collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone going to buy the upcoming Ace Attorney game?  (Read 933 times)

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
Anyone going to buy the upcoming Ace Attorney game?
« on: August 25, 2016, 12:05:11 PM »
If you know me, I'm a HUUUUGE Ace Attorney fan, it's just my favorite mystery series out there!  The new game, Spirit of Justice, is coming out on September 8th, and I'm just so excited and want to share the joy!  SoJ looks like it's going to be really unique, and I have no idea what to expect from it, as I have been avoiding spoilers very well!  It's always fun to go in mostly blind! :P

[moving to Games Cupboard ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:25:13 PM by Kiwi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: Anyone going to buy the upcoming Ace Attorney game?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 12:58:13 PM »
Eventually! I'm trying to play through every game in order and I still haven't finished the second game I think (it's been a while, I get lazy ^^; ) I'm always happy to see more ace attorney games, I recently played the crossover with professor layton and loved it.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 01:07:37 PM »
I'm so behind the times. I haven't played passed Apollo Justice yet. Glad to at least hear the franchise is still thriving, I love the Ace Attorney series.

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 01:16:10 PM »
Yeah, the second game is a bit hard to get through honestly...  The final case is really good though, but the third one is pretty awful.  The third game is really amazing though!  As a Professor Layton and Ace Attorney fan, PLvsAA was a dream crossover for me. :heart:

I would really suggest trying AAI and AAI2 games Bekuno!  They are the Miles Edgeworth spinoffs, very fun.  The recent 3DS game Dual Destinies, was a bit underwhelming, but considering how they had to make a whole new 3D engine and how long its development hell was, it came out pretty great.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 02:26:34 PM »
I would really suggest trying AAI and AAI2 games Bekuno!  They are the Miles Edgeworth spinoffs, very fun.  The recent 3DS game Dual Destinies, was a bit underwhelming, but considering how they had to make a whole new 3D engine and how long its development hell was, it came out pretty great.

I plan too! I have the first investigations game (I adore Edgeworth). I own the original three games, Apollo, Investigations, and the AA/PL crossover. I have them, I'm just bad at time management and often put games down for months at a time  :blush:
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 03:09:14 PM »
I would, but I don't have the time or money. I'm going to try my best to get Pokemon Sun... but I'm not sure I can even afford that.  :cry:

Poor college student problems.

|My Collection|

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 06:16:20 PM »
Eventually! I'm trying to play through every game in order and I still haven't finished the second game I think (it's been a while, I get lazy ^^; ) I'm always happy to see more ace attorney games, I recently played the crossover with professor layton and loved it.
This is me, too. I want to play all of the games, so I will eventually get the new one, but it probably won't be "the new one" anymore by the time I get to it!

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 06:54:19 PM »
Hm... I started the Ace Attorney series somewhere around late March of this year. I got caught up with the whole series by mid July. =P (with the sole exception of the DLC extra trial in DD, which I haven't even been able to buy)

It *can* be done. If you have the money, that is. The Ace Attorney series was my "best friend" for breaks and lunches at work, since we didn't have Wi-Fi there until shortly before I left, and for some reason browsing even FB, Tumblr, Twitter, emails, and weather was taking up a lot of data earlier this year. =/

|My Collection|

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 01:20:49 PM »
I've been seeing a lot of ads for the new game and now I really want to play it. So, question: do I need to play all of the previous games in the series before I play the new one? Or can I just pick up a few of the games and get the gist? Probably on my next payday I'll get some of the early games in the series and start playing. :)

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 06:57:22 PM »
I've been seeing a lot of ads for the new game and now I really want to play it. So, question: do I need to play all of the previous games in the series before I play the new one? Or can I just pick up a few of the games and get the gist? Probably on my next payday I'll get some of the early games in the series and start playing. :)
I would suggest playing the series in order, although I didn't myself, haha.  I'd suggest picking up Ace Attorney Trilogy on the 3DS e-shop, which is an HD bundle of the first three games for a decent price and with a slightly spruced up translation.

The most recent one, Spirit of Justice, is definitely not one you should play without context.  I just finished binge playing it yesterday!  It was very good, but did have a few very strange issues with it.  I'm always up for a rant about AA if anyone ever feels the need to btw!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 07:11:27 PM »
I think you can get the original trilogy on mobile devices as well? Or at least iOS. I personally started from the beginning to better understand things, but it isn't completely necessary. I think outside of the original trilogy it's best to play in order.

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 04:25:08 AM »
I think you can get the original trilogy on mobile devices as well? Or at least iOS. I personally started from the beginning to better understand things, but it isn't completely necessary. I think outside of the original trilogy it's best to play in order.
The iOS port is not very good, but it works if nothing else is available. :P  Yeah though, both Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice on the 3DS kind of demand having played the older games first more than the rest of the series.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal