collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC on 1997 Toy Fair Petites  (Read 1786 times)

Offline gullideth

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
PC on 1997 Toy Fair Petites
« on: August 26, 2016, 01:29:37 PM »
I have one I am willing to sell since it is a double.  I just wanted to see what they were worth, I never really collected the petite ponies and ended up with a ton of them.  Someone told me that these were toy fair exclusives and I wanted a little bit of knowledge before I sell the one.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: PC on 1997 Toy Fair Petites
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 02:38:34 PM »
Just popping in to say..... wow  :inlove:

I think you'd get a fair penny for her, though how much I'm not sure. There are a couple of serious petite collectors here who I'm sure will chime in.

Offline gullideth

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 03:00:47 PM »
I can't believe I got them at a yard sale....I paid a good amount for a lot of 100 petites and these were in the box.  How a 70 year old man in the middle of nowhere acquired them, I have no clue.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 07:01:03 PM »
These almost never come up for sale.  Seriously, never.  The last set that I saw come up for sale was 4-5 years ago on ebay, and it went for between $500-$600.  It was a fully MIP set(yours is missing the main plastic bag, and a couple of the little bags, but you have an extra double).  I have no idea what it would go for now, though it wouldn't surprise me to see it reach those numbers.  It's on a fair number of top tier collector wantlists, and it could be years before another set hits the market.  Petite collectors will be interested, and so will G2 collectors.  Most G2 collectors would want those to complete their collection, and most Petite collectors need the set as well.  Most of the people who own that set got it when it first came out in 1997.  I only know of a handful of complete sets in the entire community.  It's a very, very rare set.

If I were you, I'd either take offers here, or toss it up on ebay.  You'll probably do better to pull out the compete set of 4 to sell as a group, and then sell the extra double separately. 

Offline gullideth

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 07:15:10 PM »
Thank you so much for the information, I have located an extra of the Ivy pony that is not in the bag as well.  These were literally in a glass jar sitting inside a very dusty storage shed.  I think it's crazy that they ended up there considering what you told me. I actually got into an argument with the man selling them and almost walked away because he was so rude when we haggled the price. I paid 100 dollars for the 98  petites and was upset about it, now I'm elated!

I will definitely keep the set of 4 together, still deciding if I will sell them or not.  I'm a G1 collector and only had one petite pony up until now, the petites just aren't on my list of favorites.  It's tempting to keep something so special, but I know another collector might appreciate them so much more than I will.  Ill think about it for a while before I decide for sure.  The two extras will definitely be for sale.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 04:47:12 AM »
You will get a pretty penny for them, that is for sure. I sold my light heart double years ago (like 8 years) and she sold for $155 via private auction.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 04:27:06 PM »
2 Weeks ago I got outbid on an UNMARKED ebay auction with 2 of them in it. The listing was unmarked and went for $82.

Offline mimicsno1fan

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 12:04:47 AM »
Im looking for the set ( not bothered about them being MIP ) and would be willing to pay about $100 each so based on my personal want I would say $400 :) But there will be others who want them more im sure. Please let me know when they hit ebay

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 03:06:21 AM »
A yard sale?!  Amazing!  :whoa: ::falls on floor::  Please let me know when you list the auction as well ^_^

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 04:30:33 AM »
Wow, sweet find :D Good luck selling them. I agree with the $100-ish per petite :)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 09:56:52 AM »
I've never even heard of this before! I would have never guessed there were fair-exclusive petites out there from the '90's. Wow, it's neat what you discover on the Arena every day!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline gullideth

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2016, 04:09:03 PM »
A yard sale?!  Amazing!  :whoa: ::falls on floor::  Please let me know when you list the auction as well ^_^

The auction is listed. http://www.ebay.com/itm/302060760441

Ready to fall on the floor again?  I went back.  He found another set.  I ended up with 3 full sets of these petites.  One set on ebay, one set sold privately.  One set I am holding on to for now....and all four are MIB.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2016, 05:22:41 PM »
Ready to fall on the floor again?  I went back.  He found another set.  I ended up with 3 full sets of these petites.  One set on ebay, one set sold privately.  One set I am holding on to for now....and all four are MIB.

O___O You are INSANELY lucky, aaaaa!! I would have been screaming if it was me XD Good luck selling them!! I think this is the first time I've ever seen them up for sale, what a great find! I wonder how he got them :O.

Offline gullideth

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 11:14:49 AM »

O___O You are INSANELY lucky, aaaaa!! I would have been screaming if it was me XD Good luck selling them!! I think this is the first time I've ever seen them up for sale, what a great find! I wonder how he got them :O.

I asked him yesterday how he got them.  He told me he "picks stuff up" and got them about 20 years ago and just put them in a "bubble gum machine" and let them stay there for 20 years.  He didn't even "technically" have them out for sale.  I approached him about possibly having ponies so he unlocked the shed and took a good half hour to find them. He's an oddball for sure.  He had so many toys, a lot of original action figures from the 80's.  He knew they were rare, but didn't know the value.  I paid him 200 yesterday for the 6 toy show petites, 10 regular petites and about 100 Sea Wees and Shimmers.  This lady at the sale told me I was being ripped off and was kind of upset I paid so much.  She had no idea either.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2016, 11:58:25 AM »
OH MY WOW.  I am just kind of flapping my arms around like a useless T-rex at this point at your truly amazing luck!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal