collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The current state of the G1 market (esp Paradise Estate)  (Read 2274 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The current state of the G1 market (esp Paradise Estate)
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 05:02:20 PM »
I have most of this set, I just need the pool liner and the patio parts, that is all. I have the rest of it and need some doors too.  I found part of it at a local thrift store, but need the rest. I am willing to pay just for the pool liner at this point shipping included.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 05:27:27 PM »
I have one complete, without box.  I bought locally for yard sale prices, so no clue on collector's value...

I agree, it's a HUGE playset!  I can't have it on display, it's in one- two boxes in my garage.  And the shipping would be unimaginable.... 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »
There has been one on my local craigslist for ages now. It keeps going from $150, $100, $79, $75

Its just so big that for me I would need the space to display it

The Modesto one?  It also has a cracked roof, but it *is* nicely pink, I have seen it in person when I was buying some other things from the seller.

Haha I have 2 PE myself, incomplete, and I don't think I paid more than $125 for my better one.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 09:45:45 PM »
There has been one on my local craigslist for ages now. It keeps going from $150, $100, $79, $75

The Modesto one?  It also has a cracked roof, but it *is* nicely pink, I have seen it in person when I was buying some other things from the seller.

Haha I have 2 PE myself, incomplete, and I don't think I paid more than $125 for my better one.

Yes haha! I keep seeing it posted, and even though its tempting I have no where to put it haha

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 10:24:20 PM »

Yes haha! I keep seeing it posted, and even though its tempting I have no where to put it haha

If you decide to come over this way, let me k ow if you want to poke through my shed of sale ponies, hehe!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

GypsyTails

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 02:25:35 PM »
I just got my PE (missing just a couple of accessories) for 100$ shipped. I never expected to be able to afford one.

I come in and out of pony collecting, usually taking a few years in between, and I've noticed that prices and popularity of sets/items really comes in waves. The last time I was around everything was about the boys! EVERYTHING! The time before that I think it was princess ponies, and the time before that it was the TAFs. This time around the focus seems to really be on sea ponies and nirvanas. The prices for what is popular goes way up and a lot of other things drop, so I buy what isn't popular at the time  ^.^ Most of the time, and wait for it to flip around. Playsets just don't seem big right now, but I'm digging them!

Offline tealight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 06:04:36 PM »
I saw one for 200 on a another site . I don"t have one, The price is a little scary to me. :crazy:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2016, 11:59:29 PM »
It's my dream playset, but as many others, I don't have the space for it :cry:  I do have some of the small accessories for it (utensils, milk carton, fridge/furniture) and I keep hoping that some day I will have the space..

This is my situation too. I didn't realize how big it truly was until I got just the pool from someone. That thing is huge! I barely have space to put it anywhere because its so long it doesn't fit in any of my display cases. I had to wrap it in a blanket to keep it safe from dust.

Shipping price is also an issue. I'd rather wait for a local pickup, meet, or fair so I don't have to pay so much extra to ship it. I'd rather spend all that extra money on more ponies or dolls, or even groceries. Anything but shipping.

I really think shipping cost + space scare a lot of potential buyers away.  When you're paying at least $100 for just the shell, you don't want to have to spend so much extra money just to *get* the item.  And then try to find room for the thing.  I don't even have room to display my Dream Castle at the moment. 

It makes me wonder why Hasbro didn't build vertically instead of horizontally.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 02:04:14 AM »

That's a good question! I'd honestly love to know their reasoning.

I don't know much about 80s toys beyond MLP, but all the big playsets I remember from my childhood (late 90s to 2000s) were vertical. Some small ones spread out more horizontally but anything on the scale of PE went upwards. I think in some way that makes me want PE more. Its so unique! It makes PE seem a lot more grand, imo, even if vertical would be easier to handle.

Not that the grandness really matters when no one has a place to put it, haha.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 03:54:09 AM »

I don't know much about 80s toys beyond MLP, but all the big playsets I remember from my childhood (late 90s to 2000s) were vertical. Some small ones spread out more horizontally but anything on the scale of PE went upwards. I think in some way that makes me want PE more. Its so unique! It makes PE seem a lot more grand, imo, even if vertical would be easier to handle.

Guys, this can totally be done.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2016, 04:21:08 AM »
Oh cool! How stable is it set up like that?

A couple PEs would make a cute pony apartment complex!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2016, 09:26:28 AM »
I am currently working out the details for a nearly complete estate with its box (but the box has some crayon marks on it) for $175.

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2016, 09:40:54 AM »
A lovely member here sold me hers for $75 shipped.  She really needed the space and just wanted to find a good home for it.  I bought a second one for $150-$180 shipped in really nice shape.  I think I have all of the accessories, just missing the box and directions.  I am in the process of finally getting it set up.  Went out and bought a used table to place it on.  Working on some other details but hope to have it fully displayed in the next 2-3 weeks (I work full time and have two little ones, so everything takes forever  >_<)
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2016, 12:27:38 PM »

I know that Craigslist PE! So you got those other ponies!  There was a birthday set with lots of accessories and Salty with hat and bandanna. Congratulations!

As pony playsets go, the PE isn't my thing. Magical ponies in a magical castle, yes! Magical ponies in a big house...makes less sense. I mean I guess it doesn't really but...

Post Merge: September 16, 2016, 12:29:42 PM

Guys, this can totally be done.

My Little Pony Paradise Apartments! For the single millennial pony living the high rent life in the city.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:29:43 PM by Purpleglasses »

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2016, 06:36:29 PM »
It's on my most wanted play set list, but it would have to be from someone local to save on shipping it. I have no idea where I'd put it, but could always make space somewhere in the house. I have most of the little accessories so all I'd need would be the rooms, pool etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal