collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 412 times)

Offline EmpressOfTheLibrary

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
  • Interested in Baits! PM me!
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: September 28, 2016, 11:18:39 AM »
Hello, friends!  I'm a new collector, and you can call me Empress, or Brie if you prefer.  That's my real name anyways.  Ah, I'm not really good at these sorts of posts, so let's get started, huh?

Personal:

I'm 19 years old!  Gonna be twenty in October, and I'm kinda nervous about it.  >///<

I live in Oklahoma, in the US!  Don't really wanna say more than that, unless I'm ordering.

Full-time college student at the moment!  Working on getting a seasonal job for the holidays, but we'll see how that goes.  I'm a Studio Arts major, but I might change to Multimedia soon!

Ponies:

Been gathering ponies since I was a little kid, but I only made the decision to start actively collecting recently.

I'm wanting to collect g3 ponies, mostly, but I have quite a few g4s as well!  G1 and g2 are both cool, though, and I'd be collecting them as well, if it wasn't for the fact that they're much more expensive.

I'm not sure why I decided to collect, really.  When I was a little girl, I mostly had fakies because my parents could buy three off-brand toys for the price of one name-brand that way.  As I got older, though, my brother would pick on me for liking 'girl stuff.'  He didn't mean any harm by it, and always thought I'd stand up to him eventually.  Sometimes he forgot I was a little kid, with the way I spoke and acted like an adult most of the time.  Anyways, this meant that my childhood was relatively pony-free, and it was a long time before I could learn to balance my love of feminine things like ponies and makeup, and more masculine things like robots and spaceships.  I think collecting, especially collecting g3s, is sort of a way to make up for lost time and accept myself.

I don't have a lot in my collection so far, really!  Mostly g4s I've received as gifts, and a few of the fakies from my childhood!  There's a few g3 McDonald's toys too, and a g3 Rainbow Dash that my dad saved from a dumpster at the storage unit.  Half of my herd is actually MIA at the moment, so I can't quite tell you about all of them!   <:c
Call me Em!  G3 + 4 Enthusiast.  They/Them please.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 09:12:18 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :lovey:

Your collection isn't very large but it does sound loved and cherished.  Not to mention now that you have a better appreciation and understanding about the ponies, your collection will surely grow in no time.  I hope you find many new ponies to add to your collection :)

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 10:16:04 PM »
Thank you so much!  They are well-loved indeed.  Every one of them needs a trip to the spa this weekend, heh.   :P

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 07:31:58 AM »
Hello and welcome to the Arena! Arts major, eh? Do you do any pony art? There are a lot of talented artists here, you'd be in great company there!

I'd love to see your  childhood fakies! I had mostly Hasbro ponies as a kid, but a handful of fakies found their way into my herd as well and are just as cherished. A lot of people here (including me!) actively collect fakies, even.  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 09:49:54 AM »
Hello and welcome to the Arena! Arts major, eh? Do you do any pony art? There are a lot of talented artists here, you'd be in great company there!

I'd love to see your  childhood fakies! I had mostly Hasbro ponies as a kid, but a handful of fakies found their way into my herd as well and are just as cherished. A lot of people here (including me!) actively collect fakies, even.  ^.^

Ah, thank you!  I do, in fact, draw pony art.  (I also have commissions open!  ;) )  I'll work towards posting pics of my herd soon, including the fakies!  Really there's only a few that I know where are at the moment, but hopefully the others will turn up as I go.  Things pop up in the strangest of places sometimes.  They're the Fisher Price ones for the most part, with the pretty glassy eyes and the painted mascara and eyeshadow.  The larger ones have wound up in the toybox, where one of my nephews fell in love with them, but the smaller ones are going to stick around in my herd.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 01:09:29 PM »
Welcome to the Arena,  EmpressOfTheLibrary!

If you have secondhand shops or online trading in your area you may be able to find some G1's for low prices. Many common G1's aren't very pricey at all. Enjoy the forums!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 09:28:16 PM »
Welcome to the Arena,  EmpressOfTheLibrary!

If you have secondhand shops or online trading in your area you may be able to find some G1's for low prices. Many common G1's aren't very pricey at all. Enjoy the forums!

Thank you!  I'm actually starting to see that the earlier gens aren't nearly as expensive as I thought they would be!  I was mostly just going off of the fact that a) collectors' items are usually pretty pricey, and b) the first wave of Transformers toys (which were made of metal and oddly fragile) are hard to find in good condition!  All the same, I'm quite excited to realize that there's a good chance I can add Gusty, Majesty, and some of my other g1 favorites to my herd!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 06:42:43 AM »

Ah, thank you!  I do, in fact, draw pony art.  (I also have commissions open!  ;) )  I'll work towards posting pics of my herd soon, including the fakies!  Really there's only a few that I know where are at the moment, but hopefully the others will turn up as I go.  Things pop up in the strangest of places sometimes.  They're the Fisher Price ones for the most part, with the pretty glassy eyes and the painted mascara and eyeshadow.  The larger ones have wound up in the toybox, where one of my nephews fell in love with them, but the smaller ones are going to stick around in my herd.

Oh I hope you will post in the brags arena when they do turn up! Members being reunited with childhood ponies are always my favorite types of posts.  ^.^

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal