collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else playing Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X?  (Read 701 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Anyone else playing Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X?
« on: September 05, 2016, 04:59:29 PM »
I pre-ordered Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X, so I've been playing for a few days now (since I got it in the mail). So far I like most of the songs, but the gameplay hasn't been so great for me so far. I feel like I just need to get used to the new way the game is played (it's way different from the previous games), but it just hasn't grown on me yet. I'm okay with the "story" that they've introduced, but I don't love the way you get modules, the fact that there are so few songs with singers other than Miku (yet you're supposed to play with everyone anyway, even though it's Miku's voice on all of the songs!), and the interchangeable stages -- I liked how, in the previous games, each song had its own really awesome video.

Also, I've encountered some really annoying bugs in the game.  >_< When I flick the sticks for the star notes, sometimes it doesn't register that I got the note and it counts as a miss! Also, a few times the game has frozen for a few seconds and caused me to miss notes. Urgh! BTW, I'm playing on PS4 -- don't know if these bugs exist on the vita version.

So, thoughts? Has anyone else played it yet?

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else playing Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 11:29:33 PM »
 :ninja: I'm over here waiting for it to price drop on the vita. I swear every time I buy a Project Diva game, Sony puts it on sale for 40% off like a week or two later. I've heard this one is the weakest of the series, so I don't mind the waiting. Looks like a game I'll play for $25ish, but not $40. I'm typically in these games for Kaito and Luka, so having it be 99% Miku sorta puts a damper on it for me. Even if the new game mechanics look interesting. >_<

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 11:39:31 PM »
Yeah, I haven't finished all of the songs yet, but I don't think I have come across a single Kaito song yet. It's ridiculous that they have all of the main vocaloids in the game but there are almost no songs for them! I wouldn't have minded more duplicate songs from the 3DS game (which had so much variety it even had room for Gumi!). I think in this game they're really pushing DLC, which I haven't looked at yet. I do kinda feel that part of my $40 has gone to waste -- this game just isn't nearly as good as the previous games, which were totally worth the price I paid. :/

Yet I keep telling myself that I'm just resistant to change and I need to get used to the new game. I'm not sure if that will happen. At least there are some good Miku songs on here...

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 12:31:43 AM »
Yeah, I haven't finished all of the songs yet, but I don't think I have come across a single Kaito song yet. It's ridiculous that they have all of the main vocaloids in the game but there are almost no songs for them! I wouldn't have minded more duplicate songs from the 3DS game (which had so much variety it even had room for Gumi!). I think in this game they're really pushing DLC, which I haven't looked at yet. I do kinda feel that part of my $40 has gone to waste -- this game just isn't nearly as good as the previous games, which were totally worth the price I paid. :/

Yet I keep telling myself that I'm just resistant to change and I need to get used to the new game. I'm not sure if that will happen. At least there are some good Miku songs on here...

I won't spoiler what songs or who gets what for you...but Kaito really got shoved aside for this game compared to the others. And in his 10th anniversary year too. :pout: I think they made a huge mistake treating him the way they did in this game with this timing. I mean, sure, Miku is definitely popular, but that doesn't mean that the others aren't also popular. When the V3 Miku, Meiko, and Kaito plush came out earlier this year...Kaito sold out before Miku did! :lol: was the first time I ever saw that happen!

I just feel like they sort of blew it with the tracklist this time. Especially coming from the extensive variety that the 3DS version had. And a lot of people with PS4s have been playing the Arcade version as well...even thought it's in Japanese. I believe Arcade has 200+ songs. And with fair variety there too.

I sort of felt like they were pushing DLC less in this one compared to F2nd? There wasn't even an option to buy a song pass for X that I know of. Which I did buy for F2nd and it was totally worth the money. F2nd was a very fun game. I think X only has two DLC songs out right now? (And of course they're both even more Miku) I'm not sure where they're going to go with that right now.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 01:49:44 PM »
Well, I "beat" the game, and I'm really pretty disappointed in it. All vocaloids who are not Miku get only one song each, but the way the game works, it really wants you to play as Miku even when you're performing one of the other characters' songs! To unlock new modules for characters, you have to perform songs as that character, but since the "lesser" characters have so few songs, it gets tedious playing the same song over and over again to unlock all of the modules. Now, you could play a Miku song and use one of the other characters, but then you just get to see Miku's voice coming out of someone else's mouth (and if you chose Kaito or Len that is REALLY weird).

I also feel like there were a lot fewer songs to choose from in this game? That may be because there are six medleys, which don't really count as whole songs. I'm not a fan of the fact that the game makes you play medleys instead of just giving you more full songs.

All in all, I'll keep playing, but this game has been a giant disappointment compared to the previous games in the series! I still recommend it for Miku/Vocaloid fans, as long as you keep what I said in mind and take the game with a grain of salt. :/

Edit: OH, and I was so sad that they introduced Gumi in the 3DS game, but then didn't include her in this game! She has enough songs out there now that they totally could have included her!

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 07:17:26 PM »
Well, I "beat" the game, and I'm really pretty disappointed in it. All vocaloids who are not Miku get only one song each, but the way the game works, it really wants you to play as Miku even when you're performing one of the other characters' songs! To unlock new modules for characters, you have to perform songs as that character, but since the "lesser" characters have so few songs, it gets tedious playing the same song over and over again to unlock all of the modules. Now, you could play a Miku song and use one of the other characters, but then you just get to see Miku's voice coming out of someone else's mouth (and if you chose Kaito or Len that is REALLY weird).

I also feel like there were a lot fewer songs to choose from in this game? That may be because there are six medleys, which don't really count as whole songs. I'm not a fan of the fact that the game makes you play medleys instead of just giving you more full songs.

All in all, I'll keep playing, but this game has been a giant disappointment compared to the previous games in the series! I still recommend it for Miku/Vocaloid fans, as long as you keep what I said in mind and take the game with a grain of salt. :/

Edit: OH, and I was so sad that they introduced Gumi in the 3DS game, but then didn't include her in this game! She has enough songs out there now that they totally could have included her!

Unfortunately, the thing with Gumi is licensing. From what I gather, she was in Mirai DX due to whatever agreement they had with Good Smile Company due to their use of the nendoroid designs. Crypton Future Media doesn't own Gumi, Internet Co. does, so that's why she's not able to be in any of the other titles. No telling who's actually responsible for that, but it's either Sega or Internet Co. that don't want to deal. Which is a shame, because I like Gumi a lot.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal