collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice on Shady IG Sale/Situation *edited to add name in first post  (Read 2267 times)

Offline gullideth

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
So, I bought three ponies in an instagram sale last week.  Unfortunately, when they arrived I got the wrong lot of ponies.  I contacted the seller and the person who actually was supposed to receive the ponies I got.  Im thinking the packages were swapped, no big deal.

The seller was non apologetic over the issue.  I offered to ship the lot I received to the correct buyer if she reimbursed shipping.  I asked her to confirm with the original buyer that it was ok for me to do so, the seller agreed and insisted I send out the ponies by the 3rd of this month because she was going offline for personal reasons.
Today I message the seller and ask for an update, tomorrow is my only day off before the 3rd that I can get to the post office.  With no response she deletes her account 20 minutes later.

At least I am in touch with the other buyer, and hopefully she got my lot and we can swap.  However, we are both out shipping fees now that the seller is not available to refund.  My question is: Can we contact paypal to be reimbursed for shipping or request a partial refund or are we just out of the money?
What if the other buyer doesn't get my lot but someone elses?  Then what?

***edited to add the name of the seller as Rileycat or currently Rileycat 24
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:31:27 PM by gullideth »

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on Shady IG Sale/Situation
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 06:22:43 PM »
Can you contact her via her e-mail/user ID for paypal?  If you don't hear back within 48 hours, and let her know you are giving her 48 hours, I would go ahead and contact paypal.  Good luck getting your correct ponies.   
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline gullideth

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 06:34:01 PM »
Thanks, I will try that!  Hopefully she will respond.

Post Merge: September 27, 2016, 09:25:19 AM

Update:  The other buyer got my lot and we sent our packaged to each other.  I am out 12.40 for shipping and she is out 7.85 in shipping.  I paid 34.00 for my lot of three ponies from the seller with shipping included.  I am hoping she just refunds my 12.40 and we can call it a day.

If she does not refund and I contact paypal, do I have to contest the entire purchase or partial?  I do have the tracking number of the package I sent back to the correct buyer.  Ive never had to deal with this before.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 09:25:19 AM by gullideth »

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 03:36:45 PM »
If the seller is being a jerk, I would just file an Item Not Received claim with paypal. And make it clear that even though you received a box, which will show via tracking that it was delivered, that the items you purchased were not in the box. Then you will get a full refund. Then, if you are feeling generous, you can send money back to the seller minus the shipping charges to fix their mistake.

Offline gullideth

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 03:45:46 PM »
Excellent advice Thunderwing!!!  I do want to pay for the ponies I purchased, I will wait to make sure they arrive from the other buyer and go from there.  I'm pretty sure the seller won't respond.  She had sold a lot of ponies that day and I hope nobody else got a mix up like I did.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 04:45:32 PM »
I'm curious who the seller was. I use IG a lot for pony transactions, and I'd definitely want to avoid someone who does nothing to resolve their mistakes. :huh:

Offline gullideth

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 05:31:20 PM »
I'm curious who the seller was. I use IG a lot for pony transactions, and I'd definitely want to avoid someone who does nothing to resolve their mistakes. :huh:
Sending A PM to you. 

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 06:01:07 PM »
Excellent advice Thunderwing!!!  I do want to pay for the ponies I purchased, I will wait to make sure they arrive from the other buyer and go from there.  I'm pretty sure the seller won't respond.  She had sold a lot of ponies that day and I hope nobody else got a mix up like I did.

Just be sure to use the 'item not received' option and not the 'item not as described' option. For non ebay purchases, paypal will not support a buyer's 'not as described' claim. Since they consider only ebay as proof of an item's condition. Non ebay sales are not covered. (Does that make sense? I went through this, bought an expensive item not on ebay that was not as described, and the paypal rep I spoke to on the phone said that as long as I received an item they could not judge if it was 'as described' since emails can be faked. However - if you say you just didn't get the item you paid for (I would not mention that you got anything else, just omit that detail) then they should side with you.)

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 06:37:09 PM »
I'm curious as to who the seller is too, I also use IG a lot (though not nearly as much as KKV and others hehe.)  It's still very good to know to avoid someone like this.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this, I really hope you get your ponies :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Kitastrophe

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 06:17:36 AM »
Also interested to know who this is since I buy/sell on IG fairly frequently.  >_<

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 07:14:25 AM »
I am sending you a PM about IG situation.

Offline gullideth

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 07:20:13 PM »
Update>>> on a nice note myself and the other buyer have both exchanged our ponies and have them in hand.  As for the seller, no refund or response via email.

Offline gullideth

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 07:48:17 PM »
Ok, so things are getting really crazy with this situation.  I emailed the seller advising of 48 hours to respond about my shipping refund request since I spent about 12.00 to ship the ponies to the correct person.  No reply.  I waited about 4 days (today) before sending a message to the seller through paypal asking for a 12.00 partial credit on the 34.00 I had paid.  I did not submit a case, just a message.

The seller re-activates their IG account under a different name and has started threatening to call the police for theft if I do not return the ponies I purchased...and PAID FOR....ON TOP OF ANOTHER 12.00 for fixing their shipping error. 

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 08:41:07 AM »
Please let us know the IG account/s so nobody else is caught up in this...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 12:07:03 PM »
I'm glad you got the right ponies- sounds like you are very lucky you did.

How crazy that the seller wouldn't comp you the cost of the shipping to correct his/her mistake. So rude.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal