collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay questions  (Read 916 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
eBay questions
« on: September 16, 2016, 04:55:03 PM »
I've had an eBay account for years and years but never sold anything, although I have made a handful of purchases (nothing recent). I have some things I'd like to get rid of quickly so I'm considering eBay, even though I know its terrible for sellers and I'm kind of terrified to even consider it, haha.

But anyways, I know there are some restrictions on new sellers. Does this apply only to new accounts or to anyone who hasn't sold before, regardless of account age? If the money is held for all new sellers, does this apply to shipping funds too? I can't print labels at home (our printer is horrible) so I have to take everything to the post office and buy it there. However I absolutely cannot pay out of pocket for the shipping, even if it'll be reimbursed later. So if I'd have to the eBay idea is already dead.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AllyCatAlisha

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
Re: eBay questions
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 05:45:14 AM »
I don't know the restrictions (if any) on new sellers. I have been selling on and off since 2000. 

For the shipping you can put in up 9 days shipping time (I think 9 days) but eBay will advise you to do three. However, if you are using PayPal you can deposit the money immediately. I think it takes 3-5 days. Once in your bank account you can then ship. I also think PayPal offers their own card like a banks debit card and that might be excellent to look into before you list anything.

My suggestion is to start by opening your seller account on eBay (not putting up listings yet) and look into the PayPal card.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 01:03:20 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by opening a seller account. I don't really want to bother with anything unless I know for sure the money wouldn't be held up for ages. This would most likely be the only time I sell on eBay.

The Paypal card is something we've looked into before, but honestly we don't use Paypal enough to justify it for now. These are the first things I've sold all year. Its a great idea for more active sellers though! I'll probably get one when I eventually open my Etsy shop.

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 03:55:56 AM »
You will have to activate or setup a seller account, and link a bank account for money transfer.  You will be subject to the following for 90 days:  your money will be held for 21 days, or until buyer leaves positive feedback, or after tracked package shows as "delivered" + three days.  I'm pretty sure you can use the money for shipping, as long as you print labels from ebay/paypal.  Good luck! :)

Edited:  b/c typing on stupid phone
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 04:02:42 AM by cookhuman »
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 06:18:12 AM »
Thank you! That's very helpful. Sadly we can't print anything that needs to be super readable/scannable so no eBay for me, which I suppose is sort of a relief. Hopefully everything sells elsewhere.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal