collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Orphan Train Adventures by Joan Lowery Nixon  (Read 261 times)

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
The Orphan Train Adventures by Joan Lowery Nixon
« on: October 09, 2016, 11:01:46 AM »
I read this book series in Swedish as a 12-year-old and recently re-read all four original parts in English. The series centers around the six Kelly siblings in 1860-something that gets sent out west from poverty in New York City by their widowed mother and in four books we learn what happenes to them after they're placed in their new foster families. Apart from the amazing writing, the series is actually based on true events since these Orphan Trains really did exist back then. After the first four books, three additional about some of the Kelly siblings were released some years later (most likely due to popular demand?) and then after that additional three books that centered around characters introduced in the seventh book about the Kelley siblings.

Anyways, I digress as usual. What I'm wondering is if anybody here have read any of these books? I know they're techinially for pre-teens/teens but I honestly don't care, I'm addicted to them. Right now I'm reading the first out of the three last books in e-format on my iPad because that's the only format they're available in here in Sweden. Which brings me to my second wondering; does anybody know where I can buy these books in paperback format? I own book 1-4, so the ones I want to buy is book 5-10 if possible. I've personally looked on Amazon and eBay but can't find them all.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: The Orphan Train Adventures by Joan Lowery Nixon
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 07:48:51 AM »
Yes, I have read them.  :)  I love children's literature from this time period!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal