collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ID Help and Price Check - Princess Pony and Bushwoolie, G1 Hasbro Softies  (Read 1865 times)

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
Hey y'all! I'm trying to scale down on the duplicates in my collection. I need the space and funds worse than a bin full of ponies I already have or don't need duplicates of, or that I no longer display.

I'm looking for a little help "identifying" this pony, Bushwoolie and other accessories.  Also hoping to get a price check on her, along with the Hasbro Softies I have shown below.

Princess Serena/Aquamarine
● How do I know which version she is (US, Euro)? She's hoof stamped "Made in China"
● Are these, in fact, her accessories? I purchased her online a while back, but am unsure if the accessories she came with are really hers...
● Lastly, what's she worth? If not her accessories, would I do better to sell them individually?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Additional pics in Spoiler...
Spoiler
Princess Serena/Aquamarine
○ Tinsel a bit wild but I haven't attempted to straighten it yet
○ Tiny spot on backside near tail
○ Small area of what appears to be ingrained dirt around ears and edges of hoves
○ Hair is very soft and silky, and quite pink.
○ Symbols look good with no major scratching, coating still shiny on symbol and gem

HAT
○ Glitter rubs on symbols
○ Ribbon looks to be in good condition
○ Original elastic, though it is stretched

COMB
○ Looks to be in good shape - nice, shiny and free or scratches, etc.

WAND
○ Also looks to be in good shape

Bushwoolie "Wishful"

○ Looks great, with a tiny rub to back of crown

Also looking to sell these Hasbro Softies, but wondering if I should sell as is or try to re-touch the eye rubs/paint loss.  I know that's going to alter their value/condition if I do so, and I would absolutely disclose it if I did.  Just wondering how mich the value might change...

Lofty and Baby Lofty

○ Purchased together from eBay over a year ago... Both needed cleaning, washing and styling. I love how they turned out but they live in the top of my closet. They deserve a new home where they will be appreciated and displayed.

Before Pics...

Cleaned and Restyled...

Moondancer
○ Good hair, symbols and eyes.  Tush tag was cut off by previous owner

Glory
○ Hair is really dry, frizzed
○ Eyes have bad scratches, rubs
○ Very white

Thanks in advance for your help! ☺  Shoot me a PM if interested in any of these items. 

moving to corral - df
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 11:00:48 AM by dragonfly »

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Looks like a regular us version of princess Serena. But it's hard to say... If it is a us releases then:
The bushwoolie is wishful and cane with princess royal blue.
The wand came with princess sparkle.
The hat if it has moons is Royal Blues, if it has teardrops and hearts it's tiffanys, if it has butterflies and flowers it's primroses.
The crown pick belongs to starburst or royal blue and possibly moondust.

However...the uk princess pony website lists Serena/aquamarine coming with a lilac hat with hearts and drops on it. And Dark blue comb and purple wand. http://www.slidersweb.net/sarah/mlp/aquamarineaccs.html
We would have to ask ladyg.

Shelti also has a lot of in depth info on her site regarding Princess ponies and their international releases, you might want to check this site out and compare your Serena and her hair and hoof marks to her guide!
http://shel-tponies.com/PPCATALOG/PPCatSerena.html

My guess would be you have a hodgepodge of accessories seeing as she has Royal Blues bushwoolie.
If that's the case, you're best bet would be to sell everything individually.
For the pony: $7-10
Bushwoolie: $6-8
Hat: $8
Wand: $8-10
Comb:$6-8

Not sure on the softies prices! I know the babies can get pricey though! Hope someone else can step in and help out with the accessories and plushies! Sorry if I wasn't much help!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:47:42 AM by Mermaid »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I have a picture of LadyG's MIB Aquamarine on my website, if it helps, though I don't know if it's big enough to be clear on identifying stuff. Also I should mention that there are known variations with some of the accessories in the UK = which LadyG knows more about than I do.

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/princess_aquamarine.htm

There are two purple hat releases in the UK, one slightly pinker than the other, but they are easy to tell apart because one has hearts and drops and the other stars and moons. The one you have is hearts and drops. It might be Aquamarine's or it might be the one sold with Tiffany in the US (not Pearl in the UK, using US and UK names to differentiate here!). I don't know if the hats sold with Aquamarine and Tiffany are the same or have a colour nuance difference. I am assuming the Tiffany one has drops on it, because it's her symbol, but I don't have it so don't know even that!

It isn't always the case that the same hats were sold in both places, just with different ponies, so that's something I would look up - check if the hat is Aquamarine's or if it's the US release Tiffany one. The images I've seen of Tiffany's seems to be a darker purple, more like Sapphire's hat in the UK (which has stars and moons).

Hats in the UK are always sold with a Princess that has their symbol as one of the hat's silver designs. So the hat you have could well match with Aquamarine. It certainly couldn't match with any other UK release Princess, but you may want to just check it against the US releases to be certain.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

sunshine29102

Thanks so much for all the help! I will definitely check out the websites and do some research.  I really appreciate it, y'all!   :biggrin:

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Princess pony- is a US Princess Serena and (as far as I am aware) she also matches up to UK Princess Aquamarine
(PLEASE someone correct me if I am wrong, only own a few bought from childhood original owners not collectors Princess ponies from the UK. so far I haven't been able to really set them apart from their US counterparts. my others came in UK lots. so if there is a consistent difference LMK what it is!)

US matches to the accessories:
Wishful bushwoolie + purple hairpick. Belong to US Royal Blue
Wand. belongs to Princess Misty (princess sparkles is less light)
Hat- Belongs to US Princess Tiffany

So this is a mismatched pieced together set. :)

sunshine29102

Princess pony- is a US Princess Serena and (as far as I am aware) she also matches up to UK Princess Aquamarine
(PLEASE someone correct me if I am wrong, only own a few bought from childhood original owners not collectors Princess ponies from the UK. so far I haven't been able to really set them apart from their US counterparts. my others came in UK lots. so if there is a consistent difference LMK what it is!)

Thank you so much! I kinda figured it was mismatched, just wasn't sure if they belonged in the UK set. Thanks a million!

Anyone have a clue as the the prices for the Softies?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook

Ditto here. I am not aware of any major difference. My childhood UK Aqua is really wrecked, though - she was preloved when I got her -so comparing her to my nice one from the US is hard to do. I haven't noticed significant differences when I've had doubles though over the years. I know there are gem stone variations on the symbol colour but I don't know whether those are universal. They certainly aren't uniform to tie one colour to one location.

We had princesses in 1987 and then the same set again in 1988, which means we probably had the exact same production as the US the first year and then continued production of those same ponies the second year. Germany had variations, but aside our freak line of Princesses, I don't think that we did. Unfortunately UK packed MIB Princesses are already at a premium and Hasbro used the same box through both years, so nailing anything conclusive from that is impossible. We just don't have enough firm data.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile

Ditto here. I am not aware of any major difference. My childhood UK Aqua is really wrecked, though - she was preloved when I got her -so comparing her to my nice one from the US is hard to do. I haven't noticed significant differences when I've had doubles though over the years. I know there are gem stone variations on the symbol colour but I don't know whether those are universal. They certainly aren't uniform to tie one colour to one location.

We had princesses in 1987 and then the same set again in 1988, which means we probably had the exact same production as the US the first year and then continued production of those same ponies the second year. Germany had variations, but aside our freak line of Princesses, I don't think that we did. Unfortunately UK packed MIB Princesses are already at a premium and Hasbro used the same box through both years, so nailing anything conclusive from that is impossible. We just don't have enough firm data.

ok, so for the non freaky UK princesses have you been finding differences in the shapes of the gems, medallions, or the colours? I have found plenty of US (I am in Canada, we got the same stuff as stateside too) princesses where the medallion colour coating is faded, or the gems have turned off shades from fading, yellowing or slight from the factory batch variations. It's very obvious fading or yellowing when one side is faded and the other is the original colour. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal