collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Home is where the herd is, so...  (Read 637 times)

silveretta

• Trade Count: (0)
Home is where the herd is, so...
« on: September 29, 2016, 11:36:09 AM »
Hi all!

My name is Katinka - or Tinka, as most of my friends call me - and I'm a 35-year-old girl from Germany. I started collecting My little Ponies way back in the 80s and while I had a ton of friends who were also into ponies when I was little, I desperately need some like-minded (and pony-crazy) souls in my life now! I've re-discovered my love for ponies only recently, after digging through boxes full of my old toys with my little son, and while he is just as excited about ponies as I am and likes playing with them (his favourites are the dance'n'prance ponies; Swinger in particular), talking about rare finds and flea market gems is not really something my two-year-old cares much about ;) (or my husband for that matter, haha).

Although I do like the newer ponies, I feel most attached to g1 ponies and only collect them. I also enjoy rescuing and restoring baity ponies, but I'm still in the process of learning all the necessary skills. I can't wait to share photos of my first results - or my herd, in general! I'm also up for trading and I'm looking forward to posting my wishlist on here - which is growing just as rapidly as my herd, it seems. So many beautiful ponies!

Anyways. 'Nuff said. I'm completely excited to be here. Thank you for having me <3
Tinka aka Silveretta
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:38:02 AM by silveretta »

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: Home is where the herd is, so...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 01:21:55 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, silveretta!

You'll always have pony people to talk to here! Can't wait to see your collection. Have fun collecting and enjoy the forums!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 11:11:03 PM »
Welcome to the Arena Katinka (love the name!!!)

I think you will find there are plenty of us that enjoy talking everything pony so your poor husband doesn't have to participate anymore :silly:  Looking forward to seeing you around the forum :lovey:

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 11:39:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
As they've already said, you will surely find like minded people in here. And l can totally relate to what you feel roaming through old memories and wanting to share them with people who care about or at least have been through that too.
Have fun around here :-)
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 12:19:57 AM »
Welcome!
I love your title! My herd is in Germany, too, with my family. I guess that must be my home. LOL
Which part of Germany are you from? I'm from the Saar.

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 06:59:00 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! You have definitely come to the right place.  :happy:

It's such a precious thing to share with your little one; a lot of other members here share their pony love with their children as well, so you are in excellent company! Just be careful with those Dance 'n Prance - my childhood one has a VERY short mane and tail now because she got tangled up in my best friend's hair.  :drunk:

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

silveretta

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 12:14:57 PM »
Thank you so much for the lovely welcome! I'm so glad this place exists :blush:

Bekuno -- I'm really looking forward to it! As soon as I've figured out how to share and post photos, I'll post some pics of my beauties (or beasts! I still have a sad-looking thrift store Moondancer that I would really love to get some input&restoration ideas for :huh: ).

Spinky69er -- Thank you!! :blush: My hubby's almost as happy as I am about my discovery (to be honest, it was his idea that brought me to this website...)

And l can totally relate to what you feel roaming through old memories and wanting to share them with people who care about or at least have been through that too.
That's exactly what I was trying to say! It makes such a difference. I love my friends who are not pony collectors, but still it would be nice to have someone to talk about all the pony-related stuff or celebrate awesome finds with. Or share childhood memories with, just like you mentioned.
And thank you! I'm loving this place already :-D

I love your title! My herd is in Germany, too, with my family. I guess that must be my home. LOL
Oh, danke schön :blush: When you say that your herd is with your family right now, does that mean you are not located in Germany at the moment? Anyways. It's so awesome to meet another German pony collector :lol: I'm from NRW! I adore your sig, by the way! I'm a huge rat lover. Had a group of five for the longest time (my favourite was a husky one that I got from a pet rescue).

It's such a precious thing to share with your little one; a lot of other members here share their pony love with their children as well, so you are in excellent company! Just be careful with those Dance 'n Prance - my childhood one has a VERY short mane and tail now because she got tangled up in my best friend's hair.  :drunk:
Thanks so much for the warning! :shocked: My son has the curliest hair and doesn't like people touching/combing/cutting it, so getting Swinger all tangled up in his hair would be a real nightmare  >_< Maybe I can find him a better pony to play with...

Offline Mainsail

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 05:06:49 PM »
Hi there and welcome to the Arena! :) Everyone here is really nice, and we are definitely pony-crazy!! ^.^ So you have found a good place that you can hopefully call your MLP home. :)

My MLP Tumblr

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 08:16:02 AM »
Spoiler
Thank you so much for the lovely welcome! I'm so glad this place exists :blush:

Bekuno -- I'm really looking forward to it! As soon as I've figured out how to share and post photos, I'll post some pics of my beauties (or beasts! I still have a sad-looking thrift store Moondancer that I would really love to get some input&restoration ideas for :huh: ).

Spinky69er -- Thank you!! :blush: My hubby's almost as happy as I am about my discovery (to be honest, it was his idea that brought me to this website...)

And l can totally relate to what you feel roaming through old memories and wanting to share them with people who care about or at least have been through that too.
That's exactly what I was trying to say! It makes such a difference. I love my friends who are not pony collectors, but still it would be nice to have someone to talk about all the pony-related stuff or celebrate awesome finds with. Or share childhood memories with, just like you mentioned.
And thank you! I'm loving this place already :-D

Oh, danke schön :blush: When you say that your herd is with your family right now, does that mean you are not located in Germany at the moment? Anyways. It's so awesome to meet another German pony collector :lol: I'm from NRW! I adore your sig, by the way! I'm a huge rat lover. Had a group of five for the longest time (my favourite was a husky one that I got from a pet rescue).

Thanks so much for the warning! :shocked: My son has the curliest hair and doesn't like people touching/combing/cutting it, so getting Swinger all tangled up in his hair would be a real nightmare  >_< Maybe I can find him a better pony to play with...

haha, yes, needless to say my best friend went home with a new haircut that day as well - or as best as my mom could manage, just to get her free from the pony. We walked her back home so my mom could help explain what had happened, lol. If your little one keeps his head well away while the pony is "dancing," though, it should be fine.  :lol: ^.^

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal