collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Childhood Dream Accomplished  (Read 2457 times)

Starflower Mint

• Trade Count: (0)
Childhood Dream Accomplished
« on: September 23, 2016, 09:36:17 PM »
Usually I don't post here, more of a lurker, but I have to finally brag.

After 26 years and multiple instances of rotten luck, I own Rapunzel. I've spent years kicking myself, I had that order form filled out in the 90's but family situations kept me from ever being able to send it in. I won her in an auction 16 years ago but the seller refused to follow through because $200 was "too low". Spotted her hidden in an ebay lot about ten years ago and nearly had her until someone announced on a forum "LOOK! There's a RAPUNZEL there!" with an auction link. I've been outbid multiple times, had an ex who promised to buy her for me as a wedding present (you can tell how that turned out since he's an ex), prayed to the thrift store gods, and watched her price soar out of my reach year after year after year.

Well, that changed last month. A kind soul offered me the opportunity to make payments. I worked my butt off for three weeks selling things to afford her, it was the most incredible streak of determination and good luck I've EVER had. Everything fell into place like puzzle pieces and, this morning, I had a 26 year dream come true when I held Rapunzel in my hands.

Perfect? Nah, she's not, but factory errors don't bother me. Holding something you were denied and desperately wanted, knowing you worked for it, is an AMAZING feeling. I'd post pics but.. er.. I can't figure out how.. eh heh...

[stickied 25/9/16 - kiwimlp :) ]
unstickied 27/9/16
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:30:23 PM by kiwimlp »

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood Dream Accomplished
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 02:12:24 AM »
Oh wow, congratulations!!! So happy you finally got your ultimate grail pony :)  Sounds like she will take pride of place!  It is very satisfying to work hard for something and finally achieve it, hope you enjoy her!

Bommels

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 02:14:25 AM »
Congratulations! You worked really hard for your dream, and you were so patient :) I hope you'll have lots of fun with your Punzie - you two deserve it! ^.^

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 04:46:11 AM »
Congratulations- and Rapunzel's so pretty!

Starflower Mint

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 11:19:02 AM »
Thank you all :)

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 12:33:15 PM »
Wow what a lovely story  :)

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 02:16:06 PM »
That's such a great story! The patience and hard work must make her even more precious to you. Huge, huge congrats!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 03:06:33 PM »
What a lovely story.  I can't believe you missed out on Punzie so many times!   I has a similar experience with Dream Castle when I was little. It was so expensive that there was no way I was ever going to own it.  I ended up finding one for my collection when I was about 32 and reading your post took me right back to the day I got to open it (in a big box from the US!).  Major congrats on owning such a special pony.  We would love to see pics if you get the chance :lovey: 

NoelVS

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 03:09:01 PM »
Congratulations!! These stories make me happy and I start dreaming I can get my grail pony too some day  ^^

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 05:27:45 PM »
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful story. It must be so incredible to get something that you wanted for so long.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 09:56:28 PM »
Hooray! A long hard road to a lovely pony. Is this perhaps the pony had her own infamous hard road? I'm glad you found each other!
Sig by Corona
Wish List

squishy turdl

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 12:25:44 AM »
Congratulations. She is such an amazing pony! well done..

I have a custom punzie but although she is loved and adored and one of the jewels of my collection, she still isnt a real rapunzel.. you are a very lucky one indeed! great job on all the hard work!!

Starflower Mint

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 10:28:37 AM »
OMG stickied! Thank you so much all!

Yes, this is THE Rapunzel. The one who had a rotten string of luck but now she has found her way to her fairy tale forever home. It's strange how things like that can work out, it's almost like she was supposed to be here.

It was incredible to open the box, I shook holding her for the first time. I couldn't believe how beautiful she was - I've never seen a Rapunzel in person before. I spent a fair amount of time playing with her hair just like a kid! She made me FEEL like a kid again, opening ponies from a trip to Hills for the first time and being in awe of their pretty hair and beautiful eyes. It was a great feeling, it's why a lot of us collect ponies!

I used to think someone would just hand me her or I'd just find her in a thrift store or I'd never own her - working hard to afford her, staying determined, and making my own dream come true was so much better than any of those outcomes. There's a feeling of satisfaction and great pride in owning her. She is truly the jewel of my collection :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 12:32:06 PM »
Your pic is gorgeous!!  I'm so glad she arrived safely and you had so much fun opening her. Well done on all of your hard work to own her :)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 01:12:52 PM »
Huge congrats on your grail pony! She looks great!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal