collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who else can't wait for the Walking Dead? SPOILERS  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: Who else can't wait for the Walking Dead?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2016, 11:56:49 PM »
No, no, no, I'm crying so badly. Why????
I'm done with that show ...

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 03:01:36 AM »
I cant say Im surprised, I mean if youre a twd comic reader as well as tv series watcher, the real question weve been asking ourselves since last season ended was "will it be like the comic... or will it be someone else?"
I will admit though, that scene was powerful.. terrible but powerful. >.< I did not want to see him go especially like that ugh.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 07:31:30 AM »
I cant say Im surprised, I mean if youre a twd comic reader as well as tv series watcher, the real question weve been asking ourselves since last season ended was "will it be like the comic... or will it be someone else?"
I will admit though, that scene was powerful.. terrible but powerful. >.< I did not want to see him go especially like that ugh.

I agree with you!  I've read all the comics, and Negan is - without a doubt -- a bad man. However, I've waited  a long time to see him brought to life onscreen. I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan is perfect for the role.

I think this episode justified the cliffhanger finale from last season. Have to say, I'm glad they stayed (very true) to the book. Can't really say more without spoiling...

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 08:15:38 AM »
I agree on the actor, he is damn good and convincing, and the scene was more than intense. I'm just pissed about the choice of who they took away.

Kanchii

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 11:05:14 AM »
I'm totally masochistic when it comes to characters I like dying, so I was kinda happy they killed off who they did. ALL OF THE FEELS AHHHHH

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 06:23:54 PM »
I was enjoying  until about season four.  Once the Humans start facing off against other Humans instead of Zombies, it's not the same anymore.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 07:46:07 PM »
Yeah I feel the same, The last few seasons have been very predictable. "find group of people, feel safe for a little while, group of people either attack ricks group, or get attacked by someone else.. or whatever" rinse repeat. xD

In the beginning seasons you had a feeling of emptiness, like there weren't that many people left, they went far and wide before they would find others, and NOW its like they're bumping into multiple groups everywhere. there's TONS of people xD I mean just in this new area, there seems to be settlements of people all over the place, Alexandria, hilltop, wolves, kingdom, Negan's bunch, and they've referred to more that we haven't seen yet. and that's not counting the multiple "small groups" that seem to hang around the area and just keep to themselves.

This area either had enough warning about the upcoming virus, that they were able to figure things out and not lose too many people right away, like they were spread far and wide, unlike Rick's hometown which seemed to be the typical close housed community type, got wiped out quickly, probably only escalated because of the evacuation since it just drove people even closer to one another, not to mention I believe it was one of the original starting points of the virus.

It just makes me wonder, the farther he travels from "home" (once upon a time) the more people they run into, the bigger the groups end up being. wouldn't it be kinda a nasty joke if the farthest corners of the US were hardly touched by this? xD but they have no idea of knowing because they dont have that kinda of technology anymore. I mean this isn't a theory, just ... musings I guess? I mean they've talked to people from all parts of the US so we kinda know that's not the case already rofl. Plus the CDC guy in the early episodes would have probably said so. Even though he was kinda out of his mind at the time. lol

These ideas of mine aren't serious, but I enjoy entertaining the idea that these things could happen rofl.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 08:03:57 PM »
Yeah our household is struggling with the logistics and reality of how big the map is... and how time has passed.  I mean sometimes there are clear moments of storyline and then... there's not.  Clearly we are dealing with a regional geography - they haven't traversed into anything too different climate-wise! 

Most of the actual scientific "why zombies?" hasn't been answered to my satisfaction yet so I have a number of theories on how that applies to the map and how people seem to be grouping!

Although to be perfectly honest, my husband and I struggled to watch the rest of the episode after the first fifteen minutes of the newest.  Hmmm.  it was hard.  Our friend actually left the room and decided to be elsewhere until afterwards.  And we really aren't sure if we'll tune in again - I make enough compromise about zombie movies but this show is pretty much made of up of nothing BUT the moments in zombie movies that I HATE.  There are a handful of shows that we`ve just not finished watching because of the violence.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 10:46:50 PM »
I'm still sticking around, but yeah i wouldn't be surprised if there was a drop in views after the last episode, that was.. painful, and very graphic.. and saying graphic... when you're talking about an already very graphic zombie show xD is saying a lot i think lol.
I think I just keep watching because I've fallen in love with characters so much, I want to know what happens, and part of me also wants to know how it ends for good. But if the story just keeps repeating itself like it has been, It probably won't take me too long to get bored.

I actually didnt watch any of last season while it was airing, I kept forgetting to watch it, when usually it was like I couldn't wait for the next episode. I ended up watching the series on netflix when they added it lol. So I can already tell im starting to get less and less excited about them i guess.

sunshine29102

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2016, 06:45:23 AM »
I find it super interesting to hear what the viewers who don't or have never read the books say about "that scene".  I also giggle inside when I hear them say, "I can't wait to see who kills Negan", because I can't either.  :biggrin:

I agree that there seems to be a lot more of People vs Other People than People vs Walkers in the past few seasons. I think that's just the world they live in now - the people are the real threat.  The Walkers aren't terrifying anymore.  It's like once you've seen a few of them, you're almost desensitized to them to the point that they just sort of turn into background or scenery often than a major threat.   The special effects makeup is pretty awesome, though!

Maybe just me, but I've always been more afraid of the people than the walkers.  I've always found characters like Hannibal Lecter much more terrifying than Jason or Michael Meyers.  I'd put Negan up there at "expert level" in psychological warfare. He has some great story arcs in the books, and I'm really hoping that at least a few of them translate over to the show. 

I find it super interesting to hear what the viewers who don't or have never read the books say about "that scene".  I also smile when I hear them say, "I can't wait to see who kills Negan", or "I hope Negan gets killed off quickly".   :biggrin:

Assuming "the last scene" of Season 6 roughly translates to Episode 100 of the comics, and the comics are currently at about issue 162 (and remain ongoing), I'm wondering how many more seasons we will get. I know they were just renewed for an 8th season.  It also seems like the actors really love being on this show and are dedicated to it. 

I do wonder how many people will stop watching the show after the S7 premiere due to the violence/gore.  Like, was it just too over the top? Because there have been a lot of past episodes that have pushed the envelope so to speak.

Without spoiling, I'll say that the ending got to me worse than the violence/gore...

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2016, 08:12:23 AM »
I'm only somewhere in season 4 right now (just arriving at Terminus), but I have some serious questions about this show.

Why are the zombies always so wet?  It's a dead thing.  In dead things, blood will pool in the lowest part of the body - certainly not in the head!  So a head-shot zombie wouldn't be fountaining blood and wet bits of brain everywhere.  It would more than likely be rotting bits of brain and skull shrapnel.

Why is zombie blood so wet?  It's dead.  It should be clotted at the very least, congealed at the most, and would probably drip out like the last bit of jelly in a jar.  I mean, I guess it could be so rotted that it liquefies again, but it still wouldn't be in the head of an upright shambling zombie. 

Shouldn't these dead zombies be literally rotting to pieces?  Not just when someone touches them and the skin sloughs off, but like, actively falling apart.  It's been a year.  In the deep south where there is humidity.  Bodies turn to liquid pretty fast down there.  And we've seen maggots on and in zombie bodies, so it isn't a case of flies choosing not to lay their eggs on walkers. 

Are these questions answered later in the series?

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2016, 09:48:31 AM »
That was too much. I'm done. Grotesquely killing zombies who are already dead is one thing but that kind of human on human violence takes it to a level I am not willing to engage with. Seems like the show has veered away from everything I found appealing about it in the first place. I'm not upset at who died or even how, I knew that was coming. But the portrayal of it went too far.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: Who else can't wait for the Walking Dead? SPOILERS
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2016, 10:14:12 AM »
I'm only somewhere in season 4 right now (just arriving at Terminus), but I have some serious questions about this show.

Why are the zombies always so wet?  It's a dead thing.  In dead things, blood will pool in the lowest part of the body - certainly not in the head!  So a head-shot zombie wouldn't be fountaining blood and wet bits of brain everywhere.  It would more than likely be rotting bits of brain and skull shrapnel.

Why is zombie blood so wet?  It's dead.  It should be clotted at the very least, congealed at the most, and would probably drip out like the last bit of jelly in a jar.  I mean, I guess it could be so rotted that it liquefies again, but it still wouldn't be in the head of an upright shambling zombie. 

Shouldn't these dead zombies be literally rotting to pieces?  Not just when someone touches them and the skin sloughs off, but like, actively falling apart.  It's been a year.  In the deep south where there is humidity.  Bodies turn to liquid pretty fast down there.  And we've seen maggots on and in zombie bodies, so it isn't a case of flies choosing not to lay their eggs on walkers. 

Are these questions answered later in the series?

All of these things "i assume" are just to provide the most "shocking" visual affect, because they never really change to represent realistic rotting.

Theyre wet and bloody because I guess its more shock factor. This show is ALL about the splattering and hacking of guts.

as far as the rotting away... IV had the same question to and it bugs me SOOO much... Like the show is so random about this, because they HAVE showed suuuper decayed zombies walking around, there was even one that was still "alive" so to speak, but was stuck to the ground because moss and roots had taken over its body and stuck it down. And we all remember "well zombie" whos body was a clear side affect of its situation. It seems like they only really think about that kinda stuff when they want to point something out? Otherwise its just the common, semi rotted bodies wandering the earth. 

Technically, when zombies were first infected, yeah there would be a lot of them, because it spread fast, and people turn fast, that makes sense.. But if you think about it, since their bodies are still very obviously decaying, the majority of them should have just fallen apart by now, and then there really wouldn't be the same huge numbers of zombs. Yeah new people would still turn so they would still be a problem... but you certainly wouldn't run into... say a building with hundreds of zombies locked in from the beginning of the outbreak, still perfectly intact yet rotting, and able to chase you down. xD Its something iv had to just look past...

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2016, 11:30:02 AM »
ANOTHER question, if Michonne's method of keeping disabled zombies around for protection from other zombies works so well, why aren't all the survivors leading around a few dozen of them??  Like, ring your settlement with them every few yards!  Tow some behind your cars!  Attach them to plows!  Use them as pack mules! 

Why does everyone leave so many zombies alive?!  I don't care if it's caught in a fence, every alive zombie is a zombie capable of biting someone! 

As if you couldn't smell a rotting zombie from a mile away without having to sneak around in buildings to see if there are any hiding in there, and yet every episode OMG there's one hiding in the closet! 

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2016, 11:43:26 AM »
I think the main reason most people dont keep zombie pets, is because its a slow means of travel, the only reason Michonnes pets worked for her was because she was willing to walk through a crowd of zombies at their pace and not draw attention to herself. They seem to notice when something is running or being loud or not smelling dead, which they then flock to. Ringing them around a settlement wouldn't work because that many people are bound to make noise to catch the attention of others.

Leaving out of the way or stuck zombies alive, i am going to chalk that up to being similar to a "long day at work" you know you have to do those dishes, but they'll still be there tomorrow and you've had enough of everything for today. xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal