:21:27 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :)

I'm so glad that you are able to start pursuing a collection of toys you love with like minded people to talk to.  I hope you find many ponies that will give you joy :lovey:

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 12:51:29 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, Dethdust!

Collectors guilt is a pain, but you have to remember that it's your decision on what you choose to do and who deserves to know about it. But you're surrounded by other collectors here. Enjoy the forums!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal