collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you use Facebook?

Yes, more than any other site
86 (23.6%)
Yes, I keep in touch with my friends there
101 (27.7%)
Yes, I check it now and then, but not regularly
79 (21.6%)
I used to, but I deleted my account
10 (2.7%)
No, but I use another social networking site regularly
41 (11.2%)
No, I don't use any social networking sites
48 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 310

Author Topic: Do you Facebook?  (Read 4237 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Do you Facebook?
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2016, 05:32:15 AM »
Yep :relaxed: I'm not addicted to it and I don't post loads of stuff about me on my *own* timeline thingy but I do like FB  and I use it to keep in touch with friends around the world (I only have 1 family member on there :P ) , news about friends and also about stuff I'm interested in (like Disney and  EAH etc) , and support groups for my health issue (I'm an admin on one of those) . I also admit to liking watching cute and funny kitty/animal videos on there when I have the time XD :whistle:
I avoid drama on there though. got no time for that :awake:
I have a twitter account or 2 but I think I've only posted about twice in years . I don't bother with other social media sites TBH
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2016, 07:00:51 AM »
I'm a facebook addict. I'll admit it. lol. I keep in touch with family, and am active in a number of groups for my various interests.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2016, 07:48:25 AM »
I didn't have facebook up until a year ago when I finally caved in. With all free time I have during the days I'm on there way too much. Not posting much, but reading the Dodo, which I could do on their website, but so much more fun finding the articles on fb apparently. :nuts:

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2016, 10:02:56 AM »
I do. I'd love to quit but there are so many people on there I'd otherwise lose contact with.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2016, 11:08:06 AM »
Yes, but I have certain rules regarding it. I actually hate social media and the way it makes people feel the need to check it every ten seconds in case there's been a change. If you have time to record everything on FB you are probably not living your life enough, but narrating the story of it to everyone else instead...

But thanks to work and uni I have friends in a lot of distant places. Especially since I did my MA, as some of the people I used to live with and consider good friends are on the other side of the world now. I find it useful to keep in touch with people I know or knew in a previous point of my life and it is convenient for that.

Nobody gets on my facebook if I don't know them in real life. My sister and I also have an agreement that we don't have each other on our FB profiles. If we have stuff to say to each other, we arrange to meet up by email and talk face to face ;) My parents don't use it, so.

It has its purpose and it is fine for that purpose, but the way people obsess over it makes me want to pull away from it.

Some of my friends are also quite politically vocal or opinionated in particular issues and they use their FB for that purpose, which is fine, but I find it safer to tread neutral ground where I have friends on two sides of a particular debate (as I do frequently, as it's a common side effect of going to such a globally political university!)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 11:09:44 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2016, 09:31:33 PM »
Yes. I keep up with my friends I dont see in the real life alot. :)

Thank you :heart:

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2016, 12:42:35 AM »
I've had my FB account for over 10 years now and ever since Instagram, I've spent less and less time on there. I have it as my start page on Safari and I do a bit of lurking, liking a few photos and comments, but mostly go online to keep up with the Swedish My Little Pony group I'm a member of. Other than that, I mostly spend time on Instagram and here. ^.^

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2016, 04:32:33 PM »
FB all the way, for friends and photos and art work. Also great for my horse clients too. :P

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2016, 06:20:29 PM »
Thats how I stayed in contact with my family while I was in China.
I also have Wechat but I dont think its used outside of China. Its pretty useless for me as everything is in Chinese but its the only way to stay connected to my friends in China since facebook is actually blocked there, unless you pay for a vpn.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline PetSounds

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2016, 11:13:32 PM »
Part of why I am back here more actively in the past two weeks is because of so much drama - real life drama, but drama that ends up on Facebook. I'm a "public figure" in the sense that I have all of the liabilities of being a public figure, aka, no privacy at all basically, and none of the benefits like the sweet, sweet cash flow yet. I have to be so careful. Almost all my social media is exclusively for my career and of the people who "friend" me, many of them are actually just loose "fans" (I use that word in a very loose sense) and they might come to see my work or shows but they don't know me *at all.* So I can't just get on there and post about MY ACTUAL LIFE. It is so weird.

A few years ago I got added to a  secret group full of amazing people. IT changed my life. I became really close friends w many of these people, most of them women,and they're all over the county and the world. IT was so great to get to know all these people and now I can keep in touch with them through FB. it's just such a different internet world than it used to be.

My first experience w the internet was w AOL and anonymous chat rooms. Of course, there were definitely some problems and some safely issues!!! but it wasn't like it is now. A friend who currently works for a newspaper is required to make all her social media public and she is not allowed to post any opinions about the current election or any other politics. None! She makes good money but it is a big ask to tell someone "hey, you can't share any of your thoughts on your own personal page" ... in my opinion.

I despise FB's code of "ethics," I hate that they experimented on users to see if they could make us feel happy or sad by showing us different things in our feed. I hate seeing ads all over my feed. But. I love staying in touch with people. I have some amazing friends... one of my friends is in the midwest and she makes puppets and cool little figurines, other friends are artists and dancers and I get to see photos from their shows... it is really interesting. However right now I'm going through a time in my career where I feel unsure, insecure, and generally very down on myself. and it is frustrating that even on the space I've carved out for myself... I can't really be myself.

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times..."   - Pet Sounds

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2016, 01:05:04 AM »
I used to be obsessed with FB, now I scroll through the first two posts on my newsfeed maybe once every 1-3 days unless someone messages me. It's still the easiest way to contact me, however. I'm more of an Instagram junkie!
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2016, 02:07:15 AM »
I have a Facebook account, which I originally got just so I could follow some celebrities I liked. I used a fake name so I couldn't be found by people I'd rather not have contact with in my online life, but I do have a handful of online and offline friends of my choosing on my Friends list. I pretty much only use Facebook when it sends me a notification of an interesting post or when I need to post something to a group. Facebook usually irritates me and it takes up way too much memory on my old laptop. I prefer Livejournal, Tumblr, YouTube, and Blogger, but the former two are also memory hogs. (LJ, why don't you fix that stupid ad problem that you said months ago was a glitch.... UGH!)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2016, 09:03:09 AM »
I too used a name that was not my birth name back when you could use any name to sign up. I would sometimes complain on official toy brand pages and didn't want that tied to my real name if I was looking for a job. I didn't want potential employers to know I could be argumentative and collect toys. When I started college I ended up getting a second account with my real name since the clubs I was involved with would post updates and my friends all used the messenger to keep in touch. Unfortunately someone out there reported me for using a fake name so I lost my first account and since I lost most of my college friends and graduated I only really use the messenger to talk to my one real friend.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline SupernaturalSuperStarlet

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2016, 03:58:51 AM »
Nope, don't have it, likely never will.
thanks!:)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2016, 08:27:40 AM »
I do. I originally got it back in 08 to keep in touch with high school classmates as we all moved on to college, but eventually I started using it for family, friends, etc. I have family all over and we have a family group on there to post pictures and updates that only we can see, it's nice. Also, my high school graduating class is organizing our reunion on there which is pretty nifty. It's nice to have everything in one place. Plus FB is one of the only ways I can buy my Lularoe leggings from consultants, and I'm obsessed with those things. :lol:

Also, I'll admit, that the trending feature has helped me stay "in the know" with current events and news. I usually look those things up myself, and I still do, but it's actually nice to have it on a sidebar on Facebook. I don't believe in staying ignorant to what's going on in the world, so say what you will, but Facebook introducing a feature to give you what's trending as far as news goes is very helpful. I don't see anything wrong with another outlet to give you news.

I do play some games on there, but only like...two. Just some time-wasters whenever I'm not busy at work.

Oh, and Facebook was a big help during my recent cruise. We were gone for 5 days, and with no cell phone service on the ship, it was nice to have wifi and Facebook to message people. It kept me from being too worried about being away.
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal