collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Looking for Aniko79. Please contact immediately.  (Read 5678 times)

Offline Christahope

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Depends Pony
  • Moondancer is best pony
    • View Profile
Looking for Aniko79. Please contact immediately.
« on: September 05, 2016, 09:52:05 PM »
Hi there! I am trying to get in touch with Aniko79 regarding a pony she has partially paid for and is now very behind. She was supposedly going to send a pony as partial payment as well, but has never followed through. I have tried messaging her on Facebook, but did not get a response even though she has been posting actively. Saw she was active here a couple days ago and I messaged her here as well since this is where our transaction was taking place. I am aware she has a history of disappearing and wasting time so I hope she will get back in contact so we can resolve this. A good friend of mine said she had been making payments on time and communicating which is the only reason I went forward with the transaction in the first place. The 24 hours I gave for her to contact me is almost up. Could anyone give advice as the best way to proceed with someone who will not communicate, but has made some payments? Thank you you all in advance!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Aniko79. Please contact immediately.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 03:56:43 AM »
Since this is up...
I'll add that Aniko bought something on payment plan from me in June but then by the July payment it was obvious it wasn't going to work out because she gave me an excuse why she couldn't make the next payment. She said possibly end of Sept she could pay again. At that point it wasn't worth the stress.
I'm just posting this if it helps to know those dates.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 08:13:06 AM »
I am in the exact situation.
Our trade begin in may, now i am waiting for the last payment.
She told she were having some computer issues, so that's probably why she is not online often lately.

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 09:32:53 AM »
A google search of her name brings up quite the past history on here.

I rarely sold any highly priced items, but I do enjoy filling large orders when I do clear outs. I now ask for a non-refundable deposit when a payment is broken up. people who think they won't pay often skip me with that in mind. Unfortunately some people don't add up all those little payments going everywhere and continually bite off more then the can handle (or shop and hold sellers items when they simply cannot afford to), leaving the sellers with the items they can live without in the lurch.

Since she was active posting and ignoring you, follow the agreement. If you did accept a non refundable deposit that is yours. I'd leave approprate FB and refund the other payments once her time to respond has passed. Hopefully the other people who wanted that pony will snap her up from you.  :hug:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:35:26 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 10:07:04 AM »
Since this is up, I will add my two cents.

I recently got out of a disastrous transaction with aniko. She agreed to sell me a SA Applejack, then kept trying to change the terms of the deal once I'd already sent her $1000. (Kept trying to insist we do a partial trade instead, etc.) She also kept sending me private messages that were sent to her from another arena member--applejack's original owner didn't want aniko to sell her, so aniko was trying to guilt me into not telling anyone I had bought Applejack.

When I told her I was uncomfortable with the sale and that I wanted to cancel and get my $1000 back (no way I was sending her more money with how flip-flopy she was being!) she insisted on sending me Applejack in the mail, instead. I was still planning to honor our agreement and pay the rest once Applejack arrived...but then aniko messaged me AGAIN, saying that she had "changed her mind" and wanted Applejack back after all. I held onto the pony until I got my refund, then sent the pony back to her.

I alerted the mods about this, and I know others have spoken to the mods about her too. But nothing has been done, as she is still here actively scamming people. I don't understand why she has been allowed to stay here.
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 10:03:06 PM »
I'll chime in; I've been having problems with her too.  I bought a very NM Italian CP Sparkler from her and paid well, plus $30 for secure shipping.  When the pony arrived, she had some ink stains.  They weren't bad, but they meant that the pony definitely wasn't worth what I had paid.  Aniko said she hadn't noticed them.  That may very well be true, but I told her that she still needed to take responsibility for her mistake.  I wanted to return the pony for a full refund, including shipping both ways.  I think it's justified because of the inaccurate description.  She resisted at first, but eventually agreed.  She said she couldn't send the entire refund at once, but could make payments.  I wasn't thrilled with that, but agreed.  Given the situation (and a few other complications I'll mention below), I told her that I wasn't comfortable with returning the pony until after I'd received my full refund.  It took her a month and a half to send the first refund payment; that was in mid July, and I haven't heard from her since, though I've sent her several messages.

She keeps putting me off and giving excuses, saying that she'll send the money the next day and then disappearing for weeks.  She'll say that she's waiting for me to send my Paypal address, even though I already gave it to her.  And she says that she's hurt/annoyed by my tone of irritation.  But I know that she's just playing for time, putting me off so I'll keep waiting and waiting.  From all these issues here in this post, it's clear that she isn't meeting her obligations because she's in WAY over her head.

There were some other complications in our transaction; I'll explain them briefly here.  While Aniko was arranging payments for her refund to me, she asked me to hold a Brazilian outfit.  She assured me that she definitely wanted it.  But then she backed out after I'd been holding it for her for a month.  That's part of the reason I told her I'd send the pony back to her AFTER she sent me a full refund.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 12:18:30 PM »
I've also had problems with her asking to purchase high value ponies then not following through with payment. It's happened to me 3 times in the last year. Finally I told her not to contact me again for any future attempted purchases.

I know the feedback policy is that you can't leave negative feedback for "time wasters" if the translation never takes place, but with the large number of transactions she's flaked on listed here already, I think negative feedback would have helped people avoid falling into this same problem with her over & over again. With high value ponies there's a lot more on the line than transaction for $5-10 ponies. :huh:

Offline Christahope

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Depends Pony
  • Moondancer is best pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 12:39:24 PM »
Wow. I knew there were going to be other members having problems, but this is getting bad. Here is some more detailed information about our transaction. The last contact I had with her, she was offering up a pony as a partial trade. This pony is the one that Kellyponyfeathers bought from her. She sent some photos and a detailed description and I was ok with the flaws. She said the pony was being returned to her after the buyer was unhappy. She gave the impression that the pony would be in her hands shortly and on its way to me right away. I was mostly accepting the pony as a partial trade because I was hoping to get this transaction over with as quickly as possible since she was becoming unreliable. Before offering up the partial trade she had been talking about buying some pricey South African ponies from others and was inquiring about buying a couple more ponies from me on top of the one she has only partially paid for. I had already sold/traded a couple other ponies with her and that turned out well, but these were not for sale luckily. Then she starts making excuses about the payments she was supposed to be making. Someone didn't send payment for a pony they bought, her house insurance came up, etc. I was writing back and forth with a close friend of mine and come to find out Aniko was trying to buy her South African while making excuses to me as to why she couldn't send payment. My friend told her she wouldn't sell to her and she needs to make her payments to me. Aniko was upset and messaged me saying she surprised to hear that I had told my close friend about our payment plan and felt I had violated her privacy. I think she was upset she got called out. I explained that person is a close personal friend and we share most everything. As collectors and part of a community I think we have every right to share information and keep each other informed. I guess it upsets her to know that people are informing each other of her wishy washy behavior. This is obviously a case of her taking on too many payment plans on at the same time and now she can't fulfill her obligations. To be fair, I sent her a message via Facebook letting her know this post is here.

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 02:02:46 PM »
My question is: Why is she still allowed to be here? I contacted the mods, and others I've spoken with about her have contacted them as well. If people like her are allowed to be here buying and selling, then there is no real protection for us. It makes me angry, frankly.
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 02:26:28 PM »
For those of you who are accepting payment plans - you are NOT obliged to refund anything if a buyer flakes on you or is being overly difficult. When I accept payment plans I spell out the terms in advance so the buyer is not confused on how it will go down. It is the BUYER's responsibility to get the payment in on time. If they miss a payment I will wait one week and then send them a PM and and an email with a reminder. Another week, another reminder. After 30 days since the last payment, they forfeit any and all payments made to date and I sell the pony somewhere else. (That said, I am not an unreasonable person, and I know stuff happens so I review each one on a case by case basis. I do not consider "I changed my mind" to be a valid excuse. I do consider "I lost my job" to be legitimate, though I would probably hold off a refund for awhile and see if they are actively buying anywhere else.)

In this case, you sellers (in my opinion) are NOT obligated to return any payments she has made to date. She's flaked and it sounds like you have gone out of your way in fulfilling your due diligence to track her down.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 02:29:17 PM by Thunderwing »

Offline SoSilver

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 03:17:53 PM »
I trusted her, and still do.
I hope she will send the last payment soon, also because, stupidly on my side, i have already sent her the pony she bought :(

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 04:17:32 PM »
For those of you who are accepting payment plans - you are NOT obliged to refund anything if a buyer flakes on you or is being overly difficult.

But how do you even enforce nonrefundable payments with paypal? Those were my terms, but I just figured it wasn't worth the chance in this case. I feel like a chargeback or a case could of been opened and my money would of been taken because it was a single payment, and no goods (obviously) were delivered -- and it wasn't a gift payment like it should of been.

And all I can say, is I looked at her feedback before I went into a transaction. I knew she had threads opened about her in the past -- but she had multiple transactions that went smoothly after that. :( I figured it was safe.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2016, 08:24:44 AM »
TS is not really in my jurisdiction, but I wrote the nirvana sales forum; rules and etiquette thread, stickied at the top of the nirvana sales forum ^.^ (link below!)

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,365632.0.html

I amended it at the end of April to specifically add a section on payment plans as I know some nirvana ponies (and some other rare non-nirvana ponies) are worth $$$$ and often sellers are willing to accept a payment plan. There are some pit falls however, the main one being PayPal's rules on payment plans.

Payment Plans
Payment plans and deposits can be a way of spreading the cost of paying for an expensive pony. You must make it clear in your sales posts whether or not you are willing to accept a deposit or a payment plan.

Make sure you discuss with your buyer/seller whether or not payments or a deposit are refundable should your buyer/seller pulls out part way through the transaction.

Communication is key, discuss the time scale and amounts to be paid. Make sure you have a way to keep in touch should there be a problem. So swap emails just in case you can't stay in touch via the MLParena.

If using PayPal, please be aware that PayPal buyer protection does not cover payment plans such as down payments, instalments or deposits.

You must have made the complete purchase price payment from one registered PayPal account by means of a single payment (no installments, no down payments, no deposits, no deferred payments).

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline SoSilver

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2016, 12:19:10 PM »
Still no answers for me, even if she promised me a payment this monday.
I am kinda desperate.
Can someone please address me to her Facebook page?
Thank you.

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 01:11:13 PM »
Isn't it possible to send her a message with a fair period of time she has to make the payment? Let's say 2 weeks from now. And with the note that previous payments otherwise won't be refunded and the pony sold to others?

After one week a reminder and in the last week several? I think that's easiest and fair for both parts?
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal