collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Watched?  (Read 2829 times)

Dulset Tarn

• Trade Count: (0)
Watched?
« on: October 05, 2016, 10:59:30 PM »
I just noticed I have a 10% warning level, but I never got a message or any kind of warning about it. Am I supposed to know why it went up?

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Watched?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 09:07:47 AM »
Just ask a mod about it. I suggest dragonfly or hathorcat. They have many reasons. Plus, they're human, too, and sometimes make mistakes.

Dulset Tarn

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 09:16:32 AM »
Where do I go to ask them?   ^^;

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 09:17:23 AM »
Where do I go to ask them?   ^^;

Send them a PM I think, though they will probably contact you when they see this thread.  :)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 10:05:54 PM »
We do not notify every time a warning is placed.

Yours was placed for inappropriate language.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Dulset Tarn

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 11:07:43 PM »
Well, thanks for letting me know. But I mean, if someone isn't notified about a warning, doesn't that like... fly in the face of the definition of a "warning"?

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 01:54:00 AM »
Where do you even go to see this warning?  :blink:

Dulset Tarn

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 08:26:25 AM »

In the corner of my posts is a little icon that says "Watched" and looking at my profile stats shows "Warning level: 10% (Watched)"

I don't know if either of these are visible to anyone else though, might be private.
That said, turns out I got the warning for quoting a saying, whoops!

Post Merge: October 08, 2016, 12:23:04 AM

Oh, am I not allowed to talk about these things, or something...?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 12:23:04 AM by Dulset Tarn »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 10:10:43 AM »

You dont unless you have one on your account :) A warning is seen only by staff and by the person who has got a warning. We think it is better to keep such issues private as most people will not wish others to see that they have justified the warning status. :)

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Dulset Tarn

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 02:39:50 PM »
So, just to be clear, talking about it will cause you to raise my warning level?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 02:20:08 PM »
Nope - you can ask as much as you like about it with no increase on the warning (as long as no more rules are broken or the situation does not cause more problems). As long as you are happy to have the discussion out in the open, we are happy to answer.
Loa is my love god!

Dulset Tarn

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 09:11:38 PM »
Oh, well, I tried talking about it before, and a mod raised my rating to 20% and deleted my post. I don't think I broke any rules, or if I did I was never told about it...

I don't have a huge problem with having a little accidental warning, but I have to say it's logically inconsistent to be given a warning without ever hearing about it or being told why.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 09:24:49 PM »
Generally laughing about breaking rules and getting a warning will earn you more trouble on forums. Mods don't usually like that, for good reason.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2016, 10:11:46 PM »

You dont unless you have one on your account :) A warning is seen only by staff and by the person who has got a warning. We think it is better to keep such issues private as most people will not wish others to see that they have justified the warning status. :)

haha no I meant on my own profile so I can see if I have any warnings. Totally understandable it would be kept private! :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 01:48:59 PM »

haha no I meant on my own profile so I can see if I have any warnings. Totally understandable it would be kept private! :)

Ahhh :) On your profile at the left hand side of each post...at the very bottom of the profile box it will say "watched" or "moderated" if there is a watched status on you :)

Also if you go into your account summary in the list is Warning Level" its going to be empty or have the % of watched status.

Oh, well, I tried talking about it before, and a mod raised my rating to 20% and deleted my post. I don't think I broke any rules, or if I did I was never told about it...

I don't have a huge problem with having a little accidental warning, but I have to say it's logically inconsistent to be given a warning without ever hearing about it or being told why.

As Loa has mentioned, this is a busy forum and moderating staff are all volunteers with only a few hours each day to spend on the boards. We very seldom have to ban, suspend or moderate members. In fact warnings are not even all that common considering the number of members we have and have had over the years. But we do have a lot of background work in many other ways to do. Therefore we dont have the time or feel the need to hand hold members. Its for members to monitor their own summary - we are all grown ups after all. Check your profile summary (you ll get the reason for any warning or moderation there), if you dont understand something shoot an administrator a pm and we will be happy to explain more.

We have pretty simple and wholesome rules around here, Dulset Tarn. We also dont ask a lot of members. We ask them to play nice and be nice....99.99% of them are for the majority of the time. We are a pretty sweet and great bunch of people.

The pony collecting community is one of the nicest and easiest to get along with communities on the internet. We dont encourage drama but equally we dont have the patience for anything which may start some. This forum has remained a friendly place mainly thanks to members but also due to the fact we cut anything off at the root which may be about to cause problems.

As for your warning...just try to get the tone of the forum, try and enjoy other members and always be respectful. When you do, I am sure that watched status will be removed.

As for the fact you tried to talk about it before...you tried to talk about it in the middle of a thread which had absolutely nothing to do with your membership status. Be courteous of those around you. Others are trying to discuss something of interest to them...you decide to make the thread randomly about your watched status. :( Consider that as the reason your post was deleted. Less about you...more about being considerate of other members.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 02:36:52 PM by hathorcat »
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal