collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else play trading card games?  (Read 421 times)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Anyone else play trading card games?
« on: October 01, 2016, 07:44:47 PM »
Just a general curiosity as it's something I've started doing more. I'm talking any kind here.

My boyfriend recently got me into Magic: The Gathering. I play with a premade blue/black deck (blessed vs cursed). I play really well with it, I have about an 80% success rate and have a lot of different strategies to work with using it. I'd like to build my own deck one day but tit's a little complicated for me. I don't play in tournaments or competitively at all. I have about four friends who play and we're slowly teaching more people.

I also just purchased some of the MLP TCG game cards. I bought an Equestrian Odysseys deck, an Absolute Discord booster pack, and a Celestial Solstice box set. I cannot wrap my head around it. My boyfriend and I attempted to learn it but we couldn't make much sense of it or test it out because we only had one deck (went and bought more that night). So if anyone here plays it.. tips would be much appreciated  :lol:

The only other thing I have is Pokemon cards. I only recently started learning how to play. I collected cards as a kid, have mostly Gen 1 / gen 2 and japanese cards. I found out one of my friends plays, and he said he's help me understand it a bit better.

What do you guys play?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
Re: Anyone else play trading card games?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 02:44:53 AM »
Magic :) Friends of mine play it as well (no tournaments and such for me tho). I started with a landfall deck from the Battle for Zendikar block (although now tweaked) and now have some decks I've made myself ^^

I used to play pokemon back in the day. I still have them stored in binders

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else play trading card games?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 09:29:37 AM »
I dabble in card games. I mostly play pokemon online. I do have physical pokemon and magic the gathering decks. I tried MLP. I'll tell you right now it was so much harder to learn than magic the gathering! Really I'm surprised that line is still doing ok with how hard it is to wrap your head around the rules. It does not seem kid friendly to learn. Seriously I don't know what they were thinking they could have made a unique game and kept the rules simple and still have it be competitive yet different from pokemon or mtg.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal