collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are beanie baby bears still valuable?  (Read 3774 times)

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Are beanie baby bears still valuable?
« on: October 08, 2016, 12:11:36 PM »
I know that most are worthless but are there any that are still valuable?

[moving to Toy Box ~ Kiwi]

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Are beanie baby bears still valuable?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 02:17:39 PM »
Thanks

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 06:23:48 AM »
Most beanies are pretty worthless. A lot of the high ending bids are scams most likely just like Disney VHS tapes. If you have the zodiac set that one still sells decent.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 07:00:45 AM »
If only I could sell my beanie babies for those prices on eBay. I'd be able to pay for college and rent for a very long time!  :lol:

|My Collection|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 07:26:23 AM »
Most beanies are pretty worthless. A lot of the high ending bids are scams most likely just like Disney VHS tapes. If you have the zodiac set that one still sells decent.

^This.  I can find almost any beanie baby at my local thrift stores for fifty cents a piece.  In fact, it's where I bought my Chops the Lamb and a few other "rare" beanies years ago when I still collected them.  Now I just have my favorites and I sold the rest off at a garage sale, mostly to an older couple who wanted them for their grandchildren to play with.  They came at the end of the sale and made an offer of about $60.  Since a good number of them had sold individually and I was going to send the rest to the thrift store anyway because I didn't have time to sell them on eBay and I needed the space, I accepted the offer.  Other people had tried to make a low-ball offer ($20-$30) on the lot so they could resell them (even though I had them priced at $1 each or $100 for the lot-there were about 200 beanies there at the beginning of the day).  That's why I accepted that couple's offer instead and I'm glad that they went to some kids who would enjoy them. 

If only I could sell my beanie babies for those prices on eBay. I'd be able to pay for college and rent for a very long time!  :lol:

:lol: Right?

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 10:20:30 PM »
I used to have a TON of beanie babies. My parents always told me to save them because they'd "be worth a lot someday". Boy were they wrong! Lol. I don't think I have any of them anymore. I wish I'd kept a couple, though.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 02:23:57 PM »
I found some of the supposedly "really rare" bears at Goodwill recently and passed them up (they were only a dollar). I didn't think people were really buying Beanie Babies at all anymore...

Meanwhile, my ginormous Beanie Baby collection is sitting in boxes in my mom's basement. I tried to sell them at a yard sale once and was only able to give one away.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 02:27:53 PM »
I don't think Beanie Babies are really worth anything today. Maybe ones that were made wrong with errors or something, but for the most part I see them all the time in charity shops and goodwill.
I think those ended items on ebay are probably scams :(

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 07:32:43 PM »
That's why I accepted that couple's offer instead and I'm glad that they went to some kids who would enjoy them. 
Cool! I guess that's the nice thing about them being so common now -- the hype around them has died down, but they are well-made and make great toys for kids. I remember when I was little and still playing with them there were all the runs on McDonalds by adults buying Happy Meals, and it made it hard for my little sister and I to get the McDonalds beanies :/ There were so many weird toy crazes in the 90s.

On a random note, there are a few Beanie Babies who will sell for about $5 to $7 on Ebay (in my limited knowledge); I think they're the ones that were made as Beanies were going out of style so they're not as common. I know this because I still collect Beanies very casually and bought Snocap the Arctic Fox for about that much. :)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 12:09:31 PM »
I remember when the some of the bears were really popular and some stores made you buy a certain amount of stuff before you could purchase the Beanie Baby for $5 or $6 dollars. I still have some on my wish list but haven't been actively looking for them.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 12:53:35 PM »
Welp...there goes my dream...  :cry: :lol: :lol: :P

Hey Ponyfan, which ones do you like? I have an orange tabby kitty if you're interested! I can hold her for you.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 05:16:15 PM »

How much are the Zodiac ones worth?  I still have mine...somewhere...  :)

I never really got into Beanie Babies, but I knew a few who did.  They are always at the thrift store now, but I sort of assumed that none of them were worth anything any more.  If one catches my eye, I'll buy it (I collect toy bunnies, so I go after those.)  Otherwise, I tend to leave them behind.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 06:53:27 PM »

How much are the Zodiac ones worth?  I still have mine...somewhere...  :)

I never really got into Beanie Babies, but I knew a few who did.  They are always at the thrift store now, but I sort of assumed that none of them were worth anything any more.  If one catches my eye, I'll buy it (I collect toy bunnies, so I go after those.)  Otherwise, I tend to leave them behind.

I'm curious too! Also would be cool to learn which ones actually hold a pretty decent value.

I'm like you in that I only get the ones that catch my eye. I collect the older cats and bears.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 07:11:23 PM »
I think the most valuable one is the Princess Diana bear? At least that's who I often see for the highest prices. I did a google search to look at some of the more valuable ones, it's pretty interesting. Of course it's often limited releases, exclusives, or the oldest of old.
I kinda panicked when I saw mystic the unicorn popped up, but it's only his original releases with different fabric that are valuable.

I have noticed the zodiac ones will often go for a fair amount higher than most would. I tried to help my friend get some on ebay but the price went too high for him. I'd love to get my hands on the dragon one day.

I used to have a bunch but now I only collect the unicorns and dragons or just the really nice lizards or dinosaurs. I also collect the beanie boos dragons! My goal is to get back my original legend, the purple and gold dragon, who I traded long ago to a friend who I don't believe has him any longer.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal