collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help in San Antonio?  (Read 421 times)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Help in San Antonio?
« on: October 07, 2016, 01:27:09 PM »
Hey everypony!

I'm heading to the lovely city of San Antonio over Thanksgiving. Flying into SAT, then heading to Laredo.

I can't decide if I should rent a car or take the greyhound, or? It seems complicated to get from SAT to the greyhound terminal, like once we add taxi/uber fees roundtrip, the cost is on par with renting a car... and the Via bus just takes SO long...

Any advice from locals? Is there a low cost or free shuttle to downtown from SAT? Or other suggestions for getting around?

Or heck- Anyone have a spare vehicle they could rent us for a few days? (Or trade for ponies!)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Help in San Antonio?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 01:59:27 AM »
I was just there!!!! I went shopping on my way back from South Padre (actually past Laredo!) was shopping downtown San Antonio and checked out SeaWorld since Im going to be there next month for a birthday dolphin swim at Discovery Cove! :biggrin:

I would just take a rental car to be honest, the traffic is a nightmare and the roads confused me (I got lost!) but there are so many places to shop and a lot of cool buildings to see. My husband's dad is the assistant manager of the Texas Greyhound bus routing and he has always told me to avoid the buses because they stop in questionable areas and constantly make stops or constantly need repairs to where they are never on time. Ive told to never take the bus any time I go over to their place lol.  I would just personally drive to Laredo anyways despite the boringness inbetween San Antonio and the coast. South Padre beach is close so thats something fun to do if you have spare time! It was very pretty there, and worth the extra drive  :P

Also you might want to check out an airline I love to take!  I love to fly with allegiant air just to get from point A to B, nothing fancy and ive had no problems with them, and they have a stop right in Laredo, TX. It might save you a driving trip if you can fly with them! Tickets are usually only $100 range round trip.

Anyways I hope you have a great time here in Texas!  ^.^
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:59:54 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: Help in San Antonio?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 05:53:48 AM »
Thanks, Lala! That's really helpful!

Anyone have a car we could borrow/rent for the weekend? Ponies and watercolors if you do (or cash lol)!

We're excellent drivers and overall responsible people.  ^.^  If no, I'll book a rental car tonight from one of those car vending machines at the airport.  ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal