collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are beanie baby bears still valuable?  (Read 3794 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Are beanie baby bears still valuable?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 08:54:31 AM »
My child is really rough on toys but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan does she love Beanie Babies!  They take a beating! 

She has about 10 different animals - I really only let her pick out the odd creature at the thrift store because her family members default to teddy bears and rabbits for nearly all stuffies. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 02:16:27 PM »
Welp...there goes my dream...  :cry: :lol: :lol: :P

Hey Ponyfan, which ones do you like? I have an orange tabby kitty if you're interested! I can hold her for you.

Thanks, Sweet_Stuff. I know I'm still looking for The End Bear and Blizzard the white tiger.

I did find The End Bear at Savers with another Beanie Baby but put the bag back at the last minute because it had dead bugs in the back with the Beanie Babies and I didn't want to bring bugs inside my house. :(

I was really in to Beanie Babies and bought the cases and tag protectors for them. Recently one of the tags tore off one of my bears but I figure they weren't meant to stay on the toy forever. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 07:58:16 PM »
I know I have Blizzard, but I'm keeping her since she was the first one I ever bought :)
Will be on the lookout for The End bear!
Any other bears?

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 12:26:45 PM »
Welp...there goes my dream...  :cry: :lol: :lol: :P

Hey Ponyfan, which ones do you like? I have an orange tabby kitty if you're interested! I can hold her for you.

Thanks, Sweet_Stuff. I know I'm still looking for The End Bear and Blizzard the white tiger.

I did find The End Bear at Savers with another Beanie Baby but put the bag back at the last minute because it had dead bugs in the back with the Beanie Babies and I didn't want to bring bugs inside my house. :(

I was really in to Beanie Babies and bought the cases and tag protectors for them. Recently one of the tags tore off one of my bears but I figure they weren't meant to stay on the toy forever. 

Ponyfan

I'm about 99% sure I have The End Bear packed up in my closet with all the others. They've been in plastic for years now, although whether or not it has a tag still is quite questionable.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 02:45:26 AM »
I sold a lot of 20 mip teenie beanies on eBay for $30 that I picked up at the goodwill outlet!  I also sold a beauty and the beast VHS for $45 so it does happen!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 06:24:40 AM »
Thanks Sweet-Stuff and duenia. :) The End was my most wanted Beanie Baby back when he was announced but I never could find him.  I'd probably be willing to take one without the tag. Some of the ones I kept in excellent condition (in cases and with tag protectors) the tags broke off anyway.

I can't remember who else I was looking for besides Blizzard and the The End. I'm sure there were others.
If anyone is interested I can take a quick pic of some of my Beanie Babies. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mainsail

• Trade Count: (+12)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 01:33:05 AM »
Yeah, most of them aren't worth much. :(

I do have two of the Zodiac dragons and I've thought about selling one of them.... :lookround:

My MLP Tumblr

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 10:24:16 AM »
I sold a lot of 20 mip teenie beanies on eBay for $30 that I picked up at the goodwill outlet!  I also sold a beauty and the beast VHS for $45 so it does happen!
  That's awesome, maybe I'll sell off a few of the sets in the basement. My mother went nuts mid the craze bought a ton and shipping boxes for them to sell and never did.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 01:05:13 PM »
IF your beanies are new and have been stored in an airtight container-

consider donating them to a Children's hospital!  They can't take used or dusty things- but they can take new.

I know that Seattle Children's likes to give a little stuffie (ie a beanie baby) to each kid who has to spend the night away from their parents..  hospitals are scary for kids.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2016, 06:37:16 PM »
I remember the beanie baby crazy back in the day lol. I'm pretty sure Funko Pop is like todays beanie babies. I actually still have all mine stored in my closet. I can't get myself to get rid of them because they are the only toys left from my childhood, and almost all of them were bought by my mother who passed back in March. So those are staying with me forever lol

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Seachanger

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2016, 11:49:36 AM »
My kids love the old beanie babies and I do occasionally buy them on eBay if they have a specific one they really want or to replace a lost one.  Other than that I usually pick them up at thrift stores. People do buy them on eBay.
Thanks devonshireRed for the avi!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2016, 03:18:46 AM »
IF your beanies are new and have been stored in an airtight container-

consider donating them to a Children's hospital!  They can't take used or dusty things- but they can take new.

I know that Seattle Children's likes to give a little stuffie (ie a beanie baby) to each kid who has to spend the night away from their parents..  hospitals are scary for kids.

And if they're used you could donate them to a local women and children's shelter. Some are picky about what they accept so definitely check first. The one where I live will accept anything and I've donated bunches of old toys I didn't want anymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal