collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay uk order to the US. SOLVED, Thanks everyone!  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay uk order to the US. SOLVED, Thanks everyone!
« on: October 05, 2016, 09:29:46 AM »
So pretty weird, but I bought an item from the UK they shipped using the global shipping program on the 25th of August. Around that time in September, I knew it wasn't going to show up, neither of the tracking numbers worked and when I messages the seller, they only replied with a screenshot on their phone of ebay's shipping page. Those global tracking numbers ebay generates are not actually tracking numbers, so there's really no way to get it.
I paid through ebay, total ended being $40 USD which did exactly leave my paypal account.
Now I went back to check the transaction, (yes I have the right one, says what the item is and it was pretty unique from my normal purchases) and it claims I paid WAY less then that, total ending at $18 USD.
Now I never got the item, but if i do a refund I won't even get all my money back. Could the seller of done this somehow? Even if currency conversion has changed, I really need that full $40 back I paid. Is there anything I can do about this? I know I checked the paypal record before and it DID show the $40, not this new $18 :/

On a side note, will doing a paypal buyer protection thing make the seller leave me a bad feedback? They don't communicate, just send me screenshots :/ I got nothing, and something tells  me they never shipped it at all, the first tracking number shows it was never accepted in the UK to the ebay building :S
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:39:26 PM by Itcheeee »
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
OK, question: How much was the item itself before shipping? Was it $18+ shipping=$40? It may be because of the global shipping program for the reason the total amount changed in your eBay view.

As long as your PayPal says the correct information you should be OK.

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
Good point bluerose!  If I recall correctly, they are two separate charges.  One to the seller, the other to Pitney Bowe.
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Itcheeee

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
OK, question: How much was the item itself before shipping? Was it $18+ shipping=$40? It may be because of the global shipping program for the reason the total amount changed in your eBay view.

As long as your PayPal says the correct information you should be OK.
The item price itself was $15, not including the shipping that brought the total to 40.

In paypal it's showing the shipping was only $2 something, I know I paid way more then that. Unless paying through ebay was telling me I was shelling out $40 when I really wasn't?  Like it automatically didn't take that much from me or something :o

But looking right under it, there was a $25 payment to Pitney Bowes, which has to be it. If I go for a refund, will ebay give me that back too?
Their customer support is horrid, I have no clue how to explain to them that was from that transaction too >_<

Post Merge: October 05, 2016, 10:14:41 AM

Good point bluerose!  If I recall correctly, they are two separate charges.  One to the seller, the other to Pitney Bowe.
I just noticed that myself, and that is the remaining bit of the cost so it adds up. :)
Does ebay refund that too since nothing ever arrived? :o I sure hope so, $25 is a lot to waste on shipping that never reached it's destination.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:14:41 AM by Itcheeee »
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Hmm, that's a good question!

My understanding is that if the item arrived safely at Pitney Bowes headquarters, the seller themself will not be required to refund you.  From Pitney-Bowes website:

"Once an item is sold, the seller sends it to the Global Shipping Center using the shipping method of their choice. After the purchased item arrives at the Shipping Center, the seller’s job is done."

Presumably Pitney-Bowes refunds you??  But I am not sure if the refund would include the shipping amount.  I would hope so, since their shipping costs are sky high.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
I would assume since the GSP was used there would be insurance and that would cover the amount of the item and it would be the Royal Mail that would have to reimburse PB first and then PB would reimburse you if the item is lost but you would have to open an item not received case.

You can always call eBay to answer any questions to make sure you are doing it correctly. I have never dealt with the GSP.

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
The $15.00 +$2 something is the price you paid to the seller for the item and for her to ship it to the pitney bows depot in the UK.  The other money will be a separate charge on your paypal account for what it cost Pitney Bows to ship from their depot to the US.  The difference $40 - $18.  I accidentally used the global shipping program once and that's how it worked.  Terrible terrible program that makes sellers looks like total shipping overchargers when they really aren't doing anything wrong. :(

I would definitely call ebay though.  They will be the ones in charge of your lost item since the seller shipped it using global shipping.  As far as I've heard, they're really good at giving refunds.  Make sure to call ebay as the seller has nothing to do with the transaction once it goes to the global shipping program and he/she won't be able to help you.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:36:11 AM by silverdawn »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
GSP is a nightmare.

One thing I will say is that GSP delivery often takes a lot longer than normal post. Admittedly if it hasn't appeared by now it probably isn't going to, that's a long time - but I think the one upside of the GSP is that Ebay takes total responsibility and makes a full refund to a buyer if it goes missing...without compromising the seller's reputation because it got lost in their hands, essentially.

Not 100% since I refuse to use it as a seller and try to avoid it as a buyer if I can, but I think that if you contact Ebay and say it hasn't arrived, they'll help you out.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
I had an MLP item confiscated by Pitney and they refunded me for the whole amount.  You can contact eBay but they WILL NOT put you through to PB; instead eBay plays the role of the middleman.  But once again, I don't see any problem arising regarding getting all of your money back.  Good luck

Just want to add that I have had pretty good luck with their customer service.  Your case is a pretty clear cut
eBay support number  (866) 540-3229
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:11:14 AM by jrr74 »
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Itcheeee

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Thanks for the input, everyone. I really appreciate it :D
So I called ebay's main number, and got a guy who really didn't seem to get that I was worried about making the seller mad, and didn't want that person to refund me since ebay/paypal can do that instead. So he opened a case and typed the message to her himself reading "item has still not arrived. I want a full refund" and now she is quite mad, and defending herself with the proof of shipping again and again. The ebay guy assured me she can't leave me anything but positive feedback, but I still worry. :S I told her before I didn't want her to have to refund me, it can just be from ebay. So now ebay is prompting me to talking to her more with a response, or calling them again which i guess i'll have to try again tomorrow. >_< They also tried to make me give this lady my phone number to "work things out", which I do not want a very angry older someone's mum selling toys on ebay yelling at me over the phone. :/
I'll try the number you gave me, Jrr74 :) Might be better then the 1800 one I tried today.  I *really* wanted me item in the end, but at this point i just want my money back after all this time :/

Post Merge: October 06, 2016, 05:55:22 PM

I had an MLP item confiscated by Pitney and they refunded me for the whole amount.  You can contact eBay but they WILL NOT put you through to PB; instead eBay plays the role of the middleman.  But once again, I don't see any problem arising regarding getting all of your money back.  Good luck

Just want to add that I have had pretty good luck with their customer service.  Your case is a pretty clear cut
eBay support number  (866) 540-3229
That's awful, I can't believe they would confiscate something related to pony!  >_< I really don't like PB now lol
Thanks so much! I'm gonna try that number tomorrow, I called a different one that ended kind of going nowhere, the call center guy wrote the seller a message himself that looked like I sent it to her, which just made her very angry >_< I always put a good few "sorry"s in my messages, cause it's not their fault, but he didn't seem to think that was needed :S
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 05:55:22 PM by Itcheeee »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
As long as the seller can prove that they shipped the item then they will not have to pay back the money. As a seller it is for them to "prove" to ebay that the item shipped.

It makes you a great buyer that you dont want your seller to suffer but if you wish to get your money back then filing an "item not delivered" claim is your only way out. This way you get your shipping cost and item cost returned. And as long as the seller can prove he or she shipped the item, they wont loose their money either.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
As long as the seller can prove that they shipped the item then they will not have to pay back the money. As a seller it is for them to "prove" to ebay that the item shipped.

It's the sellers responsibility the package gets to the buyer. (Or GSP shipping center if that service was used... I think?). eBay needs proof of delivery, not proof of shipping.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile

It's the sellers responsibility the package gets to the buyer. (Or GSP shipping center if that service was used... I think?). eBay needs proof of delivery, not proof of shipping.

As long as the seller as proof of shipping, they can fill in a P58 form and get their money back from Royal Mail (value of the item they have declared and value of postage). So as long as a seller can prove that they have shipped they will not be out ther money. Sorry poorly worded words by me :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline marblecheshire

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
eBay did the same thing with me!!! They escalated a case because I called them even though I said I was not wanting to do this. I don't think they care about the sellers and are more concerned about their buyer protection policy. It is just easier to treat all cases the same.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal