collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What's your favourite ice cream flavour?

Chocolate
0 (0%)
Vanilla
0 (0%)
Strawberry
0 (0%)
Mango
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 02, 2016, 01:34:55 PM

Author Topic: Question About Polls  (Read 1060 times)

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Question About Polls
« on: September 01, 2016, 12:32:13 PM »
Hey! So I thought of a *hopefully* fun game/community activity I want to host on the arena, but it's going to require multiple polls. So my question is, can you completely edit a thread's poll (as a random example, going from asking a question like "do you like ponies?" with two answers, to a question like "what's you're favourite ice cream flavour?" with 10 answers)? Or once the poll is set, your're stuck with it? I would only need one poll running at a time. I don't want to end up spamming the Pony Corral if I don't need to, so I thought it would be better to ask than find out for myself.  :lol:

Oh, and also is there a way to edit in a poll to an already existing thread or do you have to start a new fresh thread with the "new poll" option? I feel like I've seen it done before, but I tried searching for the option in one of my threads and couldn't find it.

Thank you!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Re: Question About Polls
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 01:00:22 PM »
I know that I can edit polls, but what I'm not sure about is whether non-admins have the ability. You can test the idea in this site support forum if you like. :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Question About Polls
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 01:33:18 PM »
Thanks SDS. I just discovered how to insert a poll on an existing thread; I was looking for the option in the edit screen, when it's so blatantly there next to the reply button.  ^^; I'll use this thread to test it out.

Edit: Okay, so I can change the poll, but  it looks like I can't change when the poll closes or how many options you can vote for once those are set. The un/lock voting option looks like it has unlimited uses though so as long as I kept the poll running longer than I'd need the thread, it should work out fine. I can just screen cap the results before I modify the poll to keep a record of votes.

Yay, thanks again.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 01:45:35 PM by aluke »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal