collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's talk about Kingdom Hearts Mobile Game  (Read 8811 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Let's talk about Kingdom Hearts Mobile Game
« on: September 02, 2016, 02:33:08 PM »
Kingdom Hearts Unchained is my first experience with Kingdom Hearts although I thought most of the games looked interesting and even watched some of the cut scenes on YouTube. I really enjoy the Kingdom Hearts mobile game for the most part although I'm not enjoying the current line of quests I'm on (the Underworld) but that might be because I've never been a big fan of Hercules.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 07:21:51 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk about Kingdom Hearts
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 06:18:50 PM »
Kingdom Hearts Unchained is sadly not a very good example of the series. It's a fun distraction during a break at work or anywhere else you only have your phone, but, yeah... I got tired of the repetitive worlds, just the same darn worlds over and over and over again, with the same enemies and the missions are all pretty much the same. The story is so spread out that it's hard to even really follow it. There's so much more variety to all of this in the other games of the series.

Probably my favorite part of the series is the music. I especially loved it when the composer Shimomura (hope I spelled her name right. >.<) started using live instruments instead of MIDI and she really started liking the oboe/English horn (you can hear some oboe and English horn in Unchained, too. Daybreak Town's theme has some very pretty oboe playing. OMG)

|My Collection|

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 10:22:06 PM »
The only Kingdom Hearts that's really worth playing is the first one. There was a kerfuffle with the creator of the game after the first (or maybe the second?) game and they've gone waaaay downhill since then, though people still play them avidly. The first game has the best balance of Disney and Final Fantasy stuff. The second game was okay, but it added a lot of (I think) unnecessary extra characters (well, technically they were added in the game that came between 1 and 2).

Basically, I always LOVED the concept of Kingdom Hearts... but there are elements to the games that I have never been a big fan of.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 10:55:56 AM »
I used to be really into the series (collected merch, cosplayed, played the games. read manga, etc.) but I lost almost all interest in it by this point. I played like 5 of the games but only ever finished one of them. I was one of the Organization XIII fangirls  :lol:
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 12:23:51 PM »
Thanks everyone. I'm sad to hear that I missed the best games in the series. speaking of the music I do love the opening theme that plays after you open Unchained. i don't get to hear the world themes since I usually play when other people are around. Also why is Sora not in Unchained?

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:59:44 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 04:51:33 PM »
Thanks everyone. I'm sad to hear that I missed the best games in the series

Well, you can still play them! Both Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 have been re-released on PS3, and some of the early handheld games were included with the re-releases. :)

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 10:20:30 AM »
I really loved the first two games. Didn't care too much for the 380something days. I recently restarted playing 1 due to selling off my ps2 and upgrading to a ps3 so I got the re releases to replay. I've been having fun with unchained despite it being repetitive
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 09:20:27 AM »
Oh my, do my sissy in law and I LOVE Kingdom Hearts! We live and breathe anything Disney and video games, and this is the best crossover thing for us ever. We are IMPATIENTLY waiting for the third and wanting to get the remastered 1&2 for PS4 super bad. I just LOVE how silly and akward mermaid Sora was signing that song with Ariel xD and the Halloween Town level was my favorite!

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 06:26:44 AM »
We are IMPATIENTLY waiting for the third and wanting to get the remastered 1&2 for PS4 super bad.

Be careful, they're PS3 releases and the PS4 sadly isn't backwards compatible with the PS3. Otherwise I'd only have a PS4. =/

Sorry if I sound rude, I just want to help if you didn't already know.

|My Collection|

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 01:26:46 AM »
Oh, its okay Harmonie! We keep hearing rumors that they are working on a remaster for PS4, we are aware there are PS3 versions but of course we sold our PS3s right before PS4 came out xD

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 01:59:55 AM »
Kingdom Hearts was the first video game I played "by myself"... it barely counts because I was so stressed about missing anything I made my mom buy a step by step guide to every little thing (like the locations of all the currency). We printed it out and that thing was HUGE! In the end I was maxed out completely and couldn't even finish it cause I had no experience playing games :/

I had a lot of fun though! I did some crappy cosplays with my friends at school and stuff like that. We even made sea salt ice cream once. It was SO good! Ever since I've been dying to make it again.

I liked Chain of Memories but never got overly far. The whole card based thing was kind of bizarre to me. I played it here and there until my GBA totally screwed up, wiped my save, and stopped saving anything a couple years ago. I was so mad.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 07:50:35 AM »
Does anyone have tips for defeating Master Ava? I am saving up my jewels and have one dark metal (the old hag from Snow White) and also have a high level King Mickey medal, but the last time I tried to deadest her I spent a lot jewels and barely made any progress on defeating her.

Ponyfan

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 11:49:05 AM »
I'm convinced I'd need to spend thousands of dollars on medals before I could beat Master Ava.

This game is always really harsh with the bosses.

|My Collection|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 04:52:58 PM »
Thanks Harmonie. I've been able to fight the other bosses using many jewels to continue. I don't really have a good idea to defeat Master Ava. I read that using a dark medal made it easier but so far my medals don't seem strong enough.

Ponyfan

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 08:28:25 PM »
Oh? I have plenty of dark medals. I do have to wonder what they were meaning by suggesting that?

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal