collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I am FED UP. *resolved* :)  (Read 1197 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I am FED UP. *resolved* :)
« on: September 29, 2016, 04:47:55 PM »
Okay, I commissioned a custom from someone who is a member here. I am not disclosing the name yet because I don't want to shame them. The custom was commissioned on Etsy but we have been communicating here too.

I have messaged several mods/administrators about this too and am not hearing back.

This custom was commissioned way back in July and would take three weeks to complete. She said she's been in and out of the hospital so I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I totally understand that, especially with that's been going on with my life lately.

I have even offered to take one of her current customs in exchange for the commission, she can keep the extra money if she is having money troubles. She won't respond to me on Etsy, she won't respond to me on here. I see she was online here TODAY and I just sent her a message here a couple days ago out of desperation. She did not respond. She has great feedback. What is going on? Why won't the mods respond to me? Why won't she respond to me? I am LIVID right now.

Help, please? Over $70 is a lot to be out of. I'd kind of like to know if I am going to get my pony or not.

Post Merge: September 29, 2016, 04:54:15 PM

I could file a claim with paypal, still. But I'd rather have the pony. Her customs are amazing. I just don't know why she won't take my offer for a cheaper pony unless she really is in the hospital?

Also, I know my message has been read. I checked my outbox.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 08:40:27 AM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: I am FED UP.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 08:43:49 PM »
Honestly I'd just file a claim. You can't force someone to do what they owe. If they really don't have the money they might finally get it together and do the custom, and if not at least you won't be out your money any longer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 04:20:57 AM »
The mod team are looking into this, but the very fact that you messaged multiple of us slows it down. We bring all big issues like this to the group, we do our own fact checking and background research (member activity, past issues, any other current issues, etc), so we can make an informed decision. This can take a while, especially when multiple mods are involved, and as a general rule we let the mods of the specific forum take the lead on communication (ie in this case, the Trader Support mods).

At this point I would recommend you file the Paypal claim, and if still no response, leave appropriate feedback on Etsy (not here as it is an outside transaction). The member has made it clear at this point that this transaction is not a priority to them - especially with them having been online, read but not responded to any messages, and even posted new listings on Etsy just last week (if you have time to list new stuff, or even just renew an expired listing, then you can send a quick message). This is the not the first time the mods have encountered this member, and they have proved to be flakey and not following through on responsibility.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 06:36:29 AM »
Thanks Kiwi. Sorry if I was out of line posting this. I was just so livid when she didn't respond to my message, especially since I think I was giving her the benefit of the doubt and offering to take a cheaper custom.

Post Merge: September 30, 2016, 07:27:16 AM

I filed a claim in paypal. In the message I said she could either send me the cheaper custom and keep the difference (because I'm just that nice, and I REALLY want one of her customs), or she can just refund my money. I'm hoping she just sends the other one. I REALLY want one of those customs.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:27:16 AM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 07:38:09 AM »
I hope the mods come to update us!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 08:49:11 AM »
And I want to thank the mods profusely for helping me out on this. Sorry I bombarded everyone. I didn't know what to do. I've honestly never really been "scammed" before. And I really didn't think I was scammed because on her Etsy account she has really good feedback. And she has good feedback on the Arena for the most part.
My Wishlist

Offline assassin_kitty

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 11:46:33 AM »
The offender would be me I'm afraid, I have messaged DazzleKitty but just wanted to clear up a few points here and apologise that it does look like I'm scamming her. Honestly I'm not doing that at all I've been horrendously ill and have been in the hospital for most of the past 2 months.  All my commissions are important to me and in the brief times I have been home and have been able to craft this commission has been my top priority it's 90 percent complete now and I'm just waiting on a message to DazzleKitty to let me know if how she wants to proceed.

As for messges I'm living in a rented room at the minute, which is awful and my landlord often forgets to pay his bills leaving us without heating for a month or like this month it was internet that got forgotten. So my connection has been sporadic at best, Today is the first time I've managed to get online and actually look at any of the messages I've received and I'm so sorry that it has taken me so long to respond.

The member has made it clear at this point that this transaction is not a priority to them - especially with them having been online, read but not responded to any messages, and even posted new listings on Etsy just last week (if you have time to list new stuff, or even just renew an expired listing, then you can send a quick message). This is the not the first time the mods have encountered this member, and they have proved to be flakey and not following through on responsibility.
I find jumping to this conclusion without any response from me rather insulting, I had not read any of the messages, my etsy listings are set to automatically relist and I've had one issue which has involved the mods before.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 12:40:48 PM »
I think we can clear this up. And if she owns up to getting this custom done, I'm going to buy the other one I want from her too. I'm glad you owned up to this, assassin_kitty. And I feel bad that I had to bring it out. I'm not a confrontational person but I was frustrated and didn't know what else to do.

I feel like in the light of things that have been happening in my life recently (some of you know what I am talking about), this is super petty. But getting a pony in the mail brings a few moments of relief from the pain. I have two customs I am waiting on that I commissioned, this one and one from another member (who has been showing me the progress and dang is this gonna be a freaking awesome custom), so having a little something to look forward to brings a little joy into the darkness.
My Wishlist

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 03:32:38 PM »
I've never known AK to be flakey and I've been commissioning and buying from her for years.

That said, I can understand your frustration Dazzle, totally.

I hope things go well for both you from here :hug:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 04:29:17 PM »
*pony hugs to all*  I am glad communication has been renewed.  It's so hard when you abruptly lose internet and have no way to get back on!  ;) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 08:33:38 PM »
As the owner of an AK custom, I'm sure you will not be disappointed once you get yours and I can understand the frustration of delays and lack of communication.

Hugs AK. Hope you feel better soon.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline assassin_kitty

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 10:46:59 PM »
Thanks for being so understanding DazzleKitty, I'll get you some pictures of your commission this weekend as I finally have a hospital free weekend.
I have a viewing on a new place this evening too so hopefully I won't have to rely on a bad landlord to sort out the bills and added bonus I won't be living somewhere that is making me illness worse too.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 07:21:40 AM »
I appreciate that everything worked out. Thank you all. Assassin_kitty actually refunded me for the custom but I am pretty sure I am going to want to buy it back once I see the finished product. I have wanted a corset custom for YEARS and I finally decided now is the time. And I found someone who makes them perfectly.
My Wishlist

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 08:12:24 AM »
Just an update. She showed me a pic of her progress so far. I think mine is prettier than any she's done so far and I can't wait to brag about her here. ;)  Just my opinion.
My Wishlist

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: I am FED UP. *resolved* :)
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 02:54:43 PM »
I am happy for you, I love her customs Dazzle.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal