collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nintendo's Next Console Revealed!  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo's Next Console Revealed!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 10:05:48 PM »
Nintendo is really disappointing me lately. I can't believe how they handled the Mini Nes Classic, creating false demand. It's obvious they'll produce enough to meet demand, they'd be insane not too, so releasing such a limited supply at Christmas was just cruel. How many people caved to scalpers' insane prices instead of just waiting?

And now the price of the Switch with the 'Australia Tax' is $470... in the US it's $300USD...
I'll demonstrate below why I don't know if I will be buying a Switch or not this year... and if I do I'm considering importing it from Japan for goodness sake.
(the following prices are rounded up to the dollar)

Switch
US Price = $300 USD
Exchange = $400 AUD
AUS Price = $470 AUD
Converted: $470 AUD = $352 USD ($52 USD / $70 AUD more)

Now if you want the new Zelda game with it, well...

Switch + Game
US Price = $360 USD
Exchange = $480 AUD
AUS Price = $560 AUD
Converted: $560 AUD = $420 USD ($60 USD / $80 AUD more)

Americans can buy the console and a game for $360 USD, just about $10 more than we pay for the console alone ($352 USD)... as the currency conversion currently stands.

Nintendo, please explain...

PS. Sorry I got into a bit of a rant, us Australians are just a bit fed up with the Australia Tax in the gaming industry  :mad:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo\'s Next Console Revealed!
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 08:33:55 AM »
*revives* Now that we have the official release date and announced launch games, how is everyone feeling?

I'm so torn, it's being released on a particularly special day for me (:tort:), but I didn't jump on preorders and I don't know if I want to be super diligent to ensure getting one on release day. I remember the nightmare when the Wii was released, and based on early Amiibo releases and the NES Classic, this will probably be just as hard.

Also, kind of disappointed online features are going to be subscription based now; as a casual player who only really uses online for Pokemon, I will have a hard time justifying it (and kind of kills Mario Maker for me since I'm a late comer in picking it up, but really want it). The whole, game of the month does sound like a fun perk though.

Yeah but then you hafta buy the game, or you don't get to keep it. Not as keen as I was on this but its still nice. There's some good games coming out for this to that I'd be interested in IF I were buying it, which I'm not.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Yooka-laylee
Sonic
The new Mario
Tetris/Puyo Puyo
No More Heroes 3

Post Merge: January 17, 2017, 08:35:23 AM

Nintendo is really disappointing me lately. I can't believe how they handled the Mini Nes Classic, creating false demand. It's obvious they'll produce enough to meet demand, they'd be insane not too, so releasing such a limited supply at Christmas was just cruel. How many people caved to scalpers' insane prices instead of just waiting?

And now the price of the Switch with the 'Australia Tax' is $470... in the US it's $300USD...
I'll demonstrate below why I don't know if I will be buying a Switch or not this year... and if I do I'm considering importing it from Japan for goodness sake.
(the following prices are rounded up to the dollar)

Switch
US Price = $300 USD
Exchange = $400 AUD
AUS Price = $470 AUD
Converted: $470 AUD = $352 USD ($52 USD / $70 AUD more)

Now if you want the new Zelda game with it, well...

Switch + Game
US Price = $360 USD
Exchange = $480 AUD
AUS Price = $560 AUD
Converted: $560 AUD = $420 USD ($60 USD / $80 AUD more)

Americans can buy the console and a game for $360 USD, just about $10 more than we pay for the console alone ($352 USD)... as the currency conversion currently stands.

Nintendo, please explain...

PS. Sorry I got into a bit of a rant, us Australians are just a bit fed up with the Australia Tax in the gaming industry  :mad:

Nintendo Shortstocking everything sucks! I'm still trying to find an NES Mini.  :mad:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 08:52:22 AM »
I preordered a game for it before preordering the Switch itself. :P

I wanted the collector's edition of Sonic Mania, but I was hesitant to get it for the PS4 since we don't have one yet. We plan on getting one later this year. I said that I would definitely get a Switch version if they did one, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that they did. I went ahead and ordered that because I know we'll more than likely get the Switch soon after its release, and we'll have that before we get a PS4.

My husband and I aren't sure about preordering the Switch, but Nintendo is pretty bad when it comes to having a good stock of their items. So we'll see.

Regardless, I know we'll be getting it. I'm excited! And it's coming at a good time- tax return season, wooooo extra money! :dance2:
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 04:02:32 PM »
My opinion pretty much remains the same. I probably won't be paying the online subscription service since I rarely play nintendo consoles and I already pay for PS+. Also, I just don't see Nintendo having enough to offer in terms of online play to justify paying for it.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 08:54:39 AM »
Nintendo blew my mind with Super Mario Odyssey. I'll admit I want the Switch for when the 3D Mario series finally returns to being, well, 3D. I expected Galaxy 3 or something in the "3D Land/World" line of titles. But they came out with something new and acknowledged the loss of the open world style from 64/Sunshine. I applaud Nintendo fully for this.

However, otherwise the Switch failed to impress me. Nintendo is in absolutely no position to be charging for online services. They need to be selling the Switch to consumers. Consumers know that Nintendo's online services have never been up to par, and they also know that the Wii U wasn't too successful and that, to be blunt, the Switch doesn't look much better. So for Nintendo to come out saying that they would charge for online services is them being completely out-of-touch.

More motion control does not compel me. I've never liked motion control. The portable aspect is kind of neat, but... not a system seller.

The game they're really banking on for launch: Breath of the Wild is a Wii U game. I will be buying it on the Wii U.

I hope to be able to pick up the Switch for Super Mario Odyssey, but, to be honest, the system's downsides outweigh its positives. I'm a poor college student. I can not even begin to afford paying for online services. I was so annoyed when I got my PS4 and realized that PS plus is required to play online. Do gaming companies think we're made of money? We have to pay electricity bills, internet bills, cable bills and/or streaming services, etc. Games are getting more expensive, too, with microtransactions and DLC tacked onto these already bad prices. Paying monthly to be able to play online is scummy. And it's especially a bad decision for Nintendo, who's not in a good position right now.

The gaming market needs a huge wake-up call. Very soon.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal