collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your favorite bath / beauty products?  (Read 2141 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Your favorite bath / beauty products?
« on: September 25, 2016, 09:54:50 AM »
I'm starting to organize my holiday shopping and I have several family members who adore bath / beauty stuff. While looking around, I noticed that The Body Shop (.ca, just to be clear) has their Buy 3 Get 3 Free sale on. This got me looking at all their stuff--both sale products and new arrivals. And that got me thinking about my favorite bath / beauty goodies, which has lead me to starting this thread.

Personally, I love fruity scents and I love anything coconut (which is hilarious since I hate the -taste- of coconut). My current favorite scent from The Body Shop is Mango. I am interested in trying their new Pink Grapefruit scent, though. One scent I like that is outside all of this is Bath and Body Works Cherry Blossom.

The most disappointing scent I've ever tried is / was chocolate body wash. Sounded good on paper, wasn't so great in practice.

As for what I use, I love 2-in-one shampoos (I have thick hair). My current favorite is Head & Shoulders Green Apple. I like shower gel, body lotion and body mist. I'm also thinking of getting one of The Body Shop's Cactus brushes--seems like it would be easier to hold than a cloth or loofah.

So, any other bath / beauty lovers? What scents and brands do you love? Have you seen any stores getting holiday sales underway that people might want to know about?

[moving to OT ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 02:10:43 PM by Kiwi »

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Ariana

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite bath / beauty products?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 04:00:13 PM »
Ah what a cute topic!

I spoil my hair by using this "Diamond Dreams" shampoo by Rusk (they make Bed Head if you're familiar with those products)- the shampoo has real diamond and pearl dust and cashmere extracts in it! :blink: It makes my hair sooooo nice...I can't stop using it  :drunk:

However, I'm usually VERY sensitive with scented body washes and all, so I actually use the Johnson and Johnson baby wash  :P It has a light vanilla and oatmeal scent so it does smell nice but it doesn't bother me. I recommend it for anyone who has sensitive skin and still wants to use a body wash! I wish I wasn't so sensitive cause the bath and body works stuff is all so cute and they always have cute sales!
Follow my SFW pony tumblr: http://yodawgiheardyoulikeponies.tumblr.com/
Trade/sale list and wishlist:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371182.0.html
My MLP Youtube Channel:

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 04:15:50 PM »
My skin is super sensitive. The only thing I really get to play with is my Bath and Body Works hand soap. There are so many pretty scents. Especially strawberry.

Other than that it's just Dove body wash, Tresseme, Simple face stuff (exfoliating from Neutrogena that pink grapefruit one) and Gold Bond body lotion.

When I was younger I used to use Bath and Body Works Coco Cabana which is unfortunately discontinued. It's by far my favorite scent ever.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 04:23:59 PM by duenia »

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 04:19:38 PM »
Peppermint is my favorite scent. I love peppermint glycerine soap -- don't recall the brand -- but it's hard to find in store because everyone else seems to prefer that scent, too. I also use Suave shampoo that has a minty smell to it. Bath and Body Works, I always liked Warm Vanilla Sugar, if they still have that.

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 05:20:22 PM »
I like bubble bath from Avon. Some of my favorites are peach, vanilla, lavender, peppermint and I'm sure there are many more scents that I like!  I love to take bubble baths in the winter.

I'm not big on body wash, but I really the winter candy apple and their other winter scents from Bath and Body Works.  I like their lotions.

I also love Avon's seasonal chapsticks!  I miss my Avon lady!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 05:22:26 PM by Sukey »

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 08:22:29 PM »
Lush! I love their products! Before ponies I could spend half a month salary on that stuff. Then I discovered it's more sensible to invest in something that lasts longer than a bath bomb.

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 01:35:34 AM »
They sell good products. I mean, the soaps and perfumes they use are nice, but sometimes the basics are the best, for example, all the shampoos are nice, but in my case, and i have long hair, the best for me is the classic H&S, or the ones from Garnier (but not that much) and then I do a last wash with white vinegar. And it is amazing. Wish l could do the same to my ponys, they would be shinny and sweet.
For the soap I have to go for a non-soap soap... which is funny but it works better and l get less itchy after the shower.
For cosmetics we buy fron Yves Rocher, they sell good stuff even if sometimes you fin the one you like and suddenly they stop selling it... sniff
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 01:43:33 AM »
Lush! I love their products! Before ponies I could spend half a month salary on that stuff. Then I discovered it's more sensible to invest in something that lasts longer than a bath bomb.

i really love stuff from lush but they are so damn expensive!!! if i buy anything there, i buy their shampoo. a tiny slice will last a long time and it smells GREAT. you can choose how much you want to spend and they'll weigh it out for you..so thats conveinent. i usually only buy 10 or 15 dollar slices. its costly..but worth it for how it makes my hair feel!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 02:14:47 PM »
I really like Dove's cucumber melon body wash. It has a wonderful, fresh, clean smell to it.

I also really like any kind of lavender or menthol smell bath products.  I know the menthol part is weird but something about it relaxes me. I just really like bubble bath in general. A brand here called Landers used to sell rose scented bubble bath and it would scent up the bathroom for hours and they stopped making that scent. :(  I loved it.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 02:16:32 PM »
RADOX !! for my achy muscles !

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 03:20:16 PM »
I really like Dove's cucumber melon body wash. It has a wonderful, fresh, clean smell to it.

That sounds like something I would like. I'll have to look for it the next time I go out. :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 04:22:22 PM »

Tee hee, my sister loves Lush. I use Neals Yard shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. I bulk buy when i go in to get a massage sometimes because you get 15% off. I wish I could afford more of their stuff but people do buy it for me at birthdays which is nice.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Aliyahbetd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 07:16:19 PM »
I just use basic stuff on my skin (Dove body wash/yardly oatmeal and almond) but I love, love, love the Bath and Body works Moonlit Path fragrance mist <3 <3
Wishlist:
My Kingdom for Cranberry Muffins! :lovey:...
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,379105.0.html

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 06:07:01 AM »
I dont use any bubble bath things. I have a long term problem with that stuff. The only body wash I use is Nivea. I dont seem to like other soaps or body washes. The only other body wash that came close was Oil of Olay or maybe Ivory. I used to use Revlon Outragous They had a color shampoo and conditioner I loved. They dont have it anymore in stores from what I can tell. I like infusium or vidal sasoon.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:55:13 AM by SkyCakes »

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 06:13:09 AM »
I dont use any bubble bath things. I have a long term problem with that stuff. The only body wash I use is Nivea. I dont seem to like other soaps or body washes. The only other body wash that came close was Oil of Olay or maybe Ivory. I used to use Revlon Outragous They had a color shampoo and conditioner I loved. They dont have it anymore in stores from what I can tell.
I hate that they stop selling products you like. When they do I feel abandoned. This is why l always used 2 or 3 different ones. In soap it is Sanex, and l change from time to time the type, but always sanex. I tryed Dove and it turn out awful...
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal