collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Secret Santa! Max $$ are you comfortable spending on this swap? (Choose ONE)

$10-$20
7 (43.8%)
$20-$30
6 (37.5%)
$30+
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: ~⭐️ Minnesota MLP Christmas Party ⭐️~  (Read 10419 times)

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: ~⭐️ Minnesota MLP Christmas Party ⭐️~ Date poll, please vote!
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 07:18:03 PM »
I missed the whole vote thing :( Saturdays always work best for me. If it is on a Sunday maybe we could do it earlier in the day. I have to be up by 5:30am for work and my commute is at least 30 minutes right now without snow so who knows what winter is gonna do to my time.

I love the idea of a coloring contest and secret santa swap. Here is an idea.... since it is hard to have names drawn (unless people know for sure they can go) maybe we can all bring a santa gift and hold onto it then draw names once we arrive and place the name on the gift at that time. I am sure this could be done secretly :) An ornament swap is always fun too.

What about a sock swap? I am a huge fan of fun socks lol. They are cheap too. Target always has fun socks in the sock ailse and dollar spot plus there is always the seasonal stuff. Dollar tree carries fun socks as well.

Not sure what the beverage and food ideas are yet. I assume snackies. I like the idea of hot apple cider and hot chocolate myself.  Egg nog too even though I can't have it.

Sooooo excited. I need something to look forward too right now.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 04:50:14 AM »
The main idea is to avoid all Saturdays, since they will get priority scheduling for family holiday activities. The last thing I want is for pony people to cancel once committed, because they decided to go to a different thing.  :cry: So Sunday December 11 it is, although I did tip it forward in the day a bit. It's a smaller party like the Valentine party last year, which ran ~4 hours I think.

The Secret Santa Swap will require commitment as well, just like if you were participating in a swap here- no drop outs. More details will be forthcoming.  ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 08:55:42 AM »
I put it on the calendar! I'm actually really excited about the Secret Santa Swap, like I mentioned before it's been a long time since I've done one, and I miss them. I've been organizing the Pony Room, and I have the strangest doubles, so I'm interested to see what my partner's wishlist looks like.
Foxfire and I are both planning on being there. I don't know about anyone else, including my darling child. I'll know more the closer we get to the date.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 12:48:40 PM »
I better ask for it off of work...lol....

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 06:59:22 PM »
No worries. I still plan to come as I love the pony meets and seeing everyone. :)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 01:00:05 PM »
PQ, are you still thinking of doing the swap? If we are, do you need any help? You know I have technology limitations, but let me know if there is anything I can do.
I'm only worried that there won't be time to do any decent shopping for a partner if we don't start soon.
If we decide not to do it, that's ok, too. I got a double of something awesome, so I've got something for the Dice Game that I think is pretty cool. Since we're a small group, there's a good chance of getting it!

I love Christmas, by the way. I just love the boogers out of it. There are Christmas Priority Mail Boxes available, and I just ordered them for work. We aren't even out of the ones from last year, but I don't care! We ship in Christmas all year! HoHoHo!

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2016, 11:20:20 AM »
I've requested the day off, and it's right after the semester ends, so I will definitely be there! :)

And I shall be bringing Grandmas gingersnap leaves with me, because they are tasty and awesome. ;) Could also make a bunch of kiss-type cookies as well, if desired.

Please let us know what happens with the secret santa idea - sounds like a lot of fun! :D

I'm going to see if Blackfrost and her mom might be able to join us - if it's later in the day, then I'll have time to drive down to pick them up. :)
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 12:24:51 PM »
Aaa! Hello post! I've been away-ish... yes! Swap! Who's in?? As soon as we get a list, partners can be assigned!

Know thee this:
This is a for reals swap. If you're in, YOU MUST FOLLOW THROUGH.
Um... spending limit like $10-15? Combination of pony items and non-pony treats?

I've never hosted an Arena swap, but since this is an in-person Secret Santa, I'm sure it'll be all fun and no stress!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:29:11 PM by ponyqueen »

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ~⭐️ Minnesota MLP Christmas Party ⭐️~ Secret Santa! Who's in?
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2016, 08:07:12 AM »
I'm in! I'll have to go through my accessories to see what to put on my wish list; I'm pretty sure the ponies I need for my collection are outside that range. ;) With you being the swap host, do you want us to post wish lists for our secret santa in the topic, or PM you? :) This should be fun! I'm looking forward to shopping for my partner.

Oh! Do we want to each include something along the lines of "homemade gifts ok"? I know at least half of us are crafty, so we may have some hand-crafted items, which are always fun to both make and receive.  :art:  :lovey:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2016, 10:18:21 AM »
count me in for secret santa please

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2016, 02:00:44 PM »
I'm in! I'll have to go through my accessories to see what to put on my wish list; I'm pretty sure the ponies I need for my collection are outside that range. ;) With you being the swap host, do you want us to post wish lists for our secret santa in the topic, or PM you? :) This should be fun! I'm looking forward to shopping for my partner.

Oh! Do we want to each include something along the lines of "homemade gifts ok"? I know at least half of us are crafty, so we may have some hand-crafted items, which are always fun to both make and receive.  :art:  :lovey:

I'll assign partners, and please post in this thread a simple wishlist.

All- PLEASE SIGN UP BY FRIDAY Nov 11! This will give us 1 month to shop for our partner's gift! :)

Offline PeachPinkPony

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2016, 02:55:59 AM »
I'm in for the Secret Santa!!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Oooh, a holiday party!
I think I'm gonna skip this one though. I'm not a holiday person, plus getting my ~chauffeurs~ to drive in the snow might prove too difficult.

I hope everybody has fun anyway though!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Oooh, a holiday party!
I think I'm gonna skip this one though. I'm not a holiday person, plus getting my ~chauffeurs~ to drive in the snow might prove too difficult.

I hope everybody has fun anyway though!

You can ride with me if you want! It might be snuggly, but we'll make it work!

Ashley and I are both in for the swap. She might not have a lot of ponies on her list, but I'll make sure she lists other things she likes- at least 15 options. I'll also post that list on here. I'll help her hunt for ponies.
My wishlist is always in my signature, and anything from there is good. I actually love ponies that have a little bit of quirkiness to them, though I also love a mint pony. I'm really hard to please! Hahaha! (All of that is in my wishlist. It's been there for years, I just keep changing it when I get something new.)  Do you want me to make another wishlist, or are more options better?
And I love home-made things and have no food allergies.

Yay! Excited!

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Gifts don't need to include a pony, although that is super of course if it's on a wish list! Main thing is to be pony-themed.  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal