collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nintendo's Next Console Revealed!  (Read 3108 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Nintendo's Next Console Revealed!
« on: October 20, 2016, 07:44:14 AM »
Nintendo has announced that it's next console, previously known as the Nintendo NX, will be launching as Nintendo Switch in March of 2017. The console will be a home console / handheld hybrid which will run on cartridges. Anyone who wants to see the three minute reveal trailer should hop over to their favorite gaming site and check it out. My information comes from IGN.

My thoughts after seeing the trailer?

Yes! This is what I hoped we'd be seeing from Nintendo's next console and I feel that there is a lot of potential here. I will need to wait and see what games are going to be available for launch, but it is entirely possibly this may be my first time buying a launch console.

... But what do you guys think? Check out the trailer and share your thoughts! :)

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

rolllerblades

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Nintendo's Next Console Revealed!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 07:56:03 AM »
I think I'm gonna be losing a lot of money next year!

Especially if they finish the feature tgat let's you play DS games. That'd make this basically exactly what I hoped the WiiU would be. Plus, Skyrim??? First comment is "why?" second one is "wow I might actually finish that game if it's mobile"

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 09:33:10 AM »
I LOVE IT!

This is what I thought the Wii U was going to be when it was first announced, so I'm pretty excited. My husband and I are already thinking of ways to save up money for it when it comes out. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 10:09:59 AM »
This makes me wish I had never asked for a Wii U! I only have two games and never touch the thing and now I see this?? THIS is what I needed!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 10:45:15 AM »
It's neat looking. I bet it's pricey though. I wish I'd saved for this instead of the WiiU, on the other hand, I'm not sure if the battery life will be any better then the gamepad. Plus the mini controllers look cramp inducing.

The main controller reminds me of the Sega Genesis one.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 10:53:25 AM »
I haven't seen it yet and I'm already freaking out trying to decide where it will go on my shelf.  :blush: I think it's time to finally get rid of the paperweight PS3.

Need to check out the trailer right away.

Edit: Okay, I saw it, and it looks amazing! I mean, I don't think I would take advantage of the whole taking it out of the house to play thing, but the option is there if I'm really into a game and will be away (I barely take my 3DS with me unless it's an overnight trip). Forever grateful I can play without turning the TV on again too. I think my biggest question is if Wii/U games can still be played on it, since it looks like they're going to little DS sized carts now.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 11:16:54 AM by aluke »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 12:03:03 PM »
I'm not feeling the hype. This just looks like standard fare for a Nintendo console. It was exactly what I was expecting. Except, it does look like it can just be a standard console with a standard controller. Nintendo made strides with the Wii U in that case over the Wii (the Pro controller could now control menu operations and open up a game, while with the Wii only the Wii Remote would do that, and only with the sensor, not with the pad), but it still forced you to have the gamepad (which dies after not being charged for a short time, whether you've been using it or not) to access settings, the store, etc. So it's nice to see that it looks like the Switch just has a standard controller.

I'm just not sold with the rest of it. The games don't look any more impressive than they did on the Wii U. And I absolutely do not want to see the handheld and console markets mesh. Nintendo releases different kind of games for each market, and in general I prefer console releases by a wide margin, but since handheld games tend to sell better, I'm afraid that some of these console-style games might stop being produced.

|My Collection|

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 01:27:38 PM »
It looks like a dog :P lol. There's some pictures floating around of the controller as a dogs head.

But anyway, it looks really neat! We have the wii u but I always wished I could play on just the controller without the tv. Hopefully with this one we can!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 08:54:38 PM »
I've been excited for this since it was first rumoured, and now with the official announcement and release date... *hyperventilates*

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that with the introduction of cartridges there is no backwards compatibility to Wii & Wii-U games (but maybe yes for DS & 3DS?). I was kind of hoping that there would be some sort of plug-in disc drive for when you use it on the TV stand... that makes sense to me as a cool feature for those that don't want to buy an entire Wii-U. Like when they released the Gamecube controller adaptor, that was awesome! (hear me Nintendo, do it, doooo iiiit!)

I've been holding out on buying a Wii-U. I made the mistake of buying a 3DS months before the New 3DS were announced. But it seems like I might have to save up for both, hopefully there are some good sales on the horizon.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 02:33:47 PM »
I'm hesitantly excited about it. I want to know more before I decide I'm going to buy it. I'm not a huge Nintendo gamer, though, and if they release the new Zelda on Wii U as well as the new system I might just get the Wii U version (UNLESS the new system is more disability friendly, which it looks like it will be, in which case I want to support that!).

Of course, I'll definitely get one eventually to keep up with the games I want to play from Nintendo. I tend to get eeeeevery console eventually.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 05:26:20 AM »
This looks amazing. I wish it was backwards compatible with DS games. But even without that, I'm intrigued

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 08:01:57 AM »
I love the idea behind the Switch!  Wish they could have done it earlier.  My husband and I always said that,  the Wii U should have been more portable.  He really wanted to be able to take the gamepad to work with him without taking the entire system.  And it would have been nice if you could have at least been able to take it to another room.  This would have been very beneficial for my son. 
And now that the next Zelda is FINALLY! coming out I'm trying to decide if I should buy it for the Wii U or just wait for the Switch and buy it for that instead.  I'm always hesitant on buying a new system right when it first comes out though because of bugs they usually find within the first year that they have to fix.
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 06:31:06 PM »
Maybe I am weird but I don't like the idea of combining portable/console. I like them to be separate. I am a handheld only gamer, really.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 01:24:52 PM »
Maybe I am weird but I don't like the idea of combining portable/console. I like them to be separate. I am a handheld only gamer, really.
I understand that. When it comes to Nintendo, I am waaaay more into handheld games than their console games. And the Switch just seems like it might complicate handheld gaming. I keep my 3DS and other handheld consoles by my bed, since that's where I primarily play them. I wouldn't be able to keep the Switch by my bed, though.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 08:07:05 PM »
*revives* Now that we have the official release date and announced launch games, how is everyone feeling?

I'm so torn, it's being released on a particularly special day for me (:tort:), but I didn't jump on preorders and I don't know if I want to be super diligent to ensure getting one on release day. I remember the nightmare when the Wii was released, and based on early Amiibo releases and the NES Classic, this will probably be just as hard.

Also, kind of disappointed online features are going to be subscription based now; as a casual player who only really uses online for Pokemon, I will have a hard time justifying it (and kind of kills Mario Maker for me since I'm a late comer in picking it up, but really want it). The whole, game of the month does sound like a fun perk though.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:08:47 PM by aluke »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal