collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 427 times)

maven

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello!
« on: September 26, 2016, 11:23:49 PM »
Hello everyone!  I'm Maven from Texas.  I'm a SAHM with a preschool-age daughter who loves her some MLP:FiM.  I was in the age group to be in on all the G1 ponies, movie, and shows.  I only had 3-4 myself but my friends had them all.  I regret giving my ponies away (Thanks, Mom...) so I've started acquiring mine plus some of the ones I always wanted.  And I'm totally using the excuse that my daughter can play with them (riiiiiiight :biggrin:)

I've had a fascination with both Pony and Barbie hair for as long as I can remember.  If I'd known about boil perms in elementary school, maybe I wouldn't have tried cutting their hair.  I still have all my Barbies, scalped and all, and I'm looking forward to rehairing some soon.  I customized a few Barbies back in college and am considering customizing some ponies.

I can't bring myself to call poor-condition ponies "bait" ever since my husband thought I was talking about dogfighting.  It breaks my heart.

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 11:18:54 AM »
Hello! I hate seeing people refer to G1 ponies as "bait" also...especially when a lot of the time, they just look a little grubby! I've seen some really amazing before-and-after cleaning/restorations here, though, and hope to be able to contribute to them myself.

If you haven't already noticed, there is a board here for dolls and other non-pony toys as well! You should definitely check it out when you can, I'm sure a lot of people here are also Barbie fans.  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 11:44:39 AM »
Hi and welcome

maven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 01:39:40 PM »
If you haven't already noticed, there is a board here for dolls and other non-pony toys as well! You should definitely check it out when you can, I'm sure a lot of people here are also Barbie fans.  ^.^

I hadn't!  Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 09:46:10 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

You can have a collection for your daughter and a collection for yourself... totally acceptable that you shop for both at the same time.  Discounts/postage savings, etc :silly:

Enjoy your time here on the forum!!!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 12:57:55 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, maven!

Hey fellow Texan! Nothing wrong with using your kiddo as a scapegoat for your ponies, you wouldn't be the only one here  :P Enjoy the forums!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal