collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dollyhair  (Read 3598 times)

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Dollyhair
« on: September 29, 2016, 08:27:54 AM »
I don't know if there is a recent post on this or if it's allowed, so mods, do help to advise. Thanks :)

Recently I bought some hanks from Dollyhair. I've heard some good reviews on her in the past and I wanted to do a custom reroot of a Pony.
This was my first time buying from her.

So I placed an order close to a week ago and I haven't heard anything back (eg status of order,shipped out,tracking,etc). My payment was successful because I received an order invoice and it's in my bank as well. I've dropped her messages on the email on the site regarding this matter but no reply either.

I don't know what is going on and what to do.. :(

I was hoping you guys could share your experience and let me know. 

Thanks
:happy:

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Dollyhair
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 03:02:06 PM »
Are you in the US?
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline gullideth

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 05:10:55 PM »
The shipments from dollyhair take about two weeks to get to me and I am in the US.  I don't think I ever got tracking info either, I just save the confirmation of my purchase.

Offline piinkypiie

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 07:03:50 AM »
Thanks.. so i guess i should wait 2 weeks. But i thought she would at least reply my emails.. since she did say if we had any questions we could drop her a email.. :(

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 07:37:12 AM »
Oh this is common and standard behavior for her.  When she gets overwhelmed with orders, she stops communicating and sending tracking info.  Then she clears through the backlog and behaves as if this is normal customer service.  If you had done a search on her in the Trader Support forum, you would have seen this has been her method of madness for the entire history of her company.  ;)

You pretty much have to harass her to get her to pay attention to your order now.  if she's not responding then you may have to investigate your options through Paypal/your CC.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 12:09:32 PM »
You're in...... Singapore???  I don't remember.  Anyway, if you're overseas it will take longer.  She never emails or messages me either and I have never had an issue with lost or missing orders. 

Offline piinkypiie

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 10:21:44 PM »
Oh this is common and standard behavior for her.  When she gets overwhelmed with orders, she stops communicating and sending tracking info.  Then she clears through the backlog and behaves as if this is normal customer service.  If you had done a search on her in the Trader Support forum, you would have seen this has been her method of madness for the entire history of her company.  ;)

You pretty much have to harass her to get her to pay attention to your order now.  if she's not responding then you may have to investigate your options through Paypal/your CC.

So you mean to keep sending her emails until she responds? :O
yeah im gonna see if i can get the money back via paypal. i'll order from someone else. the headache isnt worth it.

Post Merge: September 30, 2016, 10:22:43 PM

You're in...... Singapore???  I don't remember.  Anyway, if you're overseas it will take longer.  She never emails or messages me either and I have never had an issue with lost or missing orders.

youre in USA right? Is she biased to overseas orders? :o

Post Merge: October 01, 2016, 04:07:27 AM

UPDATE: i decided to cancel my order. i have sent dollyhair an email. hopefully she responds. im gonna get my hair from other sellers. What do u guys think of RetroDolls US
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 04:07:27 AM by piinkypiie »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 09:16:41 AM »
RetroDolls sources their hair from Dollyhair if I'm not mistaken...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline piinkypiie

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 09:21:04 AM »

Lol but I think customer service is better. I asked a qn from that seller and got a reply within hours :o

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 01:07:40 PM »
RetrodollsUS is better on customer service as she can be easily reached for changes and additions to orders but of the 3 times I've ordered from her, twice the mail has taken 3 weeks or more to make the 6 hour car ride south. That may be the problem of the specific post office that she has to deal with as it's happened to others and she says she regularly has to go in and yell at them. Tracking. Making knowledge of where your package is all the more transparent.

I personally have had no bad experiences from Dollyhair although the shipping notice twice has arrived after I received my products. I get my items almost consistently 6 days after ordering.
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 02:16:52 PM »
Do they? o_o The shades of colors they have are different I think.

I haven't had problems with Dollyhair other than the lack of communication and smaller than should packages of hair some year ago. I wouldn't be surprised if your order already shipped.

Offline piinkypiie

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 04:42:15 PM »
Hmm guess I'll just wait for Dollyhair and see if it arrives,since I don't know if she will respond to my email of cancellation . If not then retro hair it is, no choice as I need to rehair regardless.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 06:54:05 PM »
there is a new doll hair seller too, customizing 101 I think there name is, they are pretty good customer service wise and price wise

found them, the doll planet
https://www.thedollplanet.com/

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 07:40:31 PM »
there is a new doll hair seller too, customizing 101 I think there name is, they are pretty good customer service wise and price wise

found them, the doll planet
https://www.thedollplanet.com/

I had been looking over their selection as well.  I'm really curious about the quality and texture. Here is the Etsy store page as well:
www.etsy.com/shop/TheDollPlanetHair

ETA:  I also have always had good service with Tina/Dollyhair.  I thought I remember her saying that she doesn't provide a confirmation email with international packages, hence why I asked if you were in the US.  I think that you might have been a little hasty with cancelling your order after not hearing anything after placing an order "close to a week ago".  That isn't really that long in the grand scheme of things (only a few business days possibly).  Dollyhair is a smaller business, not Amazon.  No offense intended, just a different perspective on things.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 07:59:24 PM by cookhuman »
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 08:39:00 PM »
I have brought obre hair from thedollplanet, the texture and quality is the same as doll hair however the hair doesnt come apart in plug strands you have to make your own. One hank also leached the colour she assured me they are all colourfast now but i would still colourfast as a precaution. On the other hand her rehairing needles are amazing i have been using the same one for well over a year now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal