collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tattoo ideas..need help. Can I comishion an artist here?  (Read 735 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
Tattoo ideas..need help. Can I comishion an artist here?
« on: September 06, 2016, 05:34:40 PM »
Hello all! So I've been tossing around the idea of getting a tattoo. And now that I've had my baby I can start thinking about it more. Then after I'm done nursing I can get one.

So I wanna get a tropical ocean theme on my ankle up my leg likely the left side.

My original idea was to get a sea pony..but I am looking at these tokidoki mermicornos and I'm in love. But I wanna very detailed shading withought going over kill.

I don't know exactly what I want for a Sean if any.. so here are some random objects I'd like.

Mermaid Horse / mermicorno
Ancor
Conk shell

:accomplished:

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
Re: Tattoo ideas..need help. Can I comishion an artist here?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 05:48:10 PM »
It's not a bad idea to have an artist draw up a reference for you, but honestly, I'd just take references from the internet and bring them to the tattoo artists you're looking at to see what they come up with. It'd be better to see whose style matches best with what you have in mind for the finished product.

Sure, a great artist can take another artist's work as a reference to make a stencil from and will make it work, but I tend to prefer going to someone whose style I know meshes well with my concept to begin with.  ^.^

No matter what you do, good luck! Tattoos are great, I have been itching for more for a while now  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Kanchii

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 09:55:52 PM »
For that, you'd want to find an artist whos style you like. Specifically, look for someone who's done ocean scapes, which can be hard and if they're good it'll be a pretty penny. But, if you're like me, you'd think quality > $$$. For something like this, even if you have someone draw something up ahead of time, it'll be hard to find a tattoo artist that can bring it to life. Tattooing is very very different from drawing or painting and it's hard to do most styles. You could find a couple references, for example, a background that you like, and a picture of a seapony that you want similar to, and then give them a detailed explanation of what you really want. Most good tattoo artists will not just copy some art work. They create something new and unique that is one of a kind for your skin.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 04:34:12 AM »
Good luck choosing an idea! If you want to commission an artist, you'll need to go to the art forum.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: Tattoo ideas..need help. Can I commission an artist here?
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 05:13:10 AM »
Check out some artists here:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,381103.0.html

Link to a draw together featuring a tropical pony- many artists painted backgrounds, too. See if you like any of their styles!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 05:39:41 AM »
I agree with Clawleen and Kanchii about just taking references in to the tattoo artist. And ponyqueen and kaoskat are always so helpful, too. 

Have you tried a Google search for "hippocampus"? If you like mermaid style ponies, that might broaden your options/ideas for some artwork. 

Also, there are a lot of pretty mermaid-pony style carousel horses that might serve as inspiration.  (I love them, and have a whole board of "Carousel Creatures" on Pinterest.

Good luck with your search (and with nursing!)! Would love to see your finished tattoo. :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:42:37 AM by sunshine29102 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal