collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you use Facebook?

Yes, more than any other site
86 (23.6%)
Yes, I keep in touch with my friends there
101 (27.7%)
Yes, I check it now and then, but not regularly
79 (21.6%)
I used to, but I deleted my account
10 (2.7%)
No, but I use another social networking site regularly
41 (11.2%)
No, I don't use any social networking sites
48 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 310

Author Topic: Do you Facebook?  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you Facebook?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 08:29:57 PM »
I'm a social media manager, so I'm on Facebook all day, but not for myself.  I do have to check it regularly when I'm not working for messages for clients.  I don't post too much to my own Facebook.  It is a good way to find old friends that you have lost touch with.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Mainsail

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 10:06:37 PM »
I used to go on it a lot, but lately I haven't had much interest in being on it as much. I'll check stuff, but that's about it. :P

My MLP Tumblr

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 12:19:37 AM »
I'm one of the weird early 20-somethings that doesn't use social networking. I have an LJ, but I don't know if that really counts. And I made a Tumblr just to browse images because being logged in makes stuff sort of easier to look at??

Frankly, I feel totally lost when it comes to Twitter and Tumblr and Instagram. I look at them like "What are these sites and what do I do with them??" I feel like if I COULD come to understand one of them, it'd probably be Instagram. Tumblr and Twitter just blow my mind through confusion.

I once joined Facebook(under fake info, of course) for a total of 5 minutes to just try it out...I deleted it within that 5 minutes and never cared to go back lol. I just prefer forum-style sites for whatever reason.

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 12:40:44 AM »
I use it less now, but there was a time when I was all day long there, playing with the online games there were, now I just look what other do, like their pictures or their updates, but i don't publish that much now. It bores me a bit. I prefer others like instagram.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 01:19:35 AM »
I use it for talking to friends, but haven't put anything on my page for a long time

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 05:45:01 AM »
I check it daily and share interesting articles and videos quite often but rarely post any status updates myself. I like the groups and I also use FB to keep in touch with friends and family. I love reading my friends' thoughts and updates, and sometimes I feel like I should also "give something back" instead of lurking, but writing about my life never came naturally to me even when limiting my updates to friends only. Discussion forums have always been my preferred way of online networking. :)

I have a Twitter account but I only use it for work-related stuff. I swore I'd never join Twitter but I had to give in and admit it's really handy for my work as a researcher. Following people is what we do! :P

I also still have my old LJ account but I have pretty much abandoned the place. Keeping a journal was never really my thing although I tried it as a teenager. I then tried to repurpose my LJ and use it to blog about my crafts projects but I had so many other sites I would post my art to (the Arena, DA, some other forums, my own MLP custom website, Facebook, etc.) so that I often just forgot to post any new journal entries. That said, these days I don't really have much time for said crafts projects anyway.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 07:26:02 AM »
I really started using Facebook when I was first living in a flatshare and wanted to stay in touch with the people who moved out. Which is just as well because now, more than six years later, the people I used to live with are spread out across four continents! If it weren't for Facebook, I'd never know what they were up to these days, and that would be a shame. I think Facebook is great for that sort of low-level keeping in touch.

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2016, 07:28:30 AM »
Halp, I might be too addicted ^^; :work:
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 08:19:56 AM »
I'm the most lamest youngster ever....I don't do any social media. Too much drama and it only leads to trouble :/ my life is filled with enough drama, I don't need it from any social media  :pout:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 10:26:13 AM »
Nope!

I don't touch social media with a 10 foot pole.

Ive seen the results from my mom and sister.  I just want no part of it.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2016, 12:28:26 PM »
I use Facebook regularly, but don't really fit into any of those categories. I don't tend to actually talk to other people, as - pretty much in general - I let others decide if they want to talk to me, instead of bothering them, because I know from past experience that I'm annoying and I don't want to annoy people. =(

With that said, I like to at least see what other people are doing. I've been out of high school for coming up on ten years now. I'm in my third college, and recently quit a long time job. There are *a lot* of people I don't see anymore.

A fair number of them just post memes/images with sayings all of the time. Oh well.

|My Collection|

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2016, 12:38:42 PM »
I use facebook almost daily.  I keep in touch with many extended family members and friends.  I also share a lot of pictures and memes and political stuff.  I have lost "friends" over some of my posts, but that doesn't bother me.  I mostly enjoy sharing pictures and seeing other people's photos. Sometimes I see things that kind of depress me, people doing things I wish I could be doing, but can't because of  my Lupus.  However the positives outweigh the negatives.  I enjoy reconnecting with old friends too. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2016, 01:29:38 PM »
Nope!

I don't touch social media with a 10 foot pole.

Ive seen the results from my mom and sister.  I just want no part of it.

This!!! Too much drama :faint: I also know it would be a time sink and I don't want to get drawn into looking at other people's lives, when I should be getting on with my own.

I do have a Facebook page for my crafts and pony customs though ^.^

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2016, 05:26:18 PM »
I check it regularly, but mostly just reading other posts/pics/etc. I share funny ones, more than I ever do actual status updates. I also manage a page for my Etsy store.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2016, 07:19:58 PM »
Special Education Teacher here. If I have a FB orr any other social site, I lose my job. So no, I do not use social networking. At all.

Also, my husband works in skip tracing. One of his best resources for locating people is social networking b/c NOTHING is safe, hidden, or protected online.
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal