collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shipping question - 2 packages, 1 payment... possible?  (Read 829 times)

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Shipping question - 2 packages, 1 payment... possible?
« on: October 19, 2016, 01:05:27 PM »
Hi,

Ok, I've got a shipping to Australia coming up and I'm shipping in two seperate packages but there will be one payment through Paypal.

Three questions:
1. how does it work with insurance of the packages? Normally when a package gets lost you'll have to prove what you've paid for it, but I only have 1 payment. Does that matter?
2. what for implications does this have for the buyer protection of paypal? Or not at all?
3. what should I write on the customs form? 50% of the amount paid? Both times 100% will be bad as soon as taxes have to be paid over them, so I would think 50% of it?

I hope some of you have more experience with it. :)
Just making sure I'm doing things correctly.

Thanks!
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping question - 2 packages, 1 payment... possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 05:01:24 AM »
My memory may be off a bit, so this will need to be double checked... But I don't believe Australia pays customs/import/tax duties for incoming packages.
 I would mark packages as 1 of 2, and 2 of 2.
Can you assign a value based on what is in each package? Or is it one main item that is split into 2 boxes?
Also, when a package gets lost, it usually starts with the sender, not necessarily what was paid for it. Otherwise it would not be fair if a gift was lost, or a handmade item, or family piece.
Ironically the only packages I have had that have been severe problems were to my own mother on the other side of the US. I had to give them a list of items, and since several were no longer for sale, find a like item on eBay to show them value.

Assuming that both boxes are part of a whole, I would value them both fully- since with the loss of either of them the result would be an incomplete and much less valued item.

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 07:10:09 AM »
Paypal gives you the room for any remarks, that can be used to write its 2 packages for this payment. You will receive 2 track & trace number as proof of shipping in case they get lost. As for taxes: that's the buyers problem not yours so the full amount should be noted.

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 06:12:55 AM »
We don't have to pay tax for parcels in Australia unless the amount is over $1000aud (around $720usd). I'm not sure if that helps much :blush: the few times I've had multiple parcels coming I've always made multiple payments so I'm not sure how only one payment would effect insurance.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:16:04 AM by Sabrina »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 04:15:08 PM »
As for taxes: that's the buyers problem not yours so the full amount should be noted.

If the full amount is written twice it wouldn't be fair to the buyer and they may have to pay more taxes than they actually should.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 04:58:01 PM »
As for taxes: that's the buyers problem not yours so the full amount should be noted.

If the full amount is written twice it wouldn't be fair to the buyer and they may have to pay more taxes than they actually should.

I agree, it's not fair to require the buyer to pay twice as much in taxes.

Maybe put half the value on each box?  It's not a perfect solution, but . . .
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 06:10:44 PM »

I think that makes the most sense

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 04:37:46 AM »
Thank you all so much! :)

I've decided to ship them with 2x the total amount. The packages are both insured up till 500 euro's (= standard), but you will need to proof the amount. If I would write 1/2 of it on the custom form I think I would only get that amount. If one package is lost and the other not, the total playset would be worthless. It is a paradise estate.

Luckely australia doesn't have taxes for this amount (or double) so that wouldn't be a problem either.

Hopefully they just arrive in flawless condition, but I felt I had to ask upfront :).
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 09:36:57 AM »

I think that makes the most sense
That's what I actually meant, full amount per box value but people over seem to jump to their conclusion very fast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal