collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you use Facebook?

Yes, more than any other site
86 (23.6%)
Yes, I keep in touch with my friends there
101 (27.7%)
Yes, I check it now and then, but not regularly
79 (21.6%)
I used to, but I deleted my account
10 (2.7%)
No, but I use another social networking site regularly
41 (11.2%)
No, I don't use any social networking sites
48 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 310

Author Topic: Do you Facebook?  (Read 4247 times)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Do you Facebook?
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2016, 09:21:58 AM »
I do, I check it out before bed time.  Mostly just to see pics of my friends and cute animal pictures.  I unfollow any drama.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2016, 09:38:53 AM »
I've been on it since October 2004, so 12 years!  :blush:   I didn't even think it was that long, haha.  When I first joined it was still only for college students (some days I wish it was still only college students/alumni) :P

I use it to keep in touch with friends/family who I don't see often, mostly.  I do like looking at the funny things some people post.  Mostly what I post is photos of our dog, LOL. 

Oh, and I have a facebook page for my art! So that works out well :)

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2016, 10:53:43 AM »
I have been since 2009 with pressure of other friends (in high school) :P Nowdays I hardly ever post there just checking and stalking (LOL) friends and family. I use instagram (late in thatboom too. Created it last year) sometimes I share insta pic in FB but I am not really regular user with that either. Not gonna use snap chat Idon't get the idea. Twitter in Finland is really minor thing. I guess that is the social media I use :P

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2016, 03:44:30 PM »
I made one back in 2003 back when it was college kid access only!

I remember what a pain it was where you had to have a legit college approved email and network stuff it was kind of neat then. Then they opened it to the public and I did not care for it. I had an ex that would stalk me via friends. I never added them but my friends did so they would look through other people's pages that had me tagged in images and then figure out where we were in pictures and go to those places and wait for me.

Like each christmas I would meet up with some girl scout pals at a mexican restaraunt back in our home town and someone would snap a picture and post it to facebook. My ex caught on and started going to that mexican restaurant around christmas looking for me.

Or my ex would ID my vehicle from my friends pictures and try to find me that way too, or show up to my work ect. It was all very unnerving and since they were not a 'friend' of mine there was nothing I could do. Many of you that have met me at pony fairs, meets, shows, ect know that I'm usually really nervous about pictures and that would be why. I deleted my facebook in 2008 (which as ringwraith said it damn near impossible!!) and never looked back. I still get nervous about pictures that go up on facebook but since I don't have one that people can 'tag' images of me in i'm just another face.

It is nice not having one as I am super reclusive and don't care to talk to almost anyone from my past, I do get bummed when i hear about sales and giveaways and such that happen via facebook that I'm not a part of but eh!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2016, 07:55:25 AM »
Yep ^^ Although I don't post really much

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2016, 01:46:33 PM »
Yes, I do FB and IG as my main social networking sites.  I have lots of friends in various locations, so it's a great way to keep in contact!  My family isn't big into social media, so I still need to call them.  But that's nice too.

I don't like Twitter, and Snapchat feels awkward, so I don't use those.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2016, 11:48:54 AM »
no I don't. I never had an account, and for a long time I did not want to either. recently I sometimes play with the thought of registering, but I never get there, probably because most of the pages I frequent there (of musicians and small restaurants, the latter for the weekly menu :) ) can also be accessed without logging in.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2016, 01:51:52 PM »
I used to use Facebook but it just felt like a drain on my wellbeing (too much "If you don't put this on your timeline you are a monster" type nonsense), so I deleted my account. Instagram is a lot of fun, though. :)

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2016, 10:03:43 PM »
Since getting my tablet my computer time is less so Facebook has been a go to for my hobbies.I have several groups I'm in for MLP and the like. I miss the Arena but it is easier to use Tapatalk than the Internet browser on my tablet. I also use Instagram for sharing my collecting joys...
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

BryteStar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2016, 03:16:41 PM »
I do NOT like facebook...I think it's very hard to use and not user friendly, plus it's just a bunch of recycled content from other sites like tumblr and that annoys the heck out of me.
But I referee for my campus Quidditch team...and the team chat is on Facebook.  :yucky: So I have to check it fairly regularly to make sure I know what's goin' on.

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2016, 04:57:58 AM »
After years of nagging from friends and family I finally gave up and signed up for a Facebook account.
I try to check in daily but all buttons and stuff still confuses me :blink:
It feels like I mostly use it to giggle at cute videos :blush:

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal