collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony Round 2 Treat yourself...here we go  (Read 3961 times)

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony Round 2 Treat yourself...here we go
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2016, 10:03:42 AM »
I'm taking a hit today. Cut my finger with the red bell peppers on a red cutting board and took way too long to notice. Plus memory failure. Almost missed the school bus and forgot to address a package. :(

Upside is that I did get a lot done towards cooking a healthy meal. (No red bell pepper) I'm getting my walking in. I also will still be able to crochet later. Oo, and I walked away from ponies in order to maintain the budget. Go me! :)

Nova I could not get the rhythm of knitting. I know it's not too hard, it's just not for me. Crocheting came easily. It's just what works for you.

CG pictures!!  :P

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2016, 01:40:15 PM »
Ouch, Tak!!   :yikes:

I did manage to do a tiny bit of knitting last evening.  Today is pretty much a bust, though.  I woke up feeling that everything is futile and haven't been able to pull out of it so far. 

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2016, 07:41:20 PM »
somedays we burn and other days we rise like phenoxis from the ashes....crashed tonight. Had a late and stressful meeting for work...I have checked out for tonight. I have knitted while intoxicated, tired, or unfocused and bad things happens....like this
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ok this is the back of my latest project...but no joke this is what happens when I am not 100% focused.

Here is the front.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2016, 08:45:38 AM »
CG it's still cute. If you ended the taper with a pom pom and made it circle into a hat. ? I hate taking mine apart so usually repurpose.  :P  it's difficult to keep tension in a detailed pattern when distracted. I've heard my mom get frustrated so many times. She still works with thread to make intricate doilies.

I have a project today to make ghost bananas with my daughter for her class as a snack. I'll post pictures if we're successful!

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2016, 06:58:18 PM »
 :sheepish: I didn't get pictures of the ghost bananas. They were a huge success. My daughter also loved getting to introduce her class to our dog. He even got to take his vest off to run around with the kids at recess. I also got my walking done. Unfortunately, after all the high alert I had to keep up, I passed out for a three hour nap when I got home.

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2016, 03:31:52 PM »
Gonna make a real reply once i get power back. But i just want to let everyone know we survived the hurricane with minimal damage. :)
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2016, 06:51:42 PM »
 :whew: glad to hear you're okay Nova! :)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2016, 07:54:54 PM »
Hugs Nova! I did not put 2 and 2 together with your location. I am so glad you are ok.

Tak great job on the high alert. You got through it it! And a nice walk in...way to go!

My wii is broken:( so I got it out and been using it since the first round of healthy pony...it out me at 145. I was ok with that. For my height it's an ok weight. Well I had a doctors appointment in Friday. I had to be weighed... :yikes: I was 166.... Way off. My carpet can be the issue of the inaccurate weight. It was a sad blow that day. Then I got super sick at the end of the day. I am doing a bit better but day 3 of a head ach:( in short no more slacking... :blush: :blush: thinking I was 145 kind of made me lazy.

So healthy pony revamp.(for me)
I am doing a point system for myself. I can collect points to earn treats...such as cleaning a pony, making wings...hiding my grey hair hahaha. My more difficult tasks, practicing piano, working out, and selling on EBay get higher points. I also have a calorie tracking to help me make better choices...I have been on a cracker binge.

On a good note I had a nice workout today. 30 min cardio.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline retrogradenova

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2016, 01:50:31 PM »
So you guys seem slightly busy while I was gone! We've had the power back since late Sunday morning but only got the internet back last night, and I was way to drunk to post last night.

@Tak - I might be biased a bit since I prefer blues and greens in general, but isn't a red cutting board a bad idea? Honestly I didn't even know anyone made red ones. I always see white/wooden/ or clear at the stores. Anyways how's the finger doing?

@CG - Your knitting is way better than my crocheting. I can't even make a scarf properly, it ends up curling in on itself and tapering, one I tried curled in on itself while I was working on it AND the edges curled up too. 

Also I know you're a little worried about your weight, but I wanna put it in perspective for you (I know everyone is different so you gotta make sure your weight is healthy for your individual needs) and hopefully you won't feel so down about it: My scale says I weight 377.4lbs today. I am 5'2". Obviously this is not something I want and is why I have been working on my confidence and now my exercise routine. I spent all of my high school life being 190lb, then a bad living situation and art school helped me gain 80lbs. I was about 270 when I met my husband and he has been a bad influence. So that's what I'm working on. My point in mentioning my weight is this, I don't want you to be down because you were one dress size bigger than you thought you were. I have confidence that you can easily overcome those 20lbs.  And really I'd give anything to be 190 again, so 166 isn't too bad anyways. The brief summer I was 164, I got to shop in the Juniors section at clothing stores and it was fantastic!

Anyways now on to me and my exercise plan: So this last week was hectic. I walked Saturday, slept Sunday & Monday, Walked Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I haven't walked since, but I did spend an hour on Saturday afternoon sweeping the road of the debris with a push broom. That was a workout! I seriously don't own a rake, someone make my husband buy a rake, it would have been so much easier!

The hurricane didn't damage us too badly, our house was built to withstand cat 4 hurricanes, but a part of the fence fell down. While I was out sweeping, my husband braced it with the intention of fully repairing it after the ground has dried out.

My dog died on Sunday night. She had been in a scuffle with my other female dog last Monday. The fight ended with no serious injuries, other than Rikka having a pulled muscle in her back leg. It swelled up really big, but it seemed like it was doing okay. She was keeping off of it except to go out and just letting it heal. Than Saturday she started vomiting, we thought it was just stress from the hurricane, until there was blood. Then about half an hour later her leg turned black.  So 2 am Sunday morning I was running around at the fire department and police stations trying to find anyone who could give me an emergency hot pack to help keep her warm while my husband drained the infection and bathed her. All the roads to any operational emergency animal hospitals were closed. We called every veterinarian we could, none answered. Our primary had evacuated with her small children but she gave us as much advice as she could over the phone. My husband even spent 3 hours driving to the nearest working emergency room to see if we could get just a few antibiotics just to help her until the vet could get back into town (she was being kept out of town by the same closed roads and bridges keeping us in). No one would help us and one nurse was very rude to my husband. When the roads opened late Sunday night my husband raced her to an animal hospital in Savannah. She had a siezer or something in the the car, but he got her there. They saw her immediately, and got her stabilized. They said my husband did a great job cleaning out the infection, there was almost no sign of it and her leg/body would make a full recovery (we thought she might lose the leg). But at some point she started getting fluid in her lungs and had a huge fever spike and though they could heal her body, she was brain dead. We had to put her down.

Anyways that's my story of my weekend. We were cut off from 4 different operational animal hospitals. If we had been able to get to a facility willing to treat animals sooner, my dog would still be alive. She was a gentle dog, loved to just sleep on the deck in the summer sun, eat food, and would accept pets from anybody with a hand to pet her. I have half a mind to write both the Governers of GA and SC and express my concern over their road closure process. The vet who tried to save Rikka said she had been on the phone all day with people pleading for help for their animals and she had been pleading with the police to let them through, but they wouldn't. One family arrived the same time my husband did with their paralyzed cat. The doors for their apartment had been blown off and their cat was thrown into a brick wall. The only reason the found their cat was because their second cat led them to it. It was really sad. I'm gonna go into a rant if I say anymore on the subject, so I'll stop here.

Last thing: This is my 200th post on the Arena!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2016, 07:35:10 PM »
Wow! 200! Way to go Nova:) as for your crochet, yarn naturally wants to curl. I get my finished project wet. Ring it out. Pin it to a towel in the shape you want. Roll up the towel and keep it that way for a day. Then hang dry. as for the project in the picture...I roll it up and use hair ties. Helps stretches and makes it lay flat.

Nova me and you are so what in the same boat. 240 in High School and working still. Sadly I have no issues...just me being lazy.
You are making some great progress.

Hugs as your are going such a stressful event. Lots of prayers, highs and good vibes your way!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2016, 07:35:11 AM »
Bumb:) I am working a plan to get myself back on track. Will post all of that soon.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2016, 08:38:07 PM »
Sorry for letting this go quiet. I have been trying to work a second job that was more chaos then it should have been. I have revamped my system of progress. Each positive item gets me points. The harder it is for me to do the task the more points I get to do it. Activities minus the points. I have a hard time practicing piano. I get freaked out if anyone hears me or knows I am doing it....as I went to school for music, teachers developed this fear. So I get more points. Doing some cleaning witch I do to avoid piano I get less points.

Now cleaning ponies, spending money, bad eating, or knitting all day gets me to minus points. The bad items loose more points and the fun tasks take less points away.

I love making flutter pony wings. Since Sunday, I worked out and played piano so I gained some great points. I did go over my calories so I lost there. I had enough to cut out the wings and prep them to be decorated.

Now I have to earn more points to decorate the wings or knit. I hope this makes things more logical for me.

Ok. There is a winner in all of this:) call it the big treat at the end. Your progress gets you the points! And our fellow members voting for you as well:)

So here is a point bonus. From This post to Sunday you get 2 points for posting. Time to wake this forum up:)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2016, 07:28:16 AM »
My friend got her presents in the mail!  The goal for today is to remember to post pictures  :lol:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2016, 02:46:19 PM »
Yeah pictures:)

Offline retrogradenova

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2016, 07:27:08 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words CG! I'll have to try your tips if I ever get around to trying crocheting again. I'm so completely into making customs that I dunno if I'll ever want to do anything else ever again :)

Sorry I've been slacking on posting. My sleep cycle has been horribly messed up from the hurricane and I've been super stressed about getting a custom pony done for a contest. We had to use a very specific bait that cost $15 dollars, so I feel like I'll be wasting my husbands money if I don't get an entry done for the contest, but I'm a bit behind cause of the hurricane and dog stuff happening. I'm even still waiting on the hair to come in (that's freaking me out to no end since it didn't get ordered until the 11th).

It sounds like you took your little bump in the road and smoothed it out with your new point system. I really hope it helps keep you motivated on your goals. I saw your pictures in the custom forum of the wings. They are so pretty! I really loved the whitish/blue one. Once I rehair some of the flutters I have around, we may need to talk. :)

Your point system also inspired me to re-evaluate my rewards. At first I was doing okay with walking, but my only reward was my friend catching an episode of a show he's been stubborn to watch with me. And he started to be unreliable. The episodes he owed me were starting to pile up, to the point that he owed me 5. All this was demotivating because this reward happened to be his idea. So I decided I need a different reward, originally I was trying to avoid spending money on whatever my rewards were, but I decided that rewarding myself with extra custom supplies will be pretty motivating. I still got to negotiate the details with my husband, but I'll post my new reward plan as soon as that's taken care of :) 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal