collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo! Chat Thread!  (Read 4560 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo! Chat Thread!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 10:30:23 AM »
I'm going to be writing a children's novel about a baby orca who helps a team of humans rescue other sea creatures in trouble. XD I love writing kids books. I'm so excited to get started, it's hard to hold back and wait til Nov 1st!

I was thinking we could have a 'midnight party' here in this thread on Oct 31. I know midnight is different for different people on this forum, but I thought we could chat and post about stuff while we wait for midnight, and then when midnight hits we can start writing until we crash from our sugar buzz! XD :D

I have a couple of pony ideas for this month that I've had rattling around for a while.  One is Wind Whistler, Fizzy, Shady, and Gusty go on an adventure immediately following the events of "Mish Mash Melee" and the other is Megan becomes the apprentice of the Weather Witch.  Though, I don't know if they're only 50k word stories.

This sounds sooo much fun, Al! Mish Mash Melee is my favorite episode of the old show. And don't worry if your story is longer than 50k. You don't have to stop right at the end of November, you can keep writing afterward for as long as it take you to finish your story. :)

Taxel - 25k is a good goal, as well! Especially for a photo journal. I am pretty sure you can go into your settings on the NaNo website and alter the goal so that your little word count ticker reflects a 25k goal instead of a 50k one. :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 04:56:42 PM »
I did this two years ago and LOVED it!  Last year I was going to go for it again, but my laptop died on me in late October and spent well over a month at the factory for repairs  :pout: so I couldn't do it since I only had a borrowed computer available sporadically.  I may try this year, but honestly I have sooo much reading this semester and my Japanese class has gotten harder and requires more work than last year, so I'm not sure if I can pull it off.  I'm considering taking a crack at it and seeing how it goes, but I'm a bit on the fence over it, especially since I don't have an idea I'm particularly fired up over right now.  I may go with what I wanted to do last year, but I've kind of lost interest in that idea for now.  I also know that once I start I'll have a hard time backing off even if it ends up being too much for me this year.  Hmmmmm 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

theamazingfetus

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 05:42:33 PM »
Tomorrow night I am going to a write in at the local B&N. I am so socially awkward I really hope I don't mess this up! Wish me luck!!!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 02:35:25 PM »
I'm participating this year! It will be the first time I'm actually working on my own story and characters rather than a fanfic. I'm already about halfway with the first draft (I've had to keep stopping constantly, because one of my characters can't make up her mind on what exactly she wants out of her story arc and her back story / personality keeps switching around, whilst everyone else has settled perfectly).

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 03:23:38 PM »
I'll probably participate this year.  I've got several story starts that need fleshing out.  It just depends on whether or not my muse lets me work on them.  Stupid writer's block...

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 03:25:32 PM »
Count me in! i'm ladybastilla over there as well. :) Here's my blurb:

Once bitten, twice shy.

Roselba Torez seems to have it all: brains, beauty and suitors begging for her hand. Yet she dreams of adventures beyond the castle walls. Of journeys with her father that came to an abrupt end after her disastrous first meeting with her Intended.

Five years ago Naga Prince Lorcan Alcardo was placed under a powerful curse. By day he is a man; by night a snake. He is trapped between worlds, unable to reclaim his natural form.

When Roselba flees the castle and is saved from slave traders by Lorcan, the two begin a perilous journey to regain Lorcan's true form. Some girls have to kiss a few frogs to find their prince. Roselba needs to kiss a snake--if she can forgive him for biting her the first time they met.

Very excited to get going on this. It's a WIP, but I haven't touched it in a couple years and it's been bugging me to get back to it. Hopefully I can reach 'the end' by the end of November. :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2016, 12:56:49 PM »
Hey hey everybody! Tonight's the night! Well, it is for us insomniacs. ;) Anyone else planning on staying up til midnight and getting a start on your NaNo when the clock strikes 12:01?

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2016, 01:46:27 PM »
Hey hey everybody! Tonight's the night! Well, it is for us insomniacs. ;) Anyone else planning on staying up til midnight and getting a start on your NaNo when the clock strikes 12:01?

Sadly, no...but only because I have to be to work at 8am.  However the library I work at is hosting write-ins every Wednesday so I'll get to do those as soon as I get off work.  :)

theamazingfetus

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2016, 04:09:21 PM »
I'm going to bed early..... but I guess that means more time to write when I wake up. :D

Looking forward to going to a writein tomorrow. my local group of writers is so nice and I was sooo nervous at the first metting and kick off but I had a lot of fun so I'm going into this whole thing with a lot of excitement

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2016, 05:16:46 PM »
I think I have my basic synopsis ready.  I'm going with the direct sequel of Mish Mash Melee.  It's also a sequel to Through the Door as a legend wants out permanently and believes there is a way to do it.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2016, 06:51:49 PM »
I'm ready to get going. I'll start tonight or in the morning based on how I'm feeling. I'm looking forward to jumping into the story I plan to work on this month.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2016, 08:03:56 AM »
Soooo I sat down in front of my laptop, blank document open, ready to write at 12:01... and fell asleep in front of my computer until morning. XD Oops.

I'm up to 35 words so far!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2016, 02:11:35 PM »
Ugh...I work at a library and since we have a room reserved for Nanowrimo on Wednesdays the local paper wants to do a story on it.  One of the librarians told them I was participating so they interviewed me (which I didn't want to do) and now they want to take my picture tomorrow. :wail:  I write so I don't have to talk to people or have my picture taken.  That librarian is on the doo-doo list. :rant:

theamazingfetus

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2016, 03:34:50 PM »
5.6k done so far!!!! If anyone from the arena is on the nano website, my userhandle there is vimerveilles, and it would awesome if you added me to your buddy list. :3

edit: for this milestone, I have treated myself with a pony!!! :D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:53:51 PM by theamazingfetus »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2016, 06:41:15 AM »
I'll add you, amazing! I'm Ryuukokoro :) I want a bigger buddy list, so please anyone feel free to add me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal