collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?  (Read 4062 times)

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2016, 12:07:47 AM »
Mayo, I've never tried Miracle Whip and have little interest in changing that. I've never had plain mayo with fries before either, but I do like chipotle mayo with sweet potato fries.

I think my weirdest condiment combo is using sweet and sour sauce on french fries. I do that at McDonalds whenever I order McNuggets.

That reminds me of another Canadian favorite. Dipping fries in your Wendy`s Frosty. Its called a "Canadian funnel cake" or "redneck funnel cake"

I've heard that one, I still can't stomach the thought of trying it.  :X That reminds me of my friend who used to dip her fries in fruit flavoured yogurt, yuck.

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2016, 10:07:58 AM »
I think my weirdest condiment combo is using sweet and sour sauce on french fries. I do that at McDonalds whenever I order McNuggets.

That reminds me of another Canadian favorite. Dipping fries in your Wendy`s Frosty. Its called a "Canadian funnel cake" or "redneck funnel cake"

I do that sometimes. Frosty's can be annoying and melt easy, and if you eat it first the fries can get cold. It's the easiest solution. I'd actually forgotten about this and thought of doing it the other day. I didn't, thinking "Am I losing my marbles?" but you've reminded me that, yeah, it's a thing. And yeah, I've done it before. :lol:
I don't even know how to react to this. :lol:
I'm personally disgusted by that  :yucky: how can one put something that dry, hot, starchy, salty, greasy and fried into something that meant to be cold,sweet and refreshing?

Except for the salt its the same concept as a funnel cake (dry, hot, starchy, greasy and fried) with ice cream on it (cold sweet and refreshing).   
Its kind of like how if you drop a shot of Amaretto into a glass of beer and chug it, it tastes just like Dr Pepper.
I might want to add that I have never been on good terms with funnel cake either.  I literally can't stomach it.  No Fries/Frosty combo for me!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2016, 06:59:32 AM »
I, too, grew up thinking they were one and the same. Margarine vs butter was difficult enough. The world is full of LIES!

Agreed. I like and will eat both, but the taste is very, very different.

I do that sometimes. Frosty's can be annoying and melt easy, and if you eat it first the fries can get cold. It's the easiest solution. I'd actually forgotten about this and thought of doing it the other day. I didn't, thinking "Am I losing my marbles?" but you've reminded me that, yeah, it's a thing. And yeah, I've done it before. :lol:

Yep. I remember dipping fries into Frosty when I was a kid.  :cool:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline TJgamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2016, 07:19:20 AM »
Very similar with me.
For the longest time, I thought they were both the same thing.
But one time I used actual mayonnaise instead of Miracle Whip and it tasted funny to me.
I'll stick with the Whip.
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal