collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay selling account permanently stopped + feeling pretty sad right now...  (Read 4290 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: eBay selling account permanently stopped + feeling pretty sad right now...
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 08:25:49 AM »
I'm so sorry Sarah, you're one of the best sellers out there.  :(

Here, have a kitten to snuggle.  It's all I got. 

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 01:26:01 PM »
That sucks! :(

Can you open a new ebay account with a new email address? It would suck to start over but it seems like you really want to sell on ebay for the convenience, so starting over might be better than giving up!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 01:47:32 PM »
That sucks! :(

Can you open a new ebay account with a new email address? It would suck to start over but it seems like you really want to sell on ebay for the convenience, so starting over might be better than giving up!

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe if she has a significant other she can open an account under their name?  I know I used to use my dad's account before I opened my own.

Also there are definitely other places to sell.  Like etsy, facebook, instagram.

Offline marblecheshire

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 06:23:08 PM »
I think I am done trying to sell on eBay. It is apparent the company cares more about buyers than sellers. Way too many cases of sellers losing money from bad buyers and now this.  Plus I think it is ridiculous that buyers cannot receive negative feedback but a good seller can receive one very easily.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 02:50:26 AM »
Reading some of these stories about good sellers getting screwed is really angering me. If you have proof you were in the hospital.....medical records, etc, why do they not take this into account? Are a bunch of heartless turds running the show? I think you need to call them back and demand someone higher up in the company.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Miss_Pompon

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2016, 03:00:36 AM »
I'm verry sorry for you Sarah, you're such a great seller  :hug:

Even when you were sick, your services were better than a lot of other sellers, got my last purchase, with what maybe 1 week of delay, nothing really !

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Made by LordBlumiere, thank you so much

My Want List

Offline Storybelle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2016, 05:24:18 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that. I bought five con/fair ponies from you recently and aside from a slight delay in communication you were professional, quick to ship and the ponies are wonderful.  :lovey:

I have to agree with everyone else, Ebay has some messed up priorities.  :huh:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2016, 11:57:03 AM »
Definitely write to someone higher up or demand to talk to someone. You have a medical paper trail and you can prove the reasons for your problems and your will to resolve them. Plus a ton of your buyers are here vouching for you and getting annoyed on your behalf, which shows the trust you have in this community.

But I think that Ebay is becoming too big to be helpful for people selling collectable stuff now. I genuinely don't mind buying stuff from it, still, but I really don't want to sell there. The fees, the problems with the cost of tracked postage/risk of charge backs/people changing their mind/just not paying put me off. I've been a member of ebay since 1998 but I just get worried about selling stuff now, especially since I have limited time at home to package and ship items and if someone doesn't pay on-time that means imposing on my family to take on the burden for me.

I think there are a lot of other places you can sell and here is of course one of those. Ebay has changed a lot of rules over the years which disadvantage sellers and don't protect them very well. It may well be time to bow out for many of us in the second hand toy field.

And on a personal note, I bought Greek Medley from you during the time period you were having issues and you were polite, professional and you communicated delays in posting to me so I knew what the situation was. Good buyers do not mind delays in receiving their item unless it's bought for a specific date, so long as they know the situation and have contact with their seller. Ebay's time scales do not always take into account real life, and to be honest, it might be less stressful for you in the long run not using them.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 11:58:57 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2016, 01:52:56 PM »
I don't think eBay even wants collectibles sellers anymore.  They want to be like Amazon, with sellers who sell brand new items that can currently be found in stores.  The thing is, the whole reason eBay became popular to begin with is because they WEREN'T Amazon, they were a crazy garage sale full of niche items.

I'm really sorry this happened to you, Sarah.  :(  It's unfair.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2016, 02:59:02 PM »
Sarah Bee I am so sorry that this has happened.  I have really enjoyed your sales for several years and all the work that you have put in.  I have been able to make some quite important purchases from you and some more minor ones that I'm still very fond of, like my NM US Tootsie  :biggrin:

I had a terrible time the last time I sold a batch of stuff on Ebay - it's not the same place any more! I decided it wasn't worth it for my stress levels.  I have two boxes of collectible toys still to sell, I'm tempted to just job lot them and hope I get a decent buyer.

Just a tip because I know a lot of people will be reading this - I had the most problems with unfair ratings and negatives through selling clothes, so if you want to keep seller account looking good for selling ponies I would recommend only selling ponies and not wasting time with clothes because these sales may be a lot more likely to impact negatively on your ratings.

Ah what a shame. :cloud:

Post Merge: October 11, 2016, 03:00:02 PM

I don't think eBay even wants collectibles sellers anymore.  They want to be like Amazon, with sellers who sell brand new items that can currently be found in stores.  The thing is, the whole reason eBay became popular to begin with is because they WEREN'T Amazon, they were a crazy garage sale full of niche items.

Could be true! Such a
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2016, 11:08:30 PM »

In the emails they send they look exactly like that. Too bad for them since they sell stuff more expensive than Amazon, so they don't stand a chance for now. If I ever got to buy things on eBay for the first time, it was because they sold things I couldn't find anywhere else, collectors and vintage. If they would have sold them on Amazon I would never have been to eBay. So if that's what they want, I guess they will be all wrong.
For me eBay is just for buying since for selling it never works.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2016, 10:39:38 AM »
I'm sorry it took me a while to get back to this thread; I've been working on PonyCon prep as well as having the sads after this eBay nonsense.

I can't thank you enough for your kind words and general loveliness.

I love this community. You're all simply amazing and I thank  you from the bottom of my heart :heart:

Sarah xxx :heart:

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2016, 04:09:54 PM »
I'm sorry it took me a while to get back to this thread; I've been working on PonyCon prep as well as having the sads after this eBay nonsense.

I love this community. You're all simply amazing and I thank  you from the bottom of my heart :heart:

Aww hun, such a shame, you were my best seller on my fave list.  Still if you are not selling on evilbay, I can buy more off you in person at Ponycon  :biggrin: I'll see you on Friday or Saturday I expect  :tackleglomp:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2016, 03:50:52 AM »

Aww hun, such a shame, you were my best seller on my fave list.  Still if you are not selling on evilbay, I can buy more off you in person at Ponycon  :biggrin: I'll see you on Friday or Saturday I expect  :tackleglomp:

Yes! That will be great to see you!! :biggrin:

I'll be opening an Etsy shop after PonyCon so there's always that too ;) I don't give up that easily hehe :hug:

xxxx

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2016, 04:09:51 AM »
That's good to read, never give up!
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal