collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show off your fanpony!  (Read 1281 times)

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
Show off your fanpony!
« on: October 04, 2016, 06:31:44 PM »
I wanna see your drawings!!! of your pony ocs!!!  show me their designs and their cutie marks i love seeing what people create. Here's mine!:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

this is Landshark. She's my oldest pony- i think i made her in 8th grade?! I loved the seaponies the best so she's a cross between a landpony and a seapony..i guess. i don't really remember. Her cutie mark is two fish in a circle : )

my current 'ponysona' as it were is Eggdrop. hes fun and likes to party and cook! his cutie mark is a fried egg

my third guy is named Ramiel and he's pretty experimental on my part- i just wanted one of those cool messed-up ponies that people always make. He has 3 sets of wings! he's a blank flank adult pegasus.

i have a couple other miscellaneous ones but they're not all that important. what do you guys have?! 

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Re: Show off your fanpony!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 06:47:53 PM »
here's the one's i tend to draw the most
my fursona turned pony Kestral : http://kestral.deviantart.com/art/pony-pony-pony-316197331  -hilarious note when I made a secondlife version of her I got accused of ripping off someone's hair style/color i'm all?? this is my personal character turned into a pony shut it.
Skypainter she was an artistic meme turned into an actual character http://kestral.deviantart.com/art/Skypainter-s-Grumpy-611385413
and Shadow Eclipse: http://kestral.deviantart.com/art/ShadowEclipse-635827975 a grumpy and territorial  mountain alicorn that helps travelers that get lost in her territory.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 07:08:47 PM »
Yay OCs! I love your sharkpony!! I haven't seen any of those in a while. Eggdrop made me feel nostalgic for the 2013 tumblr pony community, one artists I liked had a pony with an egg related cutie mark too.

My personal ponysona is Darling Melody

This image is super outdated, there's a new one on my blog that I'lll show here eventually. Her dragon has also been re-designed.
Her special talent is making playlists. She's really good at magic and went to Celestia's school for gifted unicorns (where she got her dragon). She's just me in pony form.

Sockhop is her boyfriend, based of my own

He moved to Canterlot looking for musical fame but everyone was too prissy to really enjoy it. He loves the view from the city though so he stayed and eventually met Darling.

Bekuno is just my human OC in pony form
Spoiler

I also have a disabled pegasus OC but I haven't drawn her in forever so I don't have anything to show here ^^;
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

cannibalism

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 07:16:23 PM »
here's the one's i tend to draw the most
my fursona turned pony Kestral : http://kestral.deviantart.com/art/pony-pony-pony-316197331  -hilarious note when I made a secondlife version of her I got accused of ripping off someone's hair style/color i'm all?? this is my personal character turned into a pony shut it.
Skypainter she was an artistic meme turned into an actual character http://kestral.deviantart.com/art/Skypainter-s-Grumpy-611385413
and Shadow Eclipse: http://kestral.deviantart.com/art/ShadowEclipse-635827975 a grumpy and territorial  mountain alicorn that helps travelers that get lost in her territory.

cuties! i like shadow eclipse~

Yay OCs! I love your sharkpony!! I haven't seen any of those in a while. Eggdrop made me feel nostalgic for the 2013 tumblr pony community, one artists I liked had a pony with an egg related cutie mark too.

i love your bf's pony, so cute!! I love it when (Not Twilight) ponies have dragons, it really adds to the narrative of students-get-dragons even though we've never seen another dragon-having pony...?

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 07:27:15 PM »

i love your bf's pony, so cute!! I love it when (Not Twilight) ponies have dragons, it really adds to the narrative of students-get-dragons even though we've never seen another dragon-having pony...?

I have a whole headcanon for it so I can explain it (I worry about being called out as a Mary Sue or something). Basically the egg test is always the introduction. Dragon eggs can only be hatched with magic (natural magic form the dragons or unicorn magic with the right spell). In order to be accepted the unicorn has to be able to figure out that spell with other hatching knowledge. They're ranked based on if the egg does nothing, cracks, or hatches (to varying degrees). If the dragon is fully hatched, it may bond to the unicorn via imprinting. This wasn't the case for Darling but she really wanted the dragon and her parents threw a huge fit when she didn't get it. Celestia offered them to chance to show that Darling is responsible enough to handle and bond with the dragon and if so, she could keep her.
So yeah, Twily isn't the only pony with a dragon, but it is uncommon. They're mainly companions and good study helpers  ^.^
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

cannibalism

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 07:34:14 PM »
well we know from the sonic rainboom episode that twilight got spike as like..part of her entrance exam or whatever. So ASSUMEDLY most if not all the unicorns at celestias school have to pass the dragon test. its just silly we havent seen any more in the show!!!!!

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 08:25:38 PM »
I don't really draw too many OC ponies, but I do have a couple.

From last year's Halloween Colouring Contest, Moonlight Masquerade. I have been meaning to draw her as a full art pony too but never got around to it. She will be a year old soon so maybe it's time I give her some attention.

And here is my plushie pony, Sew'N'Stitch. she hasn't gotten real art beyond the concept doodle, I have been lazy...........she would be much more floppy/less stuffed than this image suggests though. Also her hair needs to be updated to yarn.

Neither of them have personalities/backstories.

cannibalism

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 08:31:40 PM »
I don't really draw too many OC ponies, but I do have a couple.

From last year's Halloween Colouring Contest, Moonlight Masquerade. I have been meaning to draw her as a full art pony too but never got around to it. She will be a year old soon so maybe it's time I give her some attention.

awww both cuties!!!!!!! im entering the coloring contest this year, i like my design for what i entered but it's supposed to be a Secret until halloween so i won't post her yet. i really like your plushie design, she looks so huggable!

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 08:45:37 PM »
Haha yes, don't get yourself disqualified after you worked hard on your design! Can't wait to see though, good luck in the contest. ;) I'm still debating if I want to join this year, I have the perfect punny name to use, so I at least want to draw a halloween pony. :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal