collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: saturday fakie finds  (Read 560 times)

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
saturday fakie finds
« on: October 15, 2016, 05:15:41 PM »
went to value village again today, despite the rain and 50mph winds  :cold:
I also went to the salvtion armies but found ZIP in all three of them.

I was very startled by value village's selection, it was almost ENTIRELY fakies! i found several bags, some with walgreens fakies, some with just really strange looking girls...I only grabbed one bag because i noticed a real g3 in the mix, so i bought that. as much as i love fakies, i'm not trying to spend 20$ on ponies not worth it.
Here's what i found:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

as you can see, i managed to grab a sand dollar. She's pretty scuffed up, but nothing unfixable. her hair is Very frazzled however, i'm afraid i'll have to rehair her. There's just no saving that tinsel.
Spoiler

then i got these weird g3/g3.5 fakies. The g3 one is pretty cute, she's going to make a nice custom some day, once i get rid of that yucky green cutie mark and face mark. She still has glitter on her wings, which is awesome, but her hair is even worse condition than sanddollars. She's quite convincing looking- she looks like a stolen g3 pegasus mold!

The g3.5 is really quite silly looking, i mean, even for a g3.5. Her tail is in the completely wrong place!! and her cutie mark is just..abstract shapes? I noticed her on The Fakie Guide as a "Lovely Horse", and she came with legos in her box. However when i ripped out her tail, i noticed that it was indeed a whole hank, instead of a rooted one like the pink girl. even if her tail hole was way off..
Spoiler

aside from that i got two g4s, a mcdonalds starlight glimmer, and a weird twilight play-doh stamp. I was a little shocked i got 5 different ponies all in one bag for under 10 dollars. even if most of them are fakies.
Spoiler

like my last finds, if you're interested in any of these girls, let me know! I'd love to trade.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: saturday fakie finds
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 05:37:40 PM »
Nice find! Those are actually pretty decent looking fakies! And the G3 pony is actually really cute, iv never seen that one before!
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

cannibalism

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 08:36:28 PM »
thank you! and yes, i am liking her more too. she has some weird orange markings on her sides that wont come off, its only slightly a different color than her skin, im thinking it might be regrind. We'll see how it does against the acetone though.

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 05:21:14 AM »
That G3.5's wings look so funny! She wouldn't be able to get very far on them if she wanted to fly...
Sand Dollar looks cute.

cannibalism

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 11:25:37 AM »
I know!!  they are positively tiny. they are also weirdly close together? I noticed that the wings are actually one U-shaped thing they shrunk and stuck on a g3 mold.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 01:34:31 PM »
I was going to say the same thing as True, those fakies look pretty darned good. Congrats on your finds :D

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 01:46:54 PM »
What a cute bunch! Man I wish my thrift stores were this cool!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

cannibalism

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 03:37:29 PM »
What a cute bunch! Man I wish my thrift stores were this cool!

i was quite surprised with the finds at this thrift store up here! I'm from california, where i know that thrifting is like, a hobby. So ponies go quick. but this store...It's about the size of a ross? or a small department store? the whole back wall is JUST toys.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal