collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Half Pony Purse Price Check Please?  (Read 777 times)

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
Half Pony Purse Price Check Please?
« on: August 26, 2016, 05:56:26 AM »
Morning!
Anyone have a good idea how much the G1 bag with the half pony on it is going for? I saw one on eBay for 300 dollars but would like to get anyone else's opinion  :)
Thank you!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Re: Half Pony Purse Price Check Please?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 06:49:51 AM »
Um... geee. I know I personally wouldn't pay anything approaching that for one. They're not the most common pieces, but they do pop up on ebay in mixed lots with some regularity. Miss one and another will come up again. They originally sold in both Canada and the USA for sure (unsure of other countries) - so not like bidding on an item rare to us here. :)

I haven't avidly looked on eBay in a long time. but then- being patient you can find them from anywhere from $10 -$40. My best deal was the half cotton candy full sized purple bag in a lot of 5 common ponies and the lot only sold for $15, about $30 at the time with shipping (bag was the only reason I bid- only bidder). Sold the ponies locally and it was like I was paid a couple bucks to take my bag.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 06:51:26 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline slyons

• G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 10:15:49 AM »
Thanks for the info!
Ha ha, yeah I know I would never pay that, but was wondering because there is aKijiji lot with some ponies and a nursery play set and that bag is in the background..... They are asking 40 dollars for everything but I don't do play sets and have all the ponies, really only interested in the bag...
I asked if they were willing to sell bag separately, but there might be some people coming to look this weekend, so was wondering what a fair price would be to offer them if I get the chance for just the bag, but will most likely be gone so moot point right?

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 10:52:07 AM »
Do you like the bag? do you want it for your collection?

Now, if the answer to those questions are a yes:
Deals like that don't try and selectively split up a sellers batch. Just buy it if you have the funds, some space and time. Otherwise they'll pick someone that accomplishes their goal of the least hassle, and the most free space in their storage area.

Cool stuff priced fairly like this lot do GO QUICK! like before you could get an answer from us on forums. so the easiest way to see if something you like is an amazing price, just see how much shipping of a similar sized/weight item costs just in shipping if you were to purchase off ebay.   ;) Using that- yeah, $40 canadian for the bag is nice price alone. think about shipping alone on the larger bag is likely $30USD or more (if purchased from the US and boxed) JUST for getting it to your house.

If you have kajiji locally and live in a city it's really easy to find another person who wants to buy/trade the spare ponies/playsets off you so they won't hang around and cause clutter. (locally I follow "don't be greedy, pass along my good fortune and let someone else who loves what I do get a fun find at a great price too" and sometimes I met lovely people and get to network with those in the hobby for years like me, or new to the hobby that are excited to meet me as well)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:56:18 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline slyons

• G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 11:17:34 AM »
Oh for sure, if it was something like a rare or nirvana, no questions asked..... And yes, I think the bag is quirky and wouldn't mind it for my collection, but to tell you the truth I'd rather have 40 dollars and spend it for set completers or Wigwams headdress  :lol:

Was just hoping someone could give me a fair price for the bag to see if it would have been worth it or not, I totally appreciate an outside view!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 12:04:00 PM »
I'd pay up to $20 for it if I didn't have to clean it.  Less than that if I had to do much to it. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal