collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Completely random anime movie rec!  (Read 474 times)

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Completely random anime movie rec!
« on: October 14, 2016, 08:35:40 PM »
LOL...

So I just happened to see "Kimi no na wa..."  (Probably will be translated as "What's your name?")

If you haven't seen it, and you like anime, then you NEED to see it. It's the kind of movie that makes the viewers give heartfelt thanks to the movie's creators for putting such an amazing story into the world for everyone to see.

Five stars, people. FIVE STARS.

Anyway, what's your rec for the best anime thing you've seen lately?  ^.^

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Completely random anime movie rec!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 11:19:16 PM »
i watched doukyuusei recently, it was really really good! very touching, almost made me cry. Very short too, worth the watch.

Offline Thimble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 05:03:22 PM »
I'll have to give that one a try.  I haven't been watching much lately, but this season's anime has some cute stuff, and I'm a sucker for pretty animation, lol.
 'Kimi no na wa'  is absolutely my new favorite anime movie. I didn't think anything could ever knock Spirited Away out of the top slot, but it did. I felt a need to rant and rave about it, haha.

The music is really good, and they use it to tell part of the story, kind of like a musical narrator, but without being so obvious. The animation is flat out *gorgeous*, too.  And partway through the movie, the whole plot takes wild swerve, and suddenly you're watching an entirely different genre! It's amazing. I was strangling my throw pillow and shouting at the characters by the end scene, LOL.

Definitely the best animated movie I've seen in ages. :biggrin:.

Thanks for rec! I'ma go hunt that down now...

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 08:12:55 PM »
Oh, cool! I'll have to check that one out when I can. I looked it up and apparently it's by Makoto Shinkai? I have *lots* of anime movies I'd recommend, but probably the most recent one would be The Boy and the Beast (Mamoru Hosoda's latest, I *think*). Such a weird concept -- a lonely boy getting raised and taught martial arts by a humanoid bear -- but it works so well. That's kind of the story of most anime -- weird but somehow awesome. I think it works because they focus on fleshed-out characters and their story arcs more than anything else. I just got Millennium Actress tonight for my birthday, so I'll have to let you guys know how that is!  ^.^

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 11:38:57 PM »
I just watched School Living! (Yes, the ! is part of the title, lol.)  You can find it on KissAnime:

http://www.kiss-anime.me/Anime/gakkou-gurashi

I don't want to give too many spoilers, so I will just say be sure to watch through the ENTIRETY of the first episode before judging it;  life in the school is not as simple as it seems.  It's really, really good.  It's also only 12 episodes, so it's nice for binge watching. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Thimble

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 10:02:00 AM »
LM!! HI!  :biggrin: Long time no see.

And school living! OMG. The weirdness! The jokes! The cliffhangers! The horrible, heartfelt sobbing!  That show is awesome.
I watched it while it was still being released, and so every week I was at the computer, refreshing the page, waiting for to it update, lol.
(I normally hate that genre, but the first ep is such a good hook that I had to watch the rest...It really, really isn't what it looks like at first, is it?  ;))

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 10:10:31 AM »
I haven't seen anything in a bit..last thing was Crystal.

Spirited away comes to mind when you talk about a 5 star rating though :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal