collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I love conspiracy theories. Let's talk about them.  (Read 1842 times)

Offline MsMedley

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • "We’re all cast-aways in need of ropes"
    • View Profile
Re: I love conspiracy theories. Let's talk about them.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 08:45:54 AM »
Oh man...I used to really get caught up in conspiracy theories! Not so much anymore (not so great for anxiety), but I really looked into the chem trails and the Denver Airport. Also FEMA coffins (I think that tied in with the whole Denver Airport thing of the New World Order and underground concentration camps...*shudders*). Also the JFK assassination.
^.^ Check out my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/KimberlysCommissions

Thank you to Dainty for my profile pic!!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 09:01:28 AM »
Oh, man. I have a great one I heard from a friend who 100% believed it. Her abusive boyfriend convinced her of all this crazy nonsense and cut her off from the world. Anything ridiculous and insane, she believes. The worst part of all is that her boyfriend works in a hospital so he should know better with some of this garbage he's making her believe... Eventually I was forbidden too :/

But enough sadness! Let's talk crazy.

To give some background, she hardcore believes in the Illuminati and that they control everything. Once she pulled up Adventure Time screenshots and was pointing out/explaining all the "proof" that the Illuminati was making the show and using it to brainwash/control kids, or something. Some of the stuff at least was actually there (like some planets, I think it was) but a lot of it was circling the detailing in a tree trunk and claiming it was purposely drawn to look like other stuff. It was bad enough that I couldn't mention a celebrity, pop culture, movie, music, anything like that to her without a discussion of blah blah Illuminati. I also had to be careful not to mention or show any kind of interest things like magic, alchemy, etc in any way. So that gives a good frame of reference.

One time she told me that Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, the Christmas song from 1949 (character is from 1939), was created by the Illuminati. The song was supposedly about Rudolph Giuliani, the mayor of New York City from January 1st 1994 to December 31st 2001. She claimed that Rudolph wanted to join the Illuminati and become president, but the Illuminati didn't like him ("They never let poor Rudolph / Join in any reindeer games"). However the Illuminati played along and promised he could be president if he let them make 9/11 happen ("Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer / You'll go down in history" were the lines she quoted here, I think). He agreed but the tricky Illuminati still wouldn't really let him join and be president, of course!

Another favorite is that Yellowstone is actually a giant alien base built by the US government and that's why its so protected and secret, why certain things are off limits, etc. I don't have a clue how I stumbled upon this one but its downright hilarious. If any of these wackos had been to Yellowstone once they'd know just how much the rangers absolutely do NOT care about visitors following even the ""strictest"" rules. If you try and report them the rangers just ignore you. That's not how a secret alien base would be run.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 05:06:34 AM »
 :blink:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline joce

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 08:10:31 AM »
Oh my god! I work psych. I have heard sooo much. Sometimes it sounds like maybe it's possible. And working in a hospital long enough I have found that there are a lot of non truths out there.

You hear that states drug testing found less than 1% positive for drugs.(they do screening tests and ask do you use generally. Who says yes?) We drug test every patient coming onto our unit, almost all receive assistance and it is rare, maybe three or four a week that are negative for drugs. And I mean heroin for the most part. So government is convincing the liberal group that I used to be part of that there is no fraud of the system. We see so much fraud of food stamps to. They openly admit to it but no one ever gets convicted because then that shows up in statistics! Had a big case here where they bought baked goods at a bakery with food stamps and then went across street to get what they really bought at the bodega which was the spice(synthetic marijuana). All charges dropped eventually. Why?! Judge even said makes it look bad for them giving out the food stamps. Bs. And meanwhile at work we are getting beat up by people on bath salts and spice while they are out of their minds and they go and do it over again.

Drives me nuts to see people point to statistics on abuse of systems like that when I see it and know what it's like.

And I completely think the media determines who will be president. The mass of people pick a name and vote. Many have no idea what matters. And does voting really matter when it comes down to it ??? I don't think so.

I have patients talk about the illuminati all the time lol! I just don't get it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:02:52 AM by joce »
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-Roger Caras

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 02:41:04 AM »
I've heard that Dragonfly doesn't wear pants.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 04:50:26 AM »
Well I just heard about a theory suggesting that Stanley Kubrick directed the moon landing. :lol: You've gotta hand it to the people who come up with this stuff - they're a creative bunch!

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 05:48:16 AM »
Back to the future predicted 9/11  :P
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ULjJ3EqyY

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 06:13:45 AM »
I've heard that Dragonfly doesn't wear pants.

That's not a conspiracy, that's a cold hard fact!  Now, I have heard theories as to WHY she doesn't wear pants...

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 12:55:43 PM »
Cell phones and elf on a shelf. 'Nough said.

Although I'm really curious about the lack of pants? Where do you live?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 05:39:17 PM »
My personal favorite conspiracy theory is that, yes, aliens are running the world and we are being controlled by some mystical scientific brainwashing system and the media and the government is lying to us ti make us better puppets because...  the Illuminati are Lizard People. 

*doo doo doo doo doooooo!*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Kanchii

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 06:58:13 PM »
I enjoy a good conspiracy theory, I'm open enough to listen, but then like to check into things myself and make my own opinions. That being said, our government was definitely responsible for 9/11  :freak:

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 07:09:16 PM »
I love conspiracy theories, and I've been reading a bunch of new ones since this thread was started. Really I'm fascinated by any bizarre sociological or psychological phenomenon: cults, conspiracy theories, mass hysteria, Ekbom's syndrome (belief by a person that he/she is infected by bugs/parasites when in reality none are present),  Cotard delusions (belief by a person that he/she is a walking corpse or doesn't exist), Capgras delusions (belief that a loved one has been replaced by a clone/imposter/alien, etc...), Fregoli delusions (the belief that different people are really the same person who is capable of changing identities), etc... Basically the more bizarre and irrational the more interesting it is to me.

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 05:00:53 PM »
pokemon go is owned by niantic which is sponsored by google. googles ceo was married to 23andme's ceo (a dna testing company that legally owns your dna once you give it to them).

google is tracking where we go and what we're made of. what do they want it for? you'll have to ask them

now the google assassins are going to get me

sunshine29102

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 05:25:02 PM »
I don't usually get into conspiracy theories, though I believe that *some* might have some merit. If nothing else, I find them interesting.

I just saw this one yesterday that was mentioned in a Facebook ad/article.  It alleges that the Titanic didnt sink, that the White Star Line switched the names of the Olympic and Titanic in the shipyard, in order to collect the insurance when the ship sank during her "maiden" voyage...

http://m.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/9648097._I_can_prove_it_was_not_Titanic_that_sank_/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal