collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Swapaholic.ca -- Website / Blog Idea Feedback Wanted  (Read 360 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Swapaholic.ca -- Website / Blog Idea Feedback Wanted
« on: October 19, 2016, 08:00:07 AM »
I'm considering starting a blog / website about swapping.

I want to talk about:

-- swap basics (of course, since not everyone knows or understands what a swap is, how they work, why they are worth doing, how to not get scammed / find a safe community, etc.)

-- tips, reviews and ideas surrounding craft supplies,

-- gift guides for certain holidays

-- advice when buying for certain types of dietary / allergic needs

-- listings of treats that are unique to different countries / that can't be found in certain countries

-- posts showing off teasers from swaps I am doing, swap boxes I have received, and my thoughts here and there on interesting things I buy to send to others

-- Wishlists for my various collections and my general likes and dislikes. (Nice to have that all somewhere easy to get to, especially on days when my arthritis is stubborn and copy / paste is a lifesaver. :lol: )

I'm sure I'll come up with more content ideas, but that should at least be a start.

What I'd like to know from you guys is:

1. Do you think a site / blog like this would help anyone?

2. What do you know now that you wish you knew when you started swapping?

3. When you started swapping what were the things you found most confusing / wished there was more information about?

4. Do you have any suggestions on articles or topics that you think would help new or current swappers?

Thanks for taking a look at this. I've been trying to build up the energy to get this going for months and I think I'm finally ready to see about getting it off the ground.

Last, do you think "Confessions of a Swapaholic" is a good title, or should the blog / site title just be Swapaholic.ca like the url is going to be?

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: Swapaholic.ca -- Website / Blog Idea Feedback Wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 10:27:20 AM »
What a fun idea!! I love it! I like "Confessions of a Swapaholic". That's a cute title :)

1. I definitely think a blog like that could help people who are new to swapping!

2. I'm not sure there's anything specific, but I think a site with basic info on swapping would've been super helpful

3. I think the process of swapping was a little confusing in general. So again just having a basic rundown would've been good.

4. I think giving people a list of sites that are safe for swapping (here, MLPTP, etc).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal