collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has anyone used Dollyhair.com recently?  (Read 926 times)

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
Has anyone used Dollyhair.com recently?
« on: September 22, 2016, 05:41:31 PM »
Hi!

I posted this onto my tumblr but I didn't get much of a response, so I thought I'd post this here. (I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread- so if it isn't, please move it  :blush: )

I have these bait ponies, and all of them need some kind of new hair- most need a new mane and tail.

I was going to order from dollyhair but I'm worried about the order actually getting here.

So-

Has anyone here used the site recently? (Past few months)
How long does it take for an order to ship?

Would you lovely folk here recommend using dollyhair?

(If you'd like to help one of my bald ponies out, take a look at my wishlist- I need some pieces from flutter ponies + other restoring supplies)

Thank you everyone!!   :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Here are my lovely ponies that need some TLC: (the price tags on the flutters are to tell them apart- I have two Lilies and two Cloud Puffs)  :lovey:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

[moving to Customs ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:42:30 PM by Kiwi »

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Has anyone used Dollyhair.com recently?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 06:04:54 PM »
hi there! i ordered from dollyhair in july, and it only took about 3-4 days to deliver, but it also took about 3 days to actually be sent out, so about a week in total.
Overall my experience has been really positive with them, i got really nice hair, the reroot tool works awsome, and their customer service is really nice. I recommend!

Offline MissGodiva

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Message me on FB at Miss.GodivaPonyCustoms
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 09:10:25 PM »
Dollyhair has always been prompt and correct with my orders.
I used them in july and got a bonus pink pen with their logo!
:awake:
MissGodiva
m.me/Miss.GodivaPonyCustoms
[/font]

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 11:09:44 PM »
I am interested in this as well. :) Since I'm only just getting back into it, I'm going to need to restock my supply.

Anyone know where else a person can buy pony quality hair from?
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

cannibalism

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 12:03:42 AM »
I am interested in this as well. :) Since I'm only just getting back into it, I'm going to need to restock my supply.

http://www.restoredoll.com/ has hanks and http://www.mylittlecustoms.co.uk/ does too, though they're closed right now since they're moving. those i believe are the only places (not including dollyhair) with widely available selections of hanks, and out of them i suggest dollyhair.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 12:30:51 AM »

http://www.restoredoll.com/ has hanks and http://www.mylittlecustoms.co.uk/ does too, though they're closed right now since they're moving. those i believe are the only places (not including dollyhair) with widely available selections of hanks, and out of them i suggest dollyhair.

THanks a lot for the links and info! :)

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 03:05:26 AM »
I've been looking at this site to get some hair for some ponies that need replacement (actually it is Magic Star who got her tail cut before getting to me) and i saw i can only buy from them if i ask for more than 3 different colours or items, so for now i'm just waiting to see if i need more ponies to be rehaired. So now that you say it works fine I will keep that in mind. The ribbons I got from amazon took a long time to arrive and where cheap in price so in quality too, but ok for now.
Any other advices from experienced people here?
Rerooting the mane for me is still a mystery, for example.
As for deflocking I could give some advice, since i'm getting used to it. Any suggestions to share?
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 06:05:12 AM »
I've been looking at this site to get some hair for some ponies that need replacement (actually it is Magic Star who got her tail cut before getting to me) and i saw i can only buy from them if i ask for more than 3 different colours or items, so for now i'm just waiting to see if i need more ponies to be rehaired. So now that you say it works fine I will keep that in mind. The ribbons I got from amazon took a long time to arrive and where cheap in price so in quality too, but ok for now.
As for deflocking I could give some advice, since i'm getting used to it. Any suggestions to share?

If you only need one color, try asking around, many people sell extra hanks, or will sell used hanks with the odd amount left over, that might be perfect for a tail. someone might even be able to work with you if they plan on making a large purchase. Maybe they can add your one color to their purchase and you can pay them for that color. I know I wouldn't mind doing it for someone else, and I know Iv been in a similar situation in the past and people were willing to help me. :)

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 06:29:22 AM »

If you only need one color, try asking around, many people sell extra hanks, or will sell used hanks with the odd amount left over, that might be perfect for a tail. someone might even be able to work with you if they plan on making a large purchase. Maybe they can add your one color to their purchase and you can pay them for that color. I know I wouldn't mind doing it for someone else, and I know Iv been in a similar situation in the past and people were willing to help me. :)
That would be a great idea. Since for the moment i only need the hair to replace the tail. She looks nice but i'm sure she would be better looking with a long tail.
I put her tail in my wish list in case anyone has it to sell or trade.
Thanx for the idea :-)
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 10:08:42 AM »
I placed an order with DollyHair on 9/2, it took 5 days in processing and then 3 days to arrive.
No complaints here  :)
Back after at least 4 years away!

Sleepyjean

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 05:29:10 PM »
I bought a couple different hair hanks from them about a month ago! It took about a week and a half from ordering before it arrived, and I still use the complimentary pen at work. I've found the colors are a little mis-leading for me because of my computer monitor, but that's definitely not the websites fault! I haven't gotten a chance to re-root my ponies yet, but the quality of the hair is great.

I was buying hair from an etsy seller before I discovered Dollyhair.com and I definitely recommend dolly!

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 09:01:59 AM »
Awesome! I'll totally buy some hair from them soon. Thanks everyone!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal