collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Held in customs - meaning?  (Read 8642 times)

Offline marblecheshire

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Held in customs - meaning?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 01:49:42 PM »
I feel like a big idiot because it is probably my fault that it is stuck in customs. This transaction has gone from bad to worse because PayPal won't let me have an extension on the case I filed despite the item being stuck in customs. I called them to try and explain and now the case is escalated at their insistence. The seller wanted to handle this outside of PayPal but I had filed a case thinking it was still the 45 day window to do so and advised not to close the case until my money was refunded. The case was going to be closed soon and my only option was to have it escalated as PayPal won't reopen a case. I did not want this to happen as the seller has been so nice. I  concerned that I am going to receive a bad reputation from this and that it will cause issues for her PayPal account. This whole situation has me stressed out!!!!

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 07:52:12 AM »
Hi!

I'm the seller. ^^

And yes... the pony is still in customs. I got a letter from customs asking for some extra information about the item. I sent all the documentation they asked for and a letter explaining that this was a returned good. Yesterday I got another email saying that in the following days I would get another email with the amount I have to pay... Haven't got anything yet and I'm checking the customs website, but the status hasn't changed. So we can only wait.

I hope they don't charge me much... And I'm glad I read through the posts because I've learned some things I didn't know. It's the first time this happens to me too, so many things I don't know how to handle.

@marblecheshire I sent you some PM's this past days with the update. Did you get them? As I've been doing, I'll keep you posted.

Hugs!

Offline marblecheshire

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 07:19:02 PM »
I replied to your pm. My internet has been in and out because of the heat so I have not been able to check in as I would like.

Post Merge: September 08, 2016, 06:50:35 AM

Customs wants over $100 in fees for the pony. Is there anything that can be done since it is a returned good? Neither me not the seller should be out any additional money since we are making nothing from this transaction. I am really stressed over this whole situation. Thankfully LadyPinWheel has been exceptionally kind throughout the ordeal.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 06:50:35 AM by marblecheshire »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal