collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What would be my options here?  (Read 1078 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
What would be my options here?
« on: August 28, 2016, 09:40:07 AM »
It's not pony related but I purchased some DVDs off eBay that were supposed to be legit. They are not and of course came out of country. I could probably live with it except they keep messing up, and I cannot really watch them at all. I haven't heard back from the seller yet, but I'm sure to get a refund or replacement I'll have to send them back. The DVDs weren't cheap but buyer pays return shipping right? Won't that be super high on my end? I cannot think of a single service I could send them with that wouldn't be pricey. I paid like $50 but worry I'll spend $30 shipping them back. Is there anything I can do about it?  I know eBay has their global shipping stuff do they let you return stuff to them and they can process it to the seller? I've never had to send somethings back so new experience for me. I just hate to lose $50 but then spend close to that sending them back.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline frizzycat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Plastic Candy
Re: What would be my options here?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 10:46:52 AM »
When I bought a fake game off of eBay, the seller wanted me to return it but I didn't think it was fair. I called eBay and the rep told me to destroy it and to send them documentation of its destruction. I'm assuming that it's illegal to send back anyway. Ring eBay if you are unsure.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 10:59:43 AM »
When I bought a fake game off of eBay, the seller wanted me to return it but I didn't think it was fair. I called eBay and the rep told me to destroy it and to send them documentation of its destruction. I'm assuming that it's illegal to send back anyway. Ring eBay if you are unsure.

^I was thinking the same thing. Here is ebay's official policy on it:

"Counterfeit items: If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure the proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on eBay or elsewhere."

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 11:26:03 AM »
Thank you, what did you have to submit for your concerns that it was possibly counterfeit? The biggest thing with mine is the layout or th format of how the series is presented. Also there are several spots like on each piece a watch where it messed up and looks pixilated to me? I'm not sure how to explain it. Like this isn't a problem with the disc being scratched as its fine but a quality of the product. Like a badly made copy I suppose.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 11:40:35 AM »
Do an engine search for eBay counterfeit item.  Something should pop up that will be able to help you.  Good luck with your case
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline frizzycat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Plastic Candy
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 08:56:34 PM »
Thank you, what did you have to submit for your concerns that it was possibly counterfeit? The biggest thing with mine is the layout or th format of how the series is presented. Also there are several spots like on each piece a watch where it messed up and looks pixilated to me? I'm not sure how to explain it. Like this isn't a problem with the disc being scratched as its fine but a quality of the product. Like a badly made copy I suppose.

Ah, mine was pretty obvious. The front cover said PC but the back said Xbox. Does the cover of your DVD have any dodgy looking markings (like out of place logos or bad grammar)? Does the print quality not look quite right?

Offline marblecheshire

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 01:14:57 AM »
They will reimburse you for shipping up to $30 but want you to use DHL or UPS and not USPS. I found out about this when I called them over a claim.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 02:14:33 PM »

Start a thread on ebay seller forums "possible counterfiet DVD?" Post clear detailed photographs of the actual product you received (close, close ups of anything that appears funny). One of the sellers/buyers there will know what's up and if it's just a defective legitimate DVD or a fake.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal