collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay selling account permanently stopped + feeling pretty sad right now...  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
So, backstory is here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380674.0.html

I was just about getting myself back on track, save for two weeks of the flu (still in full swing) that I could have done without then eBay puts a permanent stop on my account for selling. I've been there 13 years and had a bad year and because of four complaints they've stopped it and won't amend their decision despite me being able to prove I was ill (quite seriously), having 100% feedback, high DSRs and having resolved all the complaints to the point where buyers were happy.

I'm literally gutted.

Now I'm looking through completed listings for ponies that will sell the best/easiest/for the highest price and I've come across many of my own listings that have sold and it's hit me about having to sell my collection. I just needed to say it somewhere, to some people who will get it.

I know I have other options, like selling here, Facebook, Etsy.... but eBay catches so many people and is just easy.... I'm literally devastated. 13 years down the pan for a few months of hardship.... it's unreal. I feel like just jacking it all in and giving up.

I just needed to tell someone and frankly I need a damn hug.

Sorry and thanks for reading

Sarah xxx

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Wow, that's terrible :/ there's alot of other ebay sellers with considerably more than 4 negative feedback scores and their account is still up and running... but you gotta keep in mind ebay had alot of relentless members on it and they wouldn't even care if you got in a plane crash ,they would still want their product!  :blink:

All joking aside, I send hugs your way :) and hopefully you'll be able to sell on other websites without major complications
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
I am so sorry! **hugs!** That is horrible of eBay to do that to you under the circumstances! Especially considering all the sellers they don't do anything about for the longest time! Most of them likely don't have as good of reasons as you do for what happened!

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Boo evilbay!
I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. -_-

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
That is unfair! :enraged: You're one of the most dependable Ebay sellers out there. Is there nothing you can do to change their minds? You've probably already thought through all your options, but is it possible that if you spoke to someone different, someone higher up if possible, you could get them to understand that you were ill? I still remember your kindness in getting UK Water Lily for me, and I'm sure many members here can attest to your excellent selling standards and awesomeness as a person. This makes me so upset.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
I'm so sorry and angry to read that.
Sending a big hug your way!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
If you've resolved all the problems, I just don't understand eBay's thought process on this. I have encountered harassment and stalking from eBay members and eBay hasn't done anything about them. All I can say is I'm appalled they would make this decision to a good and long-time member.

Don't give up. I'm sure things will look up soon.

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Well, that makes one think twice about ebay. I have bought plenty of ponies there, never a complaint, still, I tried several times to sell there and nothing... so maybe it's better that way.

In your case, I just can say to keep up, I have bought from you in the past and I had a real good time doing it, since you were always kind and with feedback. So, don't give up. And you can always sell things here. I know many people complain about that, but for now I have only found amazing sellers here too.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear this, it does sound like you are one of the decent sellers out there and of course it's easy for them to go after you and not some of the nasty sellers, probably just wanted to make an example of you.

Is there no way you can take it higher up?

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
So sorry to hear that, often good people are kicked/banned while others can go on with dishonest behaviour unharmed. It's just not fair. Hugging you :hug:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: eBay selling account permanently stopped + feeling pretty sad right now...
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 05:29:00 AM »
I am sorry this happened to you. I have a friend that went through the same thing sort of.  She was running a store.  She had a bunch of stuff up for sale at one point, had a heart attack and ended up in the hospital for a few weeks.  In the mean time her husband did nothing to ship out any of her items.  In one weeks time  she had so many complaints. Not only did she lose her seller account, but she lost her whole ebay account.  She had 100% positive feedback.  She had set some sniper bids on items for herself and didn't get to pay for them because of her hospitalization.  To this day she can't buy or sell or even participate in the ebay community.  It seems to be so random because, there are tons of people this needs to happen to that it never does happen to.  Then it is the people that have a good reason like illness or personal issues and bam they are unforgivable.  It is a shame and I feel badly for you.  My friend lives out of state and I could not help her at all with her stuff.  If I could have I would have to save her only source of income since she is disabled.  Ebay was all she could manage.  One heart attack later and it is all over.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 05:31:48 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 08:19:43 AM »
Man, eBay have got it really wrong -_- I'm so sorry for you, we all know you are honest and that you've had problems.

I don't understand eBay :huh: I see other sellers with lots of negative and neutrals still selling away?

Don't let eBay get you down, IMHO they've made a mistake stopping you from selling. They must have made good money from you with the amount you sell!!!

I would look into other venues for selling :) Don't let eBay make you give up.

Love pkw xxx

RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 08:39:49 AM »
I'm sorry. :(
This is odd. there's some doozies on eBay that should have been long ago banned, but they're still up and running. I really don't get it.

They also banned an account that had my strangest purchase ever back in 09'. the guy did NOTHING wrong either. he had the worlds most terrible USPS office. I really hope that the postal employees who allowed packages to pile up in the back and not dispatch out were punished.

Picked up 5 MOC's from a new seller. In October of 09'. Seemed like a nice guy, still learning the ropes, was willing to ship to Canada the way I preferred and polite and courteous when I requested special shipping instructions. he wasn't new to collectibles and already told me about having plenty of proper packing on hand, but was to ebay. Had a whole heap of things listed to start himself up building feedback before he got to his "best stuff". Anyway, he was willing to use cheap shipping USPS offered, but sturdy box packed, and padded so the MOC's don't get damaged. So instead of just bidding on the one I really wanted, I bid on them all.

So I ended up winning most or all of his MOC ponies. Paid, and he contacted me twice over the span of 2 months worried asking if I got my order. first I responded with"oh this is just being slow I think (customs explanation of stuff valued higher coming into my country), don't stress" it was only a couple weeks, and thought perhaps it was because customs wanted to charge me due to the contents value, I find those parcels get held up the longest.

he sounded worried, the next time he messaged me much later I told him that I believed he sent by how he handled this as a seller thus far, so they'll either show, or were lost but he didn't have anything to worry about. So when they didn't come, I didn't file, I didn't neg or leave any FB. I just let it go. It would have been my first MIA package ever, since starting buying/selling things shipped in the 90's. I believed he sent, since he was the one who initiated correspondence twice and I was the one who asked for cheap no tracking/insurance shipping so I wasn't about to take his money on top.

Checked his feedback a little while later, nearing Christmas. lots of negs for the same situation I was in, paid but no stuff arrived. Buyers thought the guy was lying about sending it. and then  later some had a couple with comments under saying that stuff arrived, sent when promised and the PO was terrible, not the seller. My package showed up at my door in MAY the next YEAR. A day or two before I caught a plan to move back west. Post office stamped it early Oct, the day exact say he said he sent it. Account long Naru'd by eBay, so I couldn't even contact him through there. :(. So a retired disabled man lost his ebay account because of the worst postal office in the US.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 09:35:37 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline poshmonsters

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • Broke Santa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 02:54:24 PM »
I'm so sorry this happened to you. :( It's terrible enough that you were that seriously ill, but for them to do that even with proof. It's just terrible. I hope things start to look up for you.

Always looking for G3 Minty merchandise
Always buying jumbo G3 plushes

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 07:53:48 AM »
*pony hugs*  UGH.  Bureaucrazy.  :( 

Best of luck with your sales here on the MLP Arena.  Everyone here knows you are a great seller.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal